Tree of Savior Forum

Best Build for Cryo/Psycho/RC?

As the title says I’m still uncertain about how to progress:

w1>Cryo3>Psycho2>RC
w1>Cryo3>Psycho1>RC>Something else
w1>Cryo2>Psycho3>RC

Or if you have better ideas I’m open to suggestions.

I also don’t know if I should go Full Con or 1:1 Int/Con because I’m not going to be full support (I want to do good damage). This will probably be good in PvP but what about the PvE? Will I be invited in groups? Thanks.

EDIT: I’m aware that it can be interrupted but there’s no space for Kino if I have to go w3 and I don’t really want to pass on that.

I looked into this build too before choosing to go Linker so I’m hoping someone more expert will answer you for future references :smile:

I’d go with the first one and for the stats you must decide based on what you want to do PvE or PvP.

Most people do Cryo / Kino / RC to absolutely maximize damage on the Ice Wall + PP combo. For that, I think the optimal build is Cryo 2 > Psycho 3 > Rune Caster

Of course, Cryo C3 is really strong too – so if you like Snow Rolling and Frost Pillar you can go Cryo 3 > Psycho 2 > RC. I don’t know how the overall damage differs, but your ice wall combo will hit for less (if I understand it correctly). WIth 300% buff, however, still should burst pretty damn hard.

Personally, I always prioritize Psyco 3 over Cryo 3 because of its utility in PvP.

On a second thought I think this build will work better with RC taken at Rank8, Cryo3>Psycho3 seems good enough for damage but I’d like more feedbacks on this.

Also I have some questions about:

1. Rank order: I suspect that W1>Cryo1>Kino1>Kino2>Kino3>Cryo2>Cryo3
    would be better than W1>Cryo1>Kino1>Cryo2>Kino2>Cryo3>Kino3 or W1>Cryo1>Kino>Cryo2>Cryo3>Kino2>Kino3 for leveling, am I right?

2. Stats: For leveling and PvE I think it’s better to go with high INT such as 2:1 3:1 or 4:1 and then maybe restat to full CON at 200+, what’s the best ratio in your opinion?

3. Skills priority: I didn’t find any skills analysis for Cryo or Psycho so based on my very limited knowledge I was thinking on something like this http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/8stjew5mw3/ as starter and then keep maxing Ice Wall/Ice Pike/Subzero Shield and PP, TK and Magnetic Force but I’d REALLY like an expert suggestion on this.

Thanks for your time guys, It’s greatly appreciated!

Take my advice as a grain of salt because I’m not yet familiar with the game:

1. W1>Cryo>Psycho1-2-3>Cryo2-3 seems ideal, you’ll need Psycho2 asap for the stun attribute.

2. I’d go with either 4:1 or 4:2 Int-Con for PvE (Leveling, dungeons, etc.). Put some more thought on this because you’ll be close to the enemy most of the time and with interruptions and failed freeze you could be in trouble.

3. I have no idea whatsoever, maybe try something like this: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/927qzuww8v/

Hope it helped.

cryo3 psycho2 is much better than psycho3 cryo2. cryo2 just doesn’t have much to offer. psycho2 on the other hand gives a stun attribute on psychic pressure and magnetic force.
given the cast times, and isa cooldown, its probably just better to go cryo3 psycho3 and get a wiz3/runecaster friend.
runecaster usually demands wiz3 to not be a terrible experience. they really need to lower the cast times again on this class, 8 seconds is not fun.

My cryo3 have a big problem, the spell cancel, maybe i take the WIZZc2 to stop this… Maybe u agree with me, when u reach cryoc3

Ok then it’s settled I’ll go W1>Chrono>Kino>Chrono>Chrono but what about the other 2 points? I really don’t know what will be the best stats allocation or skills to take :sob:

As someone who mains a wiz3/ele3 I think wiz1>cryo1>psy1>wiz2,3>RC could also be great. Currently working on a wiz1>cryo1>psy1, your PP/Ice wall combo gets cancelled so much even when i think im positioned very well, wiz 3 will provide you with sure spell and also quick cast which is great for RC.

Anyone can tell me if with this build would be better to go 2:1 or 3:1 (Int-Con)? I’m already level 20 and I used just the first status point to complete the quest :sob:

Ok I found a good build to follow, last questions for now:

1. Should I wear plate? Staff or Rod+Shield?
  2. What’s the best gem to level? Blue?
  3. Any must have low level attribute? The ones for the rods and shield are kinda meh and the others have like 100 levels…

Thanks.

What do you think about this build?

Wiz3
Cryo
Kino
Pyro
RC

On whatever order you prefer.

Don’t worry just go full int to level faster, you can put some Con when you fell its needed so that adjust the 3:1 2:1 ratio.

Bucefalo i’m still lvl 96 but I don’t get interruped that often as others say…, and I think when I get psy 3 cc, stuns + ice pike/ icebolt freeze I will be able can combo icewall just fine without being interruped.

The mobs that approach you by front while you ice-shard them will get stunned by PP or frozen solid for the whole duration.

Also on other icewall build thread some Wiz3 said that surespell doesn’t prevent you for being knocked down and a lot of late game bosses knowdown with their spells making surespell not that appealing as it might sound, so if you go wiz 2 you probabily wanna go wiz 3 for magic attack bonuses and reduced time on quickcast for ice rune.

As for you attribute level question, icebolt freeze %, and stuns % from Kino are the must level att.

About gems I will probabily go for http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/643596/ (as i’m going for cryo 2 only), or blue.

Lol pyro was a complete waste of cycle imo. (also this guy has a lot of walls for someone going cryo 1, so either he got cryo 2/3 or uses audra.

Thanks but I’m not going Wiz3, I like this build and I’m not being interrupted so far. I have all the informations I need now but no one answered this, plate and staff are the way to go right? Is there a place where I can see the best in slots for each level range? I don’t know if farming the Cafrisun will be worth my time for example.

He uses Audra for the Ice Wall. Pyro makes the combo hit a lot faster, which is very important considering how fast Ice Wall goes down on iTOS.

Crafrisun its worth your time even if you sell it after because its worth a good cash, but you don’t actually need it… you can progress normaly without it and with icewall combo you will still be great dps on lvl 50 and 90 dungeon (assuming you pull off and doesn’t get interruped).

About plate vs cloth I haven’t answered because its realy personal, both are ok, early on I recomend you mix the best equipments you can get, you will get rokas robe on lvl 75~ quests so you can’t combo all plate without losing a lot of great stuff that comes from this robe.

I personaly ignore armor combinations and use Cloth Gloves (for mag amp), Rokas robe and everything else plate to get extra defense… this being said I also do not invest on armor mastery as it is costy AS HELL and gives very low benefit early on comparing to spending your money on better equipment, anvil +3/+4 on staff to get some extra dps and if you want get Ice pike at least to 20-30% dmg attribute because its realy strong o-o. But I would skip armor masterie until later in the game. (survival its not really much of a concern if you play well)

About staff vs rod… I go for staff because I want the extra dmg that staff brings, there’s a rod on 75 that gives 1 level on all cryomancer spells that sometimes makes me wanna change my mind about that xD, its up to you especialy if you like the Cryo shield that has a passive that works with your shield stats (I personaly don’t give a **** for cryo shield since I do not want to play pvp). On later levels there’s audra staff that allows you to go cryo 1 and get icewall enough for shards if you want to go cryo>kino>kino>kino this would be probabily be a an excelent opition, I have no idea on HOW to get an audra staff tho.

It looks really strong. I like Cryo C3 as much as the next guy, but as someone interested in PvP I just can’t bring myself to give up Kino C3 for Raise/Gravity Pole.

It seems that Plague Doctors are incredibly effective at removing debuffs, so Cryo based wizards are going to lose alot of effectiveness when facing off against a team that has one (and they are very popular).

There is no class in the game right now that cleanse Raise or Gravity Pole.

From a PvE perspective, my understnding is that the big Cryo control abilities (Frost Pillar & Snow Rolling) are going to be more effective than the Kino CC (which are also good, but just as good). Someone with more real experience might be able to add to this analysis - this is all based on my theorycrafting around my own build.

Thanks for all the advices, I’m really enjoying this build even if I don’t know if I should go Cryo2 or Kino2 first but the skill allocations is a nightmare, should I leave Swap, Teleportation and later Magnetic Force at 1? Telekinesis is worth maxing?