Tree of Savior Forum

Avoid Necromancer

are the skeletons Worth getting for pvp or they will get one shot everytime and deal crap dmg?

Flesh cannon hits 16 times. I just went and tested it again to be sure.

I hit a Green Corpse Flower and recorded it with F12. Each hit did 2894 damage. The Flowerā€™s starting health was 109,544 and it ended at 63,240.

2894 * 16 is 46,304. 109,544 - 46,304 is 63,240.

God damn. Maybe we should stop talking about this before all the wiz3/ele3/warlocks reroll and/or start complaining.

Surprise! Necro is a juggernaut direct damage nuker, and their terrible pets are just there to distract people from that fact.

2 Likes

How many hit of Flesh Hoop for 15 seconds duration?

Ok I just tested Flesh Hoop on a (slept) Green Corpse Flower. Flesh Hoop actually only lasted about 9 seconds before it ran out of charges. I tested it twice and both times it hit 15 times over 9 seconds before running out of charges. Each hit did 2493 damage, 37395 damage total.

Itā€™s a janky spell. You canā€™t stand next to elite mobs after lv200, theyā€™ll murder you real fast. Even with sleep when it breaks suddenly you get hit for ~5k damage. Also it only has 15 charges so itā€™s not very good at killing large groups either.

I should clarify, these numbers are with quickcast up and Iā€™m only c1 Necro right now (lv213), so Flesh Cannon and Hoop are only lv5.

rube203ā€™s post is probably correct. Iā€™ve noticed a second a hit on a single target, and the skill wearing off dramatically sooner when I run through a pack of mobs.

Flesh hoop is very firmly a ā€œmeh, nothing else to cast atmā€ type move. Itā€™s not a bad skill in that capacity, but it pales in comparison to flesh cannon.

Related, has anyone else noticed Flesh Cannon turning into a turbocharged flesh hoop sometimes, when the cast is interrupted? Iā€™ve had more than a handful of instances of this. Any guesses as to how this is caused, exactly?

Yes Iā€™ve noticed that. I think it happens when the spell is cast, youā€™ve spent 15 corpse parts, but the animation is cancelled before you can actually shoot it. Itā€™s a 15 corpse part Flesh Hoop instead of a 5 corpse part one. 3 times charges Iā€™m guessing (so 45 charges), but itā€™s hard to test.

This would be a really cool trick in PVP if we could figure out how to cause it.

Wait, am I the only Necro2 here who actually likes the skels? I admit, I never saw them to be a primary damage source for Necro2, but more of expendable meat shields. The setups with them (Pyro2->Psycho2 myself) are glorious.

I agree though, their AI could use a lot of work. They canā€™t even path over a tiny lump on the ground.

Can we get feed back from you about nec2 summons pve? How good are they on grind maps?

Damage is mediocre. Off the top of my head, theyā€™re doing maybe 600-700 damage a swing in Alemeth, but donā€™t quote me on that. You will still be doing the lionā€™s share of the damage, which will hopefully be easier to set up with your skels getting in everyoneā€™ face.

(Individual) durability is surprisingly decent. Skels canā€™t tank hits from the demonic mobs prevalent in every 170+ map, but because there are a lot of them, they can mop up a few hits, sans AoE attacks which their numbers donā€™t do anything against.

The real beauty of Raise Dead is a relatively quick cooldown time for a skill that summons SkillLevel# of minions, for the low low price of SkillLevel * 2 corpses. At level 5, thatā€™s a pittance of 10 corpses, easily recouped with a pot or Disinter.

I notice you havenā€™t mentioned their tendency to chase fleeing mobs, bug out offscreen, and that recasting skeleton doesnā€™t summon new ones - only replaces the dead ones. To add insult to injury, you pay the full corpse cost regardless of how many skeletons you have active.

After about twenty minutes of playing with a party in most settings, I generally have three or four skeletons MIA and unrecoverable because monsters wonā€™t hit them while bugged and I canā€™t summon new ones. The only practical fix is to switch channels twice, which isnā€™t worth it.

Shuggoth does this too, but at least you can bite the bullet, pay 1000 silver and call a new one.

1 Like

I have a question I havenā€™t been able to find a definitive answer for - do the skellies scale? I heard a Necro2 saying that their damage is your m.atk. Is that true? Does their damage decrease if you unequip your weapon?

Also curious if their damage scales with int like the shoggoth, but thatā€™s obviously much harder to test.

Correct. The insanely suicidal AI needs to be reworked; maybe adding a distance threshold before they run back to you or something.

Personally, I wouldnā€™t mind paying full cost for Raise Dead each time I cast it, if only it would replace all your active skeletons, effectively resummoning them. 2 corpses per skel is cheap, especially with Disinter (although I would prefer they scrap the corpse system entirely).

5 Likes

Tested it just now. Removing my weapon didnā€™t have any noticeable effect on their damage. Wish the devs would clarify how they worked, because Int/Spr scaling would be nice.

Wiz3+Ele2 here, I was originally going for Wiz3+Ele3+Warlock but now Iā€™m very tempted to go Wiz3+Ele2+Necro2. Though Iā€™m really curious to know if Necro 2 will make up for the damage loss of Frost Cloud, lvl 14/15 Hail/Electrocute and whatever Warlock has to offer.

But lets say i do lose some damage by going Wiz3 Ele2 Necro2, I guess I can still benefit off this path by having somewhat derpy summon tanks? And from what Iā€™ve read on here, Flesh Cannon seems to hit pretty hard. Damn im really stuck here, if anyone has any input for this path i would really appreciate it. I will be locking in my 6th class by tomorrow.

Also we donā€™t even know what Necro 3 could bring to the table, but same goes for future Warlock circles. Ahhh decisions decisionsā€¦

Why are you asking for the obvious ?
If you want to nuke : Elementalock
If you want something more versatile : Necromancer

Just asking if Necro2 would make up for the damage loss of Ele3, sorry its not obvious to me i have not played in korean verison/ previous betasā€¦ sadly its very hard to experiment in this game as it takes requires you to invest so much time into getting to the higher circlesā€¦

It wonā€™t. 20charasaaaa

Heh. Seems like not a lot has changed since icbt2 for Necromancer, sadly lol

1 Like