Tree of Savior Forum

Base Camp Buff Extension?

What buffs does Base Camp extend? Does it extend the duration of Exp Tomes?

I couldn’t find this anywhere.

Thanks in advance,

-Kuya

Doesn’t extend EXP tomes, but it extends refreshment buffs, pardoner buffs, and probably any skill-based buff a character uses

edit: also extends dumpling

I’ve always wanted to make a Squire but I struggle with builds. Everyone goes Peltasta C3 for them which makes sense. And stats everyone seems to go pure CON. Again makes sense but no thank will you ever be.

How would a DEX peltasta > squire > murmillo work? Murmillo is amazing with Rodelero, we all know that, but how high could a Pelt > Murm crit with say 400 to 500 DEX? Wouldn’t base camp and itemization take care of health problems with food? Also very high physical defense too with guardian being buffed.

Evasion ontop of all that would just make you very unkillable by physical mobs. Magical would still melt you for sure, but so do they melt everyone else except full SPR pardoners perhaps or oracles (and paladins in the future and sages?)

Question is how should I build a semi good squire that can effectively do all R8 content alone, provided I give him gear through the team storage?

You don’t really need to be the squire to benefit from it. You can just get to Squire Circle 3, Class Level 1.

That nets you one Lv.15 shop, and Lv.10 Refreshment Table, and Lv.6 Camp (4 hours). You can then leave the character and make a proper one, only logging it in to reopen/restock your shop and to setup the camp.

I understand that, but getting a character to 275 and abandoning it seems like a waste. Especially since you’re only like a day or two away from 317 which is another Mishekan Cube.

Or if you quit around the truffle grind spot you miss out on max tent and food tables, but I suppose that ain’t a big deal. I’ve read that Murmillo with squire buffs can take them to PvP Arena and be quite a powerful enemy with an insane health pool.

Squire stuff
[high guard] and murmillo

Stats
Personally I would go DEX (and I did with mine) because it gives both offense and defence. With either STR or CON you get either offense or defense, not both. There is also the choice of +0 to +1200 atk (for an ave of 600 atk) or +1800 crit atk when you crit with a 5hammer + lv6 gems.

R7 leveling
Here’s a tip for when you solo. When you set up camp, make sure you have [divine might] so you get lv 11 food buffs. Eat the hp recovery food when you quest and carry lv1 aukuras scrolls. The food gives -11 recovery time while aukuras gives -8 for a total of -19. You now recover what ever your HP recovery stat is per sec “when you need it”. You won’t do this all the time.

Dead ranks
If you plan to go r8, you have to be fine with 3 “dead ranks”. You are missing out on ranks that do have synergy with murmillo. Best to stop at 240 for saalus. If you ARE fine with that then go ahead.

Where’s your source for this? I’ve never heard of people being able to get squire buffs into PvP :fearful:

It’s quite possibly misinformation.