Tree of Savior Forum

As a psychokino main

I’m not sure which build would be better for pvp. Could you guys give me some advice?

1st build 3WIZ > 3PSYCHO > WARLOCK : I’m loving this build at the moment since the new quick cast grants you 50% dmg for the entire 15 seconds. And it’ll be better in a long run for the end game content. But i’m not sure that it is good enough build for pvp content since other classes are very good in their own ways too.

2nd build 1WIZ > 2CRYO > 3PSYCHO > WARLOCK : At first I’m choosing this path because this build gives a nice combination but then again, i’m worrying that the ice prison combo is not worth since it got nerfed and i’m not sure about the scaling dmg to the end game content. I’ve seen some forums saying the dmg depends on the MATK but now the ice wall itself has the numerical constant dmg in the description. Does that has anything to do with the PP+Ice wall combo? Moreover do i need to lvl up icewall to 15 to make it hit harder with PP? LVL6 ice wall has 277dmg while LVL15 ice wall has 592dmg.

PS. My friend wants to play a necromancer main but has a hard time finding his path. I think cryomancer and necro would synergize well but that would make our party is not variety. Could you make any suggestion?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

wiz 1 - cryo 3 - psycho 2 - warlock for frost pillar + pole of agony OP combo kappa.

1 Like

From what i’ve read, the duration of “Freeze” in pvp is cut in half. That’s why i’m maining psychokino for his stun or disable cc effects.

I’m in the same situation you are, doubting between this 2 very same builds. I really need more opinions about this too. Cryo, like wiz 3, is supposed to be good endgame with the new ranks anyway because of the cc and utility, and choosing between cryo or wiz 3 is hard not knowing how the future ranks will be, am I wrong people?

Also, if quickcast gets nerfed and then you wanna take ranks without much cast time… maybe you would have prefered cryo.

facepalm x2

Iceshards are based on the skill atk+ your matk.
So it doesn’t matter at all lategame at all.

What matters is the amount of ice wall segments. Each one will generate x shards while its up. (think it was 10 or 20?)

There’s no reason to nerf Quick cast.

1 Like

So you’re saying that the dmg will be calculated from psychic pressure + matk right? And what does “doesnt matter at all lategame at all” mean?

Would Wiz3+cry1+psycho3 be a viable choice? And then i’ll go c3 on rank8 9 10 something.

In my opinion, 1wiz +3cryo +2 psycho + (whatever you want) is a very good build path. It makes a perfect combo and has lots of cc spells. But I prefer psychokino to be at c3 that’s why i’m not using this build.

1 Like

Damage is:

• pressure skill atk + matk = pressure hits/sec
  • ice wall skill atk + matk = ice shard damage/ per shard * per tile hit.

You’re doing two kinds of dps at once.
Shards and Pressure.
And then there’S multipliers that get applied to that … there’s lots of stuff.

YOur MATK gets alway claculated to your skills and attacks.
And lategame 100~400 atk wont make you even twitch.
You need to fight mobs past level 220 with over 100k hp.
YOu will have an high matk duo level, int and weapons or buffs.

A few bits of matk from skills maxed at early 3 ranks … wont even be noticeable strongly. Rather get more skills with duration basic or better skill scaleing xD.

So you’re saying that this build below

will lack some dmg because i dont have enough damaging spell right?
But as a pvp build, is this good enough?

Anyway i’m not quite understand “skills with duration basic” thing.

Sorry for asking you too much, hope you dont mind me.

durtion skills like hail have a set duraton they’re doing damage in a set aoe.

Levleign these increases the duration most times, which increases total damage done.

And yes. PvP wise good. Damagewise you will suffer a bit ^^.

Oh thank you! I get it.
For lvling, I think I should be fine because I play with my friend. I’ll let them carry me along and do all the work when grinding.

As for me, the best build for psychokino for PVP will be Wiz-Cryo-Cryo-Psycho-Psycho-Psycho-Warlock or Wiz-Cryo-Cryo-Cryo-Psycho-Psycho-Warlock. I did such suggestions after I watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdjsdLFafHY

1 Like

That’s really amazing. Cryo’s cc is better than Psycho because psycho’s is more like channeling skill which I cannot set up other skill to kill the target. But the point is I really love psychokino lol! I think I should try those 3 builds and compare them together.

“The 3wiz 3psy 1cry”
“The 1wiz 3cry 2psy 1war” and
“The 1wiz 2cry 3psy 1war”

I dont think this would be hard because you can lvl to 80-100 in one day.

Ill roll Cry3-Psy2-WL for Arena and gvg

o: damn thats insane. Wish it could be Cryo3 Psyko3. Gravity Pole and Raise are so good!

it’s so weird to see a cryo3 not taking Rune caster. idk why, just my opinion.

Rune caster would be great in PVE. But the thing is, rune caster is not going well in PVP. This class provides non cc, long casting time, and just doesnt fit in team playing style. The only viable Rune caster in pvp needs to have a c3 wiz. And as you’ve mentioned to have a c3 cryo, that’s will be c3 wiz, c3cryo and a rune caster and I dont think this build will succeed in pvp because the output burst dmg is not enough, the control skills are good but there’re classes which will excel this. For pve, you’ll find a hard time grinding by your own, more like using cryo skills to farm only.

this is my point of view from a pvp player

3 Likes

alright then if you say so.