Tree of Savior Forum

Autoattack BM is dead. Details inside

Outrage is a 10 second low damage AOE, 30 second cooldown.
We lost around 10% damage to the universal missile damage nerf.
We’re losing crossbow mastery affecting gun damage, which is an even heavier net dps loss.
Tracer Bullet’s excellent new crit attribute deliberately excludes basic attacks.

It’s hard to look at this as anything but an explicit attempt to kill the build. It won’t merely be the same as it was when rank 10 hits. It will be worse. Bullet Markers of this build will be weaker than they are now… Unless Pistol Mastery is massive.

figured this would work like SR, lol

1 Like

If it has a skill lock out for the 10 sec then yeah.

Pray for RO double attack’s 50% trigger rate.

I can’t even understand why IMC is actively killing one of the FEW things archers still have that make them unique. Wiz is already encroaching on it with enchanters (and theirs is AoE).

I’ve already reset my archers because they are all xbow builds (sr, cannon, bm). Am I supposed to go bow or musket now?

1 Like

Yes, you run around and shoot in front of you and/or to the sides, can’t do anything else so gg if you need to evade an attack, 0 DPS xD

It’s because Bullet Marker is a fantasy Class tailored to cater the audiences, it’s not something created by the developers out of love since it has no historical equivalent. I think it’s good to get away from autoattacking again as it’s supposed to be, after boosting it too much with the endgame high HP high defence monsters.

ah, by the way, Outrage isn’t so bad, at level 5 it seems to have a 400%+ modifier and hits about once every 0,1 seconds, so it might be able to deal 30k% or 40k% in that skill duration.

I wouldn’t vouch for that,though, who knows currently? xD

And given the changes, I guess we will see one or two balance patches next week to adjust the damage and CD times of many skills.

2 Likes

Am I dreaming or I think I read somewhere that the pistol master double dmg is 1% per level, max at level 5 (so it is only 5% to double dmg). Do you remember this @ridleyco?

In line with topic, I was also qs3 (mergen variant). But recently I have been battling with my build because the updated Ranger tree is simply too good.

Spiral shot and Bounce Shot aside, Critical Shot is in my opinion a bit broken? Just the skill itself I tried yellow Leafnut tails. 1st hit critical was like 85k. Then with max buff I was hitting like 135k ish on crit?

Personally I like building crit based archers… I love to keep my qs3 but right now it seems we lack the circles for it as it takes 3 circles upfront

As much as I love QS build, I think that between QS3 and Ranger3, right now no doubt Ranger is ad an advantge…

Not to mention 22.5% dmg increase for all missile. Then the Critical shot buff? +full dex?

Running shot will surely be missed… :frowning:

If you want to be comitted to AA bm then go a1-qs3-ranger1-x-x-bm2. You can go rogue/appraiser/archer2/ranger2

It’s filthy for me to see AA had it easy with wide class selection before archer revamp. Other archers had harder time to compete bm AA damage especially Velcoffer boss is dark type.

Now AA still viable. How is it even dead when you not willing to go all out in your build.

You mean like the time Quick Casts +50% damage attribute was removed, as “a definite and explicit attempt to kill all wizards, especially elementalists”? Oh wait, Wizards and Elementalists are still around, they adapted and are still part of top DPS builds. Clearly IMC failed in their explicit attempt to kill Wizards.
Or that time they clearly and definitely tried to kill Doppels by nerfing DOV and Cyclone? Oh wait, Doppels are still part of the top dps builds… It seems IMC is somehow incapable of their obvious and explicit attempts to kill builds.
Sarcasm aside, i’m sure if they truly wanted to kill autoattack builds for BTs, they’d simply disable autoattacks for BTs

About BTs new skill crit attribute : Maybe they didn’t do it to screw autoattacks, maybe they did it just to improve skills? Don’t see it as a nerf to auto attacks, see it as a buff for skills. What would be the difference between them adding tons of separate +%crit attribute to all skills or just adding it as a single attribute? I’d say having it all as a single attribute is way better.

Also, there are several R10 skills that deal mediocre damage, you’re not the only one. In fact, most new skills seem rather ‘tame’. Personally, i see it as a good thing. The last thing we need is more super extreme damage skills that lower the games challenge even more.

3 Likes

You do have a point. Ive been hearing r10 for many looks underwhelming… Considering that many class rank 8 are supposed to “finish” at rank 10 with their 3rd circles…

Probably to prevent power creeping, it could be their way to balance out rank 6-8.

Sometimes I feel that class ranks 6-8 are the focal points of builds… Class ranks 9 feels more like a “supplement” circle (atleast for me)

Which is a good thing since having more than one R6~8 class in your build and possibly ignoring higher rank classes would still be effective. I’d rather have all classes be useful instead of players being forced to just use the latest classes available.

1 Like

Cool opinion you’ve got there. Meanwhile, a couple months from now, everyone who wants an archer AA build is a musketeer. I’m calling it.

Rifle Mastery: Hunting → Musket Mastery: Musketeer

Increases damage in proportion to attribute level and distance from the enemy. Max. level increased from 4 to 5. Increases damage by 30% at maximum attribute level and distance.

Musketeer already the best aa yet not many want to play them. What say you :roll_eyes:

Yeah I realized that too, thinking mine is Falco3. Any build I try without Falco3 just doesnt feel the same to me…

Gonna go back to A2>QS3>falc3>musk2 when rank 10 comes. Mergen and BM skills really doesn’t appeal to me, tried both actually. Really like that gun sound when attacking and covering fire cd and AoE is so good.

it’s a long shot but one worth scoping out

Well, people cried the same thing about their classes when DOV, Quickcast, Magic Arrow, Retreat Shot, Invocation and whathaveyounot got adjusted.
And look in shock and disbelief, people still play these classes and melt bosses in seconds, despite many people having prophecized how not only single builds, but whole classes like Doppel/SR/Fletcher/Warlock/Linker/Wizard/etc “were dead and should get deleted” after the nerfs of their favourite class and their favourite build.
So pardon me for not taking your cries of agony that seriously.

That being said, if you only want to chase the meta and be “teh best autoattacka” feel free to switch class to something you think is better. However, if you do that and are a meta-chaser then that means you didn’t really care about BM to begin with, but only cared about what was “teh best meta”, in which case your complaints about BM are meaningless since you’d drop BM the second something better comes along anyway.

Meanwhile, those who enjoy playing BM because of its gameplay style will highly likely continue playing and enjoying it.

Also, how about we first try to wait for that update and try to adapt?
I bet in the end, unless you are really really picky, you won’t really feel a big difference. When doing group gameplay your dps depends on much more than those few things you complained about.

1 Like