Tree of Savior Forum

Avoid Necromancer

Tested it just now. Removing my weapon didn’t have any noticeable effect on their damage. Wish the devs would clarify how they worked, because Int/Spr scaling would be nice.

Wiz3+Ele2 here, I was originally going for Wiz3+Ele3+Warlock but now I’m very tempted to go Wiz3+Ele2+Necro2. Though I’m really curious to know if Necro 2 will make up for the damage loss of Frost Cloud, lvl 14/15 Hail/Electrocute and whatever Warlock has to offer.

But lets say i do lose some damage by going Wiz3 Ele2 Necro2, I guess I can still benefit off this path by having somewhat derpy summon tanks? And from what I’ve read on here, Flesh Cannon seems to hit pretty hard. Damn im really stuck here, if anyone has any input for this path i would really appreciate it. I will be locking in my 6th class by tomorrow.

Also we don’t even know what Necro 3 could bring to the table, but same goes for future Warlock circles. Ahhh decisions decisions…

Why are you asking for the obvious ?
If you want to nuke : Elementalock
If you want something more versatile : Necromancer

Just asking if Necro2 would make up for the damage loss of Ele3, sorry its not obvious to me i have not played in korean verison/ previous betas… sadly its very hard to experiment in this game as it takes requires you to invest so much time into getting to the higher circles…

It won’t. 20charasaaaa

Heh. Seems like not a lot has changed since icbt2 for Necromancer, sadly lol

1 Like

So, what combination is better for PvP only necromancer?

1. Wiz3(no choice)-thau2(because of Reversi which is the only counter to Safety Zone and extra dmg and def for party and like 15k more damage for Flesh Cannon )
    2)Or should I take Linker1 and Cryo1 for extra utility and CC? Cryo1 can also be useful with the coming new classes, if one of them has lighning dmg.

Hmm… PvP only Necromancer?

Well. First off, let’s see what Necromancer brings to PvP. Flesh Cannon for sure, however, it’s impacted by AOE Defense Ratio. With a base of 5 AOE Attack Ratio for the skill, plus AOE Attack Ratio on your gloves/Rod (because multi-hit skills like this scale much better with additional elemental damage you’d likely be using Karacha/Arde etc), you’re looking at hitting around…

Around 6~8 players total. Compared to the 20+ players that other Wizard classes can hit at once. But even then you would need a linker because I can’t stress enough how absolutely tiny the AOE Radius is on that skill. Teeny tiny. About the size of your placement circle graphic. To hit all 6-8 players to milk your AOE Attack Ratio, without linker, would literally require them to be standing on top of each other.

No joke.

What else does Necromancer bring to PvP? Horrible AI but with the terribad fps stutter some of your Skeletons may sneak in a few hits before being instagibbed by AOE spells. Your slug will waddle and ooze around a bit longer but ultimately won’t be contributing much.

Your Corpse Tower may last a while if you place it outside of range of enemies, but, since GvG battles involve a lot of moving around it’ll be left in the dust and all you’ll have to show for it is a skill on cooldown after hitting a few times. It could be alright in 2v2/5v5 though whenever we get it, but even then it’s more of a “DoT” and meatshield to hide behind than an actually meaningful dps alternative.

Dirty Pole. This is likely the only contribution to GvG. Even then though it is more of a buff for all archers on your side than it is anything that will help you.

After all that I think the tl;dr should be:

PvP only Necromancer? Don’t.

lol really though your best attack is limited to AOE Ratio’s and there are a lot of classes that will do everything you can in PvP except much, much, more efficiently.

If you absolutely had to roll a PvP only Necromancer (like if someone was forcing you to for some masochistic feels) then I would skip Thaum (and this is coming from currently a C3 Thaum). Swell Left/Right will not affect your summons at all and the utility you’d lose in both PvE and PvP from Linker or some other mystical class would be devastating. You could even try Linker/Psycho as your fillers giving you a much better chance in PvP to make use of your summon dps (summons + linker = blender, and CC from Psycho can hold them in place so your summons can do their thing as well as offer you some utility skills along the way).

Any job can do pvp if you have CC skill and nuke skill, plus player skill :weary:

Every class can pvp, the problem is who have more advantage. If both players have equal skills then the class will decide who are going to win.

@STAFF_John @Staff_Julie to be honest, necromancer got an unrealistic skill set compare to other wizards. This class need optimization as soon as possible, the minions are so buggy and clunky.

Summon classes need to offer something, but IMC always think summoner are kind of OP because they look flashy just like linker.

1 Like

How much is everyones skels hitting for off hand? I went nearly full int and they’re doing 1200 or so at my level… Seems pretty good. Would be better i they didn’t get lost or gibbed though.

As for necro’s summons… i think just having them leash to the player like Companions and giving skels at least survivability based on blocks like the towers or owls would be nice. That said… it should remain somewhat low. Skels seem to put out decent damage… Assuming that it scales to 280 fine.

I have only ~144 int and my skels does ~ 850-900 damage/hit to Corpse flower in Alemeth forest

Necromancer is a poor version of Sorc 2 > Warlock.

Don’t skeletons get extra HP from your spirit?

Hrm… Tell me what yours are doing around 240s. And we may have a clearer picture… I don’t remember what mine were doing back then.

And even if they did get HP from spirit… It’d probably still be up to debate on whether you’d want to invest in it. Instead of bosses killing skels in 1 shot it’d take 2 or 3. And your own damage/health would suffer for it.

I’ll do a test Thursday to see if the skel attribute is at least % and not flat (since Sadhu has that description bug). See how well that works. Just dump a million in it and see if it comes out as a flat increase or not.

2 Likes

supporting details would be very welcome :slight_smile:

As promised above. Data on the attributes for Skels.

Observed skels hitting Hanaming’s for about 10mins. Recorded bottom and top damage.

1418-1504-----Skels before attribute
1429-1515-----Skels after 10 levels of attribute

So looks like the description is correct. And the skel attribute is flat 1 point extra damage.

Stats for Necro performing the test
Edit: forgot to add… The Lv was 244 on that necro. If anyone wants to check Int values for damage.

+1 damage is very underwhelming to see. Thanks for the test.

I do hope Rank 3 of Necro give buffs to our summons or this is a bad class overall.

To be fair, are any of the rank 6-7 classes actually in a working state? There can’t be more than a few hundred people to have ever tried any one of them.

Hey could you share your build? Im thinking about going the same way but im not sure where to go exactly