Tree of Savior Forum

Best Monk builds?

Some suggestions to consider:

• 1 point in Cure goes a very long way. Drop one from Deprotected zone imo.
  • The biggest skills Priest brings to the table are Revive, Mass Heal, and Resurrection. Those skills will never become obsolete (unless they are directly nerfed) whereas flat points like Blessing or Sac may become less useful as time goes on. Many people put 3 into blessing as that gets you the most bang for buck (see the attributes for why)
  • Resurrection comes into play when your party is dying - someone has died and youā€™re trying to bring them back. Situations like that may not allow for a 6 second cast time on Resurrection.
  • Revive comes into play when someone technically died - maybe a big attack or just carelessness. The invincibility is how long they have to get out of danger and get their health back up. Consider how much time you want to give them to not die again.
  • Iron Skin may require more points in it to completely block damage (you can test it once you become a monk and decide if you want to keep putting points in)

Edit: also one point in Monstrance. Gives a 30%(?) increase in dexterity for the party which is a good boon (though a pain to upkeep)

c1 paladin maybe but iā€™ve seen enough paladin being a demon in PVP arena, unkillable bitch just run around there waiting for a chance to revive his teammates.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I donā€™t think itā€™s worth it maxing carve owl when youā€™re not building Int.
Idk how good it is for PvE but, idk why any1 would build a Monk for PvE, monks have zero AoE :c.
And Iā€™m going somewhat high on the Dex, 5/1/4(STR/CON/DEX). I think itā€™s worth it dmg-wise, especially when Iā€™m running around with Monstrance.

Do Monks need ASPERSION and SACRAMENT

Iā€™ve attempted a build, although Iā€™m not entirely sureā€¦

May I know your suggestion for stats build for this?

Iā€™m a little new to the game, but isnā€™t STR kind of useless for monk? I have the impression that monk uses skills a lot, and none of his skills really uses that stat, just simple pure damage. I saw a build that only used con, literally, just con. I really wanted to use this one, but I was not sure if it would do good in PvP(found good videos in pve). I realize it sucks to level up a build like that(not with friends), but my question is: leaving leveling up aside, just thinking on the monk class, is STR or DEX really that important? And why?

Btw Iā€™m thinking about following the cleric->3priest->3 monk build with 3-1(con-STR/DEX)

I wanted to make a ā€œtankierā€ build, so I would also take iron skin and stone skin to max level. Of course that if STR and DEX are really that important to monk specifically then I would not invest only on CON, but if itā€™s not then I feel free to invest in whatever I want.

Iā€™m also definitely going to use Energy blast and probably double punch, so Iā€™d like to know which is better: Hand Knife for the armor break or palm strike for the bleeding? Keeping in mind that Iā€™m looking for a pvp build.

All skills from Monk are [Physical] so they use your Physical Attack, can crit and are reduced by physical defense.
For the skills just get at least 1 point in each Hand Knife and Palm Strike both are good.

Now about the build, just so you know Monk are not the best choice atm in pvp/pve support/dps for several reasons but iā€™ll consider you still want to go monk
-> in that case con is very good, especially in pvp because the way the game works a full con build have 4x more hp (and will heal x4 more too so you know) than a full dmg, while it will still do 60% of the damage at high level, in pve most of the time you dont need that hp being a healer so killing stuff quicker is better but in pvp you will need all hp/block you can get.

1 Like

how about R8 class of monk? i mean what should a monk C3 choose? any ideas? i think both the R8 class for cleric both use int or spr for its scaling. :sweat:

Can you suggest me some weapon for monk crit build ?
Now I have Karacha Dagger and Magas Sword , any idea ?
Thank you

After much tought, Iā€™ve decided my monk build.

Firstly, I wanted to make a monk that can do damage. So high STR or DEX were my options.

Then I made some calculations and discovered that skills with 1-2 hit only doesnā€™t worth taking STR. So I decided to go DEX.

Well, dex was cool because it is both offensive and defensive.

For skills, I decided to go the best GvG build I could.

With this build I can:

• Share my pain with the nearby tank with guardian saint
  • Protect everyone with Safety Zone lv15, Iron skin and Golden bell shield
  • MONSTRANCE(for my DEX build is so cool)
  • Revive people

I decided to not go priest as much because everyone is priest c3. Plus, my monk build doesnā€™t invest in SPRā€¦ So I would only be messing with the real supporters if I tried to buff.

For gear:

• I will mainly use leather for the evasion bonus
  • I could use cloth (to cosplay a real monk) to increase my magic defenseā€¦ Well, I canā€™t dodge magic.

Yeah, thatā€™s it xD

does the buffs scale till late game?

This is my build currently. Pretty good support setup. Not sure about Blessing or the Monk skills after recent patch changes yet though so any advice is appreciated. :smiley:

this is a very solid though palm strike is a lot better and stronger than hand knife so would move points from there .