Tree of Savior Forum

Aspersion vs Blessing

So with my Cleric2/Priest3/Chaplain/PD2 character I’ve decided to change to int and play it like a mage. So I will be resetting the skills as well and go for Magnus Exorcismus (recently reworked and looks awesome) which means I’ll redo skills for Priest 3 as well and I’m planning on dropping completely either Aspersion or Blessing. 15 points in both takes away too much from other Priest skills. Which do you guys think is better to drop? Aspersion or Blessing. I’m leaning towards dropping Blessing because I’m going for more mage like character but then less Blessing means less help for team plays. I’m so undecided…

I think You should reduce Aspersion. Aspersion lv. 15 - 17 can be received from Pardoner in towns, so you should not use your lower lv in your party to avoid override the higher lv one. Aspersion is a path to Aspergillum but you want to play as mage who should not swing the weapon too often. On the other hand, you should give Blessing to your teammates often because of hit limit.

This way you could also make both skills fit. Since you have Healing Factor on PD, you don’t really need a high level Mass Heal, and since you’re going to aim for magelike gameplay, I bet you also don’t need Last Rites[it’s fairly useless anyway because it only gets strong below 50% HP, so unless you’re a Kabbalist with Ein Sof, you’d want to have full HP at all times].

However, Aspergillum is a really good skill that scales off your Aspersion, and Capella deploys all your Priest buffs via 1 buff slot (i.e. Capella). If you consider getting Attila later on, all your Priest skills will recieve a +2 skilllevel increase (which also makes your Revive decent, even if you only have a base of skilllevel 2).

I have doubts about Mass Heal anyway because it’s a super good skill on paper but in reality it’s chit. The ones who really need the mass healing are moving around like crazy to survive and trying to aim for them with Mass Heal is impossible. The problem is, should I just not learn Stone Skin at all? because Int build Stone Skin seems really weak.

Stone skin is decent even on INT builds, even if you don’t have a lot of SPR.
If you put all your 38 bonus stat points into SPR, you get 50 SPR. 41 SPR will come from Attila later on, and you can get some more SPR from equips ( e.g. Zachariel Bangle in the beginning, or Terralion/Max Petamion later on), which will give you around 100 SPR.

That’s around 400 Block rate from SPR, and you can get a base Block Rate of around 640 with Attila and Divine Might (i.e. lvl 8 Stone Skin; lvl 9 is possible with the monster skill gem, if it exists…).
So even without SPR, Stone Skin is a really strong utility skill, and SPR just might get more interesting later on, because IMC stated in its recent FAQ the rework of how skills scale with SPR on Cleric classes [also,don’t forget that every point of SPR is already 1 additional damage with Blessing of lvl 17+, while INT only gives ~1/3 dmg per INT].

Anyway, I’d just get Stone Skin because it’s deployed via Capella and because it will save you a lot of trouble (even if you only protect yourself via shield from damage by blocking more attacks) because less healing is needed and negated damage is better than just reduced damage.

You should still be able to do everything even when taking 15 blessing and 15 aspersion… Blessing is still decent on int build due to INT rank scaling.

So, my suggestion would be :

Aspersion 15
Monstrance 1
Blessing 15
Resurrection 4 (+2 Attila = 1 Sec Cast Time) or 3 (+2 Attila +1 DM = 1 Sec Cast Time)
Sacrament 1 (Damage bonus is highly negligible… people want this mostly for the additional damage line)
Revive 3 (I think investing too many skill point in this isnt wise… Since this is a situational skill, limited by the high cooldown). 3-5 is preferable. Might be different in the new map where monsters hit like a truck and you desperately need invincibility? Not sure…
Mass Heal 1 or 0
Exorcise 5
Stone Skin 0 (because it sucks and unreliable on an INT build … would just waste a precious buff slot)

If you decide on having a minimal Res and totally dumping Mass Heal by taking 0, the points would ideally be spent on Revive for better invincibility period…

But Resurrection can stay at 2 for the passive tho. Why 4? And if I don’t learn Stone Skin what happens to Deploy Capella? Do I still get Stone Skin when I cast Deploy Capella. Or how about if I didn’t learn Monstrance for example and used Deploy Capella, would Monstrance still appear and the passive I learned for Monstrance would still apply to Deploy Capella?

edit: After watching a video, seems you were right xD

I play ToS INA and currently Cappella give 5 (FIVE) separate buffs (Not 1 Cappella buff like you said).

@Gomgomi
If you’re willing to waste $$$ everytime you want to monstrance, then sure… You can neglect having a point in Monstrance and cast Cappela instead (dont forget the daino scroll too)

As for Resurrection, faster cast time is much more reliable. Hard CC will still get through the Safety Zone… and Fade lost its ground AoE invincibility and we can still get hit by misfire / wide slashing skills …

So even if I put no points into Stone Skin I will get lv1 effect of Stone Skin when I use Deploy Capella?

What are you referring to?

I cant confirm on this as I only have SPR chaplain where i do take Lv 5 Stone Skin and Lv 1 Monstrance. I would guess so since I read somewhere that Cappela will still give monstrance even when you didnt take a point in it, but dont take my word on it.

showing how it works;

I’d just put the point into Monstrance anyway, since it’s very useful.
About putting points into SPR, you might want to wait until the announcements of IMC and just save the points you might spend, since after calculating, it’s actually around 80-90 points of INT worth.

It’s kinda sad that we only got a 14 day statreset, because, if IMC doesn’t explain what they’ll do until then, we might mess up a lot of things[though we could still fix it later on when the lvl cap increases again].

around 37:00 he shows that Monstrance is deployed by Capella even without skilling, but being a miser about 1 skillpoint…
Also, 1 point should go into Last Rites (just take one out of Aspergillum) for more damage for the teammates.

That 14 day limitation is so annoying.

Yup, I’ll use it on my older Bokor anyway, and reset him to DEX build to test the damage, it might be interesting xD

Ok so I changed to Int and forwent Stone Skin and went all in in exorcism, Aspersion, Blessing and put a lot in Revive which I found to be super useful. This build is so much stronger but I find that I don’t even have time to auto attack with all the spells I have. I think Chaplain as Int is strong but makes Chaplain completely useless as Int build. You get the deploy Capella and the Magnus Exorcism but the thing is that you rarely use deploy Capella because it’s so damn expensive and not that necessary in most cases. Magnus Exorcism is ok damage and it just looks cool and that’s it. And it has a super long cooldown for an attack magic. I honestly think you’ll get more damage by going Cleric 3 over Chaplain with 5 more levels of heal and cure. Obviously Chaplain will be more convenient during quests because your AA is strong but for boss fights Chaplain is very lackluster for Int chaps. With all the skill rotations there is barely any time to even AA. I think as Priest3 It’s better to go Krivis1 for Daino or Miko instead of Chaplain or even Cleric3 instead of Chaplain IF you are Int build and don’t worry too much about inconvenient solo questing.

summon @Wurmheart

Don’t mind me…
I’ll just watch what the others will say

Capella is good on where you have to guard tower or on stationary places IMO.

Capella is also bugged at the moment. It doesn’t refresh so please take note.

Exorcise is currently still not improved ( level for e.g once two units touch it, it instantly disappear) as for when does it get buffed in ITOS no idea.
Since as shown in KTOs videos they do linger after max hits for a while.

You can forgo Aspergillium if you are into party orientated. You will normally only use this to AA devil/ghost type or objects for lines of hit .

You can invest to 0 skills on all of capella it will still work. ( blessing etc all of them will be at level 1)

I have played with different server here so I don’t know if it’s bugged but wasn’t you supposed to re-enter the coverage area?

and didn’t iTos have changed the magnus exorcimus now?

It’s bugged right now. A few months ago you could refresh it by walking in and out of the circle but now you can’t reset it that way. I just tested it yesterday. I thought it was just a glitch on my part but I guess it’s a server wide bug.