Tree of Savior Forum

Auto Attack (A2/QS3/x/x) Guide

All of additional dmg proporties you get from sant blessing enchant fire adds dmg to each of your lines. Caf gives you an extra line the dmg boost is so big you are stuck in it for life more or less. There are some good post on here and reddit that brake it down by numbers

Cafrisun isnā€™t needed forever. At best you are looking at an additional line of damage that adds 12 from base, 278 from Mana Mana, 43 from Sacrament, 70ish? From Blessing, and 15ish from Enchant Fire plus elemental accessories.

Say 400 extra damage of elemental damage that is a lot easier to resist since it is multiple small instances of damage. Any mob with Resist Elements up is going to massively lower the value of this line of damage

Cafrisun was a lot strong when RSā€™s 200% applied to extra lines of damage. It doesnā€™t do that anymore in our verison.

Level 220 armor at a glance recoups you 25 to 50 damage and maybe a bit of crit. Mainly, the value of that extra damage falls to 0 when the defense is worth more than the damage.

Probably for content at 220+ you should be dropping it for level appropiate armor then build toeard end game armor as the % damage that Cafrisun adds is a lower percent of total damage.

What armor would you say I should start looking into for this purpose then? As in for an auto build what do you feel tends to hold more weight for us?

Also in the long run what elemental dmg the bigger punch for us. As in what element is the least resisted by mobs?

People die when they are killed. When you are killed, you dead. When you are dead you deal 0 dps.

As I wander into later maps, the elite mobs are now starting to deal ranged damage that I canā€™t avoid. My + 10 Cafrisun set isnā€™t doing as well. I am really only losing about 200 damage with my Arde and Sacrament, so it isnā€™t the end of the world.

The big thing is whether to spend silver now to upgrade the set, or to tough it out, hit the pots, and upgrade at 220.

You can totally upgrade at 220.
Thatā€™s when stuff starts having 100k+ hp and archers start wrecking you even if you are level appropriate.

Well, what 220 gear is worth getting would you say? Virtov Leather Set or would you say stay away from leather and go into plate ?

yea exactly what i meant, that additional line of dmg cafri provides doesnt get boosted at all with RS dmg, so its just elemental added in a more fancy way.

Even if u dont wear cafri, the arde dagger dmg + whatever ele dmg u have will be applied into your white dmg.

try doing the rokas quest for the top leather armor, and also vubbe fighterā€™s gauntlet if you have 700kish to spare, im sure those will stay for a while on your char, still wearing them at lv164

Well this is why Iā€™m going STR - I donā€™t want to stuck with kneeling shot. Best thing in Running Shot is that you can actually run at full speed :stuck_out_tongue:

We really havenā€™t been saying ā€œgo strā€. Weā€™ve been saying that anywhere between 2:1 and 1:2 str dex is so close to optimal that it really doesnā€™t matter as long you put points into str or dex.

Iā€™m personally favoring 1:2 str:dex right now for evasion. Its better if you want to pvp, and dodging more boss knockbacks is handy.

I do recommend pumping strength first, to make your Grand Cross last as long as possible so you donā€™t have to spend money on weapon upgrades between 75 and 170 (maybe even 220).

QS3 really is the cheapest class to level while being effective, like ryanlimes said.

I didnā€™t see a build in your main post, or maybe I overlooked it. What is the core A2 QS3 build.

Thanks

Ah I rewrote the first post. Deleted everything, but there used to be a build there. Iā€™ll rewrite it tonight I think.

Sweet thanks, after checking the viability of QS3 in Earth Tower through a few videos definitely want to start leveling one up.

I was a little sad to delete it. It had like 700 clicks. Such sadness.

Shame, yeah I deleted my Fletcher guide itā€™s back to around 2k now though :smiley:

When in mouse mode do you click it or just hold the button? Another by saying that when you use mouse it gain some ASpeed in conclusion you are saying that AA class is preferable with mouse rather than the usual default keyboard mode Z button spam/ Holding Z button cause it gets more ASpeed

Let me know once itā€™s up and iā€™ll take a look

Thanks!

If you are in mouse you just have to be moving around. I just faeroll movement keys myself.

Hello, im going to A1 QS3 Wugu2 or 3 and cannon - Stats str dex 2:1
Can be Work? And cannon its a good deal for this build?

Iā€™ve figured out that weā€™ve been using the wrong formula to calculate skill damage.

The tooltip is misleading. The skill attack is actually added to your character attack before the skill attack modifier.

So its not (attack * skill modifier) + skill damage, its (attack + skill damage) * skill modifier.

That means that Snipe is absolutely insane and definitely is maxed out in average damage with a full Dex build.

The full calculation is:

((attack + skill attack - defense) * (1 or 1.5 if crit) + (crit attack if crit) + elemental property attack) * skill modifier * attribute modifier

Basically confirming this post:

Note that for skills that donā€™t have insane skill attack + skill attack modifiers, balanced str:dex is still better. But for Musketeer and Cannoneer skills, go somewhere between 1:4 and full dex (careful not to overcap 100% crit chance, actually doable between crit rate gear, the archer bonus, and the swift step attribute) if you want to get the most out of them.

I apologize for the misleading speadsheet calculations. Also, I really need to create a skill rotation simulator spreadsheet to determine overall dps.

Edit 1: Video:

If we assume this Archer has ~50% attribute enhancement on snipe, then the spreadsheet matches up with a ~60k crit, becoming ~90k with +45% steady aim boost. I donā€™t know what the exact gear and attribute enhancement on that Archer is, but Iā€™m sure that the formula is more correct now than it was before.

Edit 2: Consider that if you regularly have a priest giving you the +30% dex buff, youā€™ll go over cap if youā€™re more than 1:4 dex and also gearing for crit against targets with less than 200 crit resistance, but priests hardly ever keep that up with high uptime. I really need to make a simulator for this kind of stuff. There are a lot of things to weigh in.