Tree of Savior Forum

Archer Re:BL, what will happen?

Hello eveyone,

After read some news about next big rebalance, which remove Scout to a new base class, my biggest question is, which class will inherited “Split Arrow” from Scout.

I vote for Archer base class get this skill.

Scout keep “Invisiblily”, Archer get “Split Arrow”, doesn’t that a very great farewell message for old archer-scout.
Just thinking about a current-weak-version of this skill (Oblique Shot) of archer, it’s really mean like nothing to compare with “Split Arrow”. Why we keep a weak version but not stronger one ?
Split Arrow is very meaning with players, who almost pick scout as main char from rank6 (like me), in the begining of this game to now, from spammer to something not-very-usefull. (my main char still have scout3 at now).
So, again, can we give “Split Shot” to Archer, to keep a great memory from old-times playing ?

Even if you have another plan for this skill, pls read this topic and think again.

p/s: if you planing for no-cd-skill come back, don’t forget “Split Shot” and “Twin Shot”, nerf dame and make them no-cd, i’m not hoping so much but these is good things to do.

// =======================================================
// Update ideas about base-archer:
Archer Skill here: http://test.tree-of-builder-kr.tk/Builder/?class=31&skill=11103000

Archer now have 5 skill, 3 atk, 2 buff, i will focus to 3 atk skill:
_ I realy miss the old Multishot, this is one of the best skill designed for archer, it’s not really strong but need A3 (max level) to release full power.
The problem is, now, it’s not designed for a must-focus-skill, lv1 or max have 10hit, Why we need to spend more point to a skill, which very boring when lv1 and max not different except dame ???
Who got this idea and who approved this, i can’t understand, we’re planning about “some skills max, some skills not” style ?
Just take the old multishot back, lv1 2hit (or 5 hit), lv5 10hit or more, cancel animation will cancel skill (if you can), it’s very simple but take the player think about “which skill they need”.
_ The second is Twin Shot, this is cool skill but not strong, the best thing i can design for this skill is “remove cooldown” and increase gap dame each level, just that, you can nerf total dame if you want.
_ Like the tittle of this topic, i think Oblique Shot not necessary anymore, this skill lost amost all of it’s power when you take off “no cooldown”, replace this skill with Split Shot will fill the last slot for archer.

With this design, archer now have all skill need to max, so player can choose their style.
(Maybe we need some idea about Full Draw)

My game-design focus to “Each skill is a powerful skill”, i want to receive feedback about this style is good or not? If good, i wonder will IMC game-designer team think again ?

// =============================================
Some another ideas:
_ Oblique:
lv1: 1 hit bounce 1
lv2: 1 hit bounce 1 (+10% dame bounce)
lv3: 1 hit bounce 1 (+10% dame bounce)
lv4: 1 hit bounce 2
lv5: 1 hit bounce 2 (+10% dame bounce)
It’s worth for each level, player can focus to 2 target and save 2 point.

or
lv1: 1 hit bounce 1
lv2: 1 hit bounce 1
lv3: 1 hit bounce 2
lv4: 1 hit bounce 2
lv5: 1 hit bounce 3
In this case, obique will be very similar as “throw grave of luna dota2”, less dame each bounce, this skill focus to lure and multi target.

_ Twin Shot:
lv1: cd 10s
Lv5: cd 5s (or 6 ~ 7s)
Sure that we can increase gap dame each level to take more point, but i have another idea.
With a simple hit skill like this, we can add a debuff (or att debuff), of couse this skill focus to dame, so, can we give it more dame ?
Debuff target: increase dame each hit, only apply for Twin Shot, duration ~10s
Focus to boss, each hit, twin shot will be stronger and more stronger

I think 5 ~ 10% each hit is good
5overhead = 10 hit --> x1.5 ~ x2 dame
wait cd to 10cast time = 20 hit --> x2 ~ x3 dame (limit here)

I’m sure that not good for pvp, but we can take that dame to boss, or mini boss.
And the fun thing is:
lv1: stack 1 ~ 2%
lv5: stack 5 ~ 10%

Has anyone ever played aduka in gunbound. It’s like: “time machine killer” (in my country, we called “evil god of the time”), more hit more dame, apply for all aduka type in a battle, i played very much full-aduka matches in the past.

// =============================================
// Idea about base Scout - Pistol skill

Firstly, i want to confirm this again, Split Arrow (now Split bullet or something) do not suite for Scout anymore.
I never think Scout use a noisy weapon like pistol (without barrel silencer), so the problem is, will we use that noisy thing for spamming, it’s not like scout anymore, not at all.
Of couse, scout always better with a bow, the deadly silence, more than pistol.
In this case, we can’t change anything about weapon, so we need a new skill to fit that gun.

I’m thinking about 4 option:
_ A skill to alert their teammate.
_ A skill to misleading their target.
_ A skill to track their target.
_ A surprise attack skill to finish target quickly (we have a dagger skill, but meele one)

With a gun, which skill can alert teammate, track enemy, and make a misleading.
All in one, sure, it’s called Flare Shot.

The old Flare Shot is designed for dps (lol), i’m not sure that it’s good or not.
Anyone remember Flu Flu? I think that skill is good, good aoe, good debuff, but IMC seem like do not care about that skill, so it’s become a bad one.
If we can combine both of them, we have a best skill for Scout, a bullet can shoot from a pistol.

New Flare Shot
Shoot a bullet to target area, aoe one hit skill, cast debuff to “Track” any enemy nearby where that bullet explode.
_ Flare light effect will alert teammate
_ Flare debuff to track target
_ Flare debuff to misleading target.
We got 3/4 target, at least we have dagger skill to finish our target, so it’s fine even without that part.
Any Scout can use this skill (include dagger path), we can use a cheap gun and focus to debuff, we need to increase debuff each skill level.
What is “Track” debuff, if IMC read this post, i think they have a plan.

The other post, i have an idead about give Scout the pistol skill from corsair, it’s better than “Split Bullet”, but alter thinking carefully, i don’t think that skill better than Flare Shot.

Which better than a Flare Shot for Scout? I want to hear any idea from you.

And finaly, thanks for reading.

Archer Scout is impossible cause Scout is now it own class outside of Archer tree or bonsai now xD

I believe the scout kept it but changed into new name called oblique fire which is same split arrow but use pistol instead.

I think you mean this skill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3s2S1lq4SY at 0:40.
But i’m still keep my line, Archer is the best class for “Split Arrow”.

The old rank have that skill do not mean new rank must take that skill, we need to find a best way to fit any skill, any class. Why we need 2 version of a skill (1 weak, 1 strong ???).
Swordman have Pain Barrier, Scout get invisibily, so, what meaning of Archer, which better than a powerful spammer skill for a base-dame-class? (just thinking, Archer now do not have any good skill except Swift Step)
Archer new skill here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgeD08V36hU

In case need a skill to fill pistol-scout, we have a better one, remove “Quick and Dead” from Corsair and make it focus to 1-2 target. This better for scout and corsair too.
Or a skill make the name “Scout”, Flare Shot, we can change it to “Track Bullet”, to deal dame and track target ( -def, -eva, or -something…)
Any scout need a something to inform target to teammate right? I think that, so, Flare better than Split.
Split is a skill focus to dame, archer is a class focus to dame from rank1 and already have that weak version, why not replace that with better one?
Specially, we need debuff from Flare(Track) skill, NOT dame, then any scout (include dagger path) can use a cheap pistol to use this.

In the first post, i really want to write “dont make something like Split-Bullet or Split-Dagger” but i run out of time to work, lol =)))
Tks for that info, if you have any link about translated english version of new patch, pls send me.

To answer your question, no one knows exactly what will happen to any skill. IMC has an idea of what they want now and many changes are still likely to be made as the korean players get their hands on it for testing and then going live.

If you’re looking for more information, the ktos general thread is the place for all Re:build info for us right now. A handful of players are posting info as they translate it.

As for theorycrafting, hopefully archer will get it. But with running shot gone, and SR and BM being moved out of archer tree, it seems they are moving toward a high burst dps theme for archers and less AA and sustainable damage where the classes that attack fast with sustained dmg is the scout tree. Although fletcher has those spammable skills🤔

I’m sure that IMC have plans for all they do from old to new, this new patch was planned long time ago.
But i’m sure this too, IMC have lots of wrong moves, bad design, i think this is a bad design so this time, i want to fight for my favorite class.
I created this topic just for a hope they will think again, maybe a staff will read this and show to anyone from game-design team, well, maybe.
Seem like successful rate less than 0.1%.

Yesterday, i read that topic and found this, thanks google translate
http://test.tree-of-builder-kr.tk/Builder/?class=5123&skill=1120.5175.2155.3124

Update base-archer skill ideas at post1, I will update idea about base scout as soon as possible.
Hope everyone enjoy that.

Update Some another ideas: about archer in post1
I changed topic name to fit content, sorry if anyone feeling uncomfortable for this.

Update the last Scout path

The First thing i was learned when join a game-company is “your idea is not very important as you think”, so it’s very simple, i don’t hope so much to anything.
With 400 viewer, if anyone of you can make your own game in future, maybe you can remember about this post and give some better idea.

Scout and Archer is my favorite classes, at least, i was tried to say what i think.