Tree of Savior Forum

Arise, Summon Army! The Purple Class Codex

Critical Rate is very necessary, just as it is for any other DPS. It boosts the critical chance of your summons.

Yes it is. It uses your final Magic Attack, SPR, and other stats you have on summon.

If you don’t have a fully upgraded rod, the summon will do bad damage because its stats are determined on summon. As for the skill level stuff, Desmodus damage bonus is determined upon summon hit, so if you’re not actively wearing the rod, the summons don’t benefit from the +1 skill level on Desmodus; it doesn’t snapshot on the debuff on application. The change you mentioned for Durandal only applied to Gung Ho, nothing else.

Ideally you use damage spells with a staff, Evocation with a rod, summon and use Riding with a staff, cast Summon Servant with a rod, and otherwise full time rod+shield for the extra defensive stats and the extra damage for summons on Desmodus. You have to swap constantly in combat and use the right weapon for the right situation for optimal efficiency. It is a very active playstyle and requires keeping track of a lot of buffs, debuffs, timers, and which weapon needs to be equipped at the right time.

You can, of course, play however you want. There’s a lot of optimization that can be done, and the main summoner in KR plays only using a rod (never uses a staff) and plays Chronomancer instead of Featherfoot. As of right now, I prefer my route.

I took a break for over 2 months so I’m still optimizing and catching up on what needs to be done to improve, including my own gear.

It’s a significant difference. Using my staff I gain 6000-8000+ more Magic Attack over using the rod. If you want to maximize damage, this cannot be ignored.

Desmodus is better because it can achieve a higher skill level. Summon Familiar is broken and doesn’t scale with your Magic Attack properly, so they do very little damage. Both summon debuffs are still useful in a pinch and to properly spread out your summon damage bonus, especially in CM.

1 Like

uhmm is smugis, better than liris for summoner?

Smugis is certainly better if you have Karaliene, otherwise they’re both close. Liris should be stronger in geared situations with a lot of damage+% modifiers, as the potency of Smugis get diluted or capped. Smugis is better for quality of life though.

Hi guys i have a question!

Since summons still snapshot our final magic atk when summoned, can i maybe play with two setups? i mean, is viable to, like:

staff+trinket to summons, then switch to skia rod +1 skel
then use swap addon for my varna rod with wicked desire ichor? Or do you guys only swap when using evocation? im playing double rod (skia on alt+z, for if my skeletons die or w/e), but im missing my old magic atk (around 31k) and spr (2k+). I just didnt tested, tought they nerfed snapshot lol
thanks for sharing this tho

@edit: oh i just forgot: does red stats on my staff count on snapshot even if i switch to rod+shield? i mean if i have 1400 beast damage, does summons have it all the time?

1 Like

Hello, guys!

Is there any way to show summons and party info at the same time?

hello guys im back, just wanna know what is the purpose of mastering the art: enhanced upgrade attributes of raise skull mage or archers? i cant see any difference…any suggestions what arts should i maxed first after evocation?

Do summons trigger the new arks? If yes, which one would be better: thunder or punishment? Thanks in advance

So they dont want to make summons busted so summons do not work with them unfortunately

Also can someone tell me where i can find Vivora rod [Wicked desire]? im playing on the seasonal server and would like to get my hands on this item.

This inven post shows both thunder and punishment arks working with skeleton archers: http://www.inven.co.kr/board/tos/4197/82524

Extremely ultra low drop chance from elite mobs in ep12 maps. (Can drop from the elites in CMs)

thank you for letting me know this! id liek to try my hand at using this. where would i be able to get either of those arc?

Thank you. I also saw a short video vs misrus in which there were lightnings falling (I thought it was thunder ark, but your source shows that punishment also triggers the “lightnings”, I didn’t know that), but I couldn’t recognize if they were proc from skeletons or ignas’ D, so it seems that those are useful in the end. Your source says the trigger rate is very low compared to the character (punishment’s trigger rate is scaled based on skill factor, and since the skill factor of skeletons is very low, the trigger rate should also be), but since the trigger rate of Thunder Ark is fixed (not scaled by skill factor), should it be the same for skeletons? Does anyone here have a thunder ark to test it with skeletons?

Punishment ark procs look like “thin purple lightning” yeah.

As far as I know, the thunder ark trigger chance is not fixed. The chance is up to the % listed in the ark, but if the skill factor is too low, the chance to proc is lowered. If the 180% sfr on skeleton archers in tos.neet is correct, then the chance to proc thunder ark should be pretty low too.

Unfortunately I do not have a thunder ark, so I’m not sure on how it works exactly. Heck, what I’ve said above might be completely wrong.

@crevox which ARK are you using / advise?

He mentioned before that he’s using INT ark. But i don’t know if he still uses.

1 Like

Using INT ark stage 7.

This is all correct. Thunder Ark may be better, but it is an expensive test, and I have prioritized other gear upgrades. The time will probably come.

Is Purple bad? I have him going to 7. :frowning:

Does anyone know what upgrades effect the vaivora evocation summon? Like, do evocation skill levels and attribute/art enhances effect it?

And is it effected by the 400 legendary moringponia damage increase?

I’m not sure what you mean by purple.

The attribute and the arts only affect the damage of the skill, not the summon. The summon scales with all the same stats your other summons do.

I assume you mean the accessories. I haven’t specifically tested this, but it should.

Thanks, good to know and yea i meant accessories. Also I believe they meant the spr ark when they said purple.