Tree of Savior Forum

Balancing Suggestions: Make PvP Great Again

PvP is so horribly unbalanced it doesn’t make sense to queue if you don’t have one of the few chosen builds that dominate all others. It’s normal that PvP builds have an edge, but they shouldn’t be insta-win either. So here’s a couple suggestions, I know it probably will never happen but at least it’s cathartic for me to write it down.

In general:

• 5v5 arena should be a bit bigger.
  • 1mn before the end of the alloted time, Sudden Death. Healing (natural HP recovery, items, or skills) or Resurrecting is not possible anymore. EDIT: Allowing Resurrection wouldn’t be bad actually.
  • During the pre-fight warmup, show the opposing team characters like if they were in our party, but on the right side. Easy access to their build/equips, instead of having to navigate through spectate and /memberinfo.
  • Rhevisan accessories need to have some kind of drawback, right now they render a rank7/8/9 class totally useless while giving lots of good stats.

Clerics:

• Nerf heal by 50%. Add scaling from SPR, and increase scaling from INT to compensate part of the heal loss. Clerics should either have lots of HP or being able to heal a lot of HP, but not both.
  • Revenged 7x : reduce duration to skill level * 3 seconds. Still deadly, but you’ll have to actually think about when to use it.
  • Reduce Inquisitor’s skill base damage, compensate with scaling from stats, so full CON inquisitors are less deadly (str/dex/int inqui damage is fine)
  • Gouhei : remove a maximum of Skill Level * 3 buffs at once, starting from the right side (last buff casted is removed first). It’s too effective at level 1.

Swordman:

• Remove the pushback from Rush. There’s already a CC protection to it, no need to make it cancel skill casting.

Wizard:

• Magnetic Force and Frost Pillar are fine, but change the graphical effect so it matches the skill effect (right now, you’re getting pulled while away from the displayed skill)
  • Raise : Make it affected by AoE ratio, give the skill a +20 AoE attack ratio.
  • Missile Hole : +100% cooldown (so 62s). Still gives a protection against surprise attacks, but easier to whittle down.

Sadhu/Alchemists/Templar could use a buff, but not only in PvP.
There’s things to do about Hunter3 perm disable, or how all the level 1 CC are either too strong or entirely useless, depending on the presence of a Oracle. But nerfing the obvious broken thing would be a start, and feedback would be needed for further changes.

1 Like

Great again? Why you talk like it was ever great?

7 Likes

best feedback suggestion i can give is

“come dev, lets have a friendly 5v5 pvp so u get first hand experience on the skill u dev coded”

play the game. feel it. and aspire from it.

hands on experience n real pvp experience is better than going through wall of text suggestion thread (as if we dont have enough suggestion since cbt 2015)

tldr:huehuehue

6 Likes

Where’s the archer nerfs?
How about make their skills and bows do 95% less damage?

Remove gems and transcends too?

Make everyone fight with bare fists and have a maximum of 20 HP, 1 dmg fists is the only way to balance. No skills, no heals, not even a kepa doll on your toons head.

3 Likes

play your pvp, dev u

I agree with some points but I disagree with these :

• Resurrecting is not possible anymore : As a support Cleric, when my teammate can’t survive more than 10s, my only way to win is to wait till the end and ressurect him in the last second. Plus, ressurection has already been nerf and can be used only one time on each team mate per round which is fair.

• Reduce heal efficient by 50% : Do this and you just destroy the Support Cleric build (by support i mean NO dps) and then you have a game like Ro where support are useless as ■■■■ except for buff like Blessing.

We all agree Cleric need nerf, but they should only nerf DPS/OP skill (as ausrine) and combo OP class, not the few support skill Cleric have.

2 Likes

Archer nerf??? u kidding right?? Tree of Clerics the bests in PVP/PVE/SUPP/LIFE

The Heal reduction would be offset by more scaling from int/spr. The main idea is to nerf the heal capability of tank/physical clerics.

You have a point about the res thing. Considering you can only do it once per round and the person would have limited HP anyway, it’d be fair.

There’s lot of other things that need balancing obviously, but the biggest problems should be dealt first (full con clerics and missile hole). Like how can you balance properly archers with the bullshit that is missile hole?

How is Missile Hole bs? The skill has a hitlimit which should be coverable by just using lvl 15 Multishot on the Sage or whoever has that buff to remove it completely. Alternatively, use 16 autoattacks from far away, since Archer can easily use hit&run tacticts[aka kiting], there’s no problem with that.

There are also so many multihit skills on the broken Archers that currently Missile Hole is a joke, come again when/if Missile Hole gets more hits covered at Rank 9+.

Also, no need to nerf Revenge Sevenfold. The skill is already bad enough because it shows over the head if you’ve got the buff or not and it lasts only 1 hit. If you still can’t find a way around it by autoattacking then come up with a strategy and don’t request such nerfs.

Best balance for PvP would be to cut the damage recieved by 50%, and leave heals and damage mitigation unchanged. Disable consumable items to promote support skills/Classes, disable overheat charges, make Death Sentence unavoidable.

1 Like

All healing and recovery effects should be reduced by 75%, damage should be reduced at 50%

pdef and mdef with 80%cap

CC with Global cooldown (5sec of immunity after each CC)

no more cleric-full-immunity

miko and pd don’t should remove all buffs (it is ■■■■ retarded, maybe limit to 1 and do target to sleep

1 Like

Revenge Sevenfold is so so balanced that 7/10 on the top are kabbas all because of Revenge Sevenfold and its been like that since rank7. Statues, summons, pets even the fuckin pears get the buff, the skill needs a nerf.

The only Nerf archer need is Hunter C2-3 Infinite pet CC…

Nerf all classes of the Swordman, Wizard and Archer trees.
I also demand extra penalties for every Swordman that does not have a rank in peltasta.

Thats all. Now enjoy PVP.

huehuehue

#MakePvPGreatAgain
#MakeMonkGreatAgain
#MakeIMCGreatAgain
#MakeToSGreatAgain
#MakeHueGreatAgain

hue/
you must be new here and don’t play Tree of Forums often enough to get the joke behind it.

Archers need nerfs because it’s all about Tree of Clerics.
Archers have no place in this game…

1 Like

Removing stagger from rush kills catagoon.

Start by not allowing transcendence upgrades show in PvP. At least you won’t see damage numbers where your hp can’t take it, or separate the two by having one arena with “equal gears” and another with no restrictions

the main problem is 7fold it was too op each team have 7 fold seem to win

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.