Tree of Savior Forum

Bad Ideia - Deception IMC Games

I’m fine with testing new things to help the game when it fully releases, but we need to know what they are changing so that we know what changes are bugs and what changes are actually legitimate. Yes it was a bit easy to make silver before. Now it is much more difficult due the drastic increases in services and decreases in selling power in game. Some patch notes that accurately show what is going on each patch before/during would help feedback. It would give us the chance to pinpoint which changes are constructive and which ones are not in the games best interest.

3 Likes

I understand this is a beta, we are testing the game, but is imposible to play with this kind of changes, I cant event repair my equipment, how I am supposed to farm and kill bosses and ■■■■?

But people, you should reconsider the way you are complaining about this, guys there is no reason to be that rude, just relax and wait until it gets fixed

2 Likes

I slightly disagree with you NeNela, This is an mmorpg. Mmorpg are meant to cater to a large number of people. Consumers. They need to do test and get feedback from us so that they can make a better quality product. Nobody has that type of money to pay all the beta testers and plus we’re gamers. We’ll pay for anything even if its free just for the sake of playing a game. Although, I think they should be grateful ( and i’m sure they are) but atleast we have the opportunity to play a game for free ( which is the key word).

If we had to pay for the beta then I would be joining everyone else with their pitchforks and torches.

bad “ideia” :x: lol repair cost its a bug as for teleports i think its ok

I can accept the price change in recipe, because it’s not being tested out yet. But the repair cost bug not being fixed by now is being funny to me.

Seriously? Tweaking parameter is like the easiest stuff to do in development, unless they fked up their codes, there’s no way that they can’t fix it immediately.

That makes me think if the one that’s fixing the game ever seen our feedback at all. I know full well the one that’s communicating with the player is usually not the one that’s fixing the game, maybe they should start working on improving their workflow, as our feedback take weeks to reach the coder.

@Piliken @Einbroch Actually, they are posting the changelogs. :smile:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/regular-maintenance-notice-nov-03-completed/98036

And they also took notice of the bugs from this previous patch. @Mirarara I believe they prefer to do a release when they fixed a certain number of bugs instead of releasing a patch 1 by 1.

I think you misunderstood me. What I mean is the one handling the forum isn’t necessary the one fixing the bug. Thus our feedback is irrelevant.

If you had read the changelog, you will realize most of the reported change has nothing to do with our feedback. In fact, I don’t think the beta tester’s feedback matter to them at all.

Also, in the changelog, nothing is said about the dropped equipment price.

Considering how much these bugs (price change) is affecting the player, and how easy it is for them to fix it, I don’t know, I’m afraid of the future of the game.

maybe its only one guy working on this and its only working from 1am-5am cuz u never see a GM or staff at any other time besides those

I think you misunderstood everything about a CBT. It`s NOT about the enjoyability the testers get, it’s about getting a better game for future players. Yeah, hell, the repair value issue is very frustrating, but they have problems like, I dunno, people who can’t connect to the servers due to file issues.

Yes, they can just simply change the repair value parameter, but where does this bring us closer to a better game? Nowhere. Fixing the value won’t fix what caused the bug.

CBTs are all about structural fixes. They’re not paying for this CBT so they can turn it in a superficially better game. And get this already: a absurd amount of our feedback will probably only be applied when the CBT ends. Things like class balancing, exp rates or bosses difficulty. Forget about them. This feedback is outrageously important, just ain’t useful today.

Let them fix things like inability to connect, offline market, stuff which is BROKEN and they can’t really see it working and getting tested, which is the reason behind all this CBT: they want to see what they bought together working and getting tested, while fixing what is broken and thus not giving them numbers.

Really, if the economy keeps like this i’ll drop the beta. How the ■■■■ they want me to test things if I can’t even pay repair…

About the decrease, I think it’s ok, selling a white recipe that drops with 5% for 30k at level 75 was kinda OP, but I see no reason for the repair and teleport increase.Choose one IMC, the game is currently unplayable.

This ain’t no bug, no parameters change this way. SOMEONE DID SOMETHING WRONG, and it’s IMC fault, now they just made the squires rich…

Well, whatever, that’s just a beta, the other bugs are expected, but I’m really dropping the game until they fix the economy.

What I’m trying to imply is that if they can’t fix a simple bug, I’m worried for their future.

it

is

beta

If you don’t like it, wait for release. They should be able to do whatever they want to the beta because it is a TESTING ENVIROMENT. If you can’t understand that and are just going to whine about it, quit playing until release; no one is going to miss you. There are plenty of people to test the game.

Provide constructive feedback or just don’t even post.

Yeah, it must be simple. If I code a calculator and it says that 2 + 2 equals 5, it must simply mean that I forgot to code that “2 + 2 equals 4”. No. It’s a logic error, in this case. They didn’t mess with repair and repair got broken, so they can’t simply go over the repair parameter and change it. They must leave the bug online until they find its origin, which coould affect or even be affecting other stuff.

or EA, kappa…

Seriously, if fixing repair cost isn’t as simple changing parameter and will affect many other stuff, what kind of spaghetti code did they even wrote?

Also, rewriting the formula isn’t that hard. I would expect the repair cost to be just summing up the repair cost of each equipment, which can be retrieved from the database, seeing as how durability doesn’t affect the repair cost at all. If anything goes wrong here, it could be they messed with the database, or a typo in the formula.

There are bugs that are hard to fix, and there are bugs that should be easy to fix unless you fked up the coding really badly, which seems to be the case if it’s according to what you said.

I’m more worried about the game’s future now. I hope the developer isn’t as incompetent as you described. I would rather this to be just a communication problem.

1 Like

Not if they care about the game. For a good CBT you definitely need to have a good workflow, and make full use of the resources known as beta tester.

Most of the beta tester is casual players, they can only focus on the few bugs which matter to them most. When those are fixed, only they will move on to whine about the next few bugs. The faster they fix the bug seen by most beta tester, the more bugs can be found and be fixed.

Time is limited, if the fix is delayed to the next maintenance, less bugs will be found in CBT.

Also, the number of peoples whining is an indicator of how well they are doing as a developer. Of course there will always be people whining, but when the ratio of whiner:white knight has gone too high, something is wrong with their ability as a developer.

1 Like

Oh, you’re right about the dropped equipment price.

But the price increase in repair is noted in the new bugs. So that means they are taking note of our feedback if not all. Let’s just keep reporting this things so that they will be fixed ASAP. :smile:

*bugs (the topic is summarized with the acknowledgement that there are a great many bugs in the game not just one, so it should be plural with an S not singular without.
*depressing to encounter/detect bugs.
*always add a ’ before ts, for example, aren’t, isn’t.

PS: He should read an english book, you should be reading an english textbook. (there are way more errors, don’t want to be a grammar ■■■■ here. Oh well. ;D

actualy, the repair cost is equal to the price of the item to sell on a NPC, so u are right, the formula is bugged.

Uploading…

And stop argueing, I believe this picture says it all. It is definitely OK to voice out opinions. Beta testing is for adjustments, tweaks and balancing to game content. Not just bugs. Keep calm and keep criticising. :smiley: