Tree of Savior Forum

Archer Monsters are extremely frustrating

Basically what it says in the title. Everytime I walk through an area which “ambush spawns” archer monsters, I get one-shotted by magical homing arrows.

Please, wouldn’t it make more sense to make these arrow attacks linear (as in, in a straight line) rather than homing missiles? It’s extremely hard to fight archer mobs without heavy sustain because their attacks are simply impossible to mitigate.

3 Likes

I find that jumping around after each attack “confuses” them and I’m able to dodge or prevent them from attacking/hitting me too often, whereas just standing and attacking or running through means death

It’s mainly the original “alpha strike” that is irritating. No matter which way you run the arrow homes in on you and if you’re not a plate wearer or CON stacker then it does a hefty amount of damage.

Archer mobs have telegraphed shots already, so why do they need unavoidable autoattacks?

2 Likes

Yeah, even as an archer I still have a lot of issues with grinding in those areas. The jumping helps since they seem to have issues targeting you if you’re jumping (although not 100%). I think the absolutely unavoidable ones are just to make it so that there’s always some kind of “challenge”. Since if we can have unavoidable shots (in a sense) they get them as well

That’s not all, they have huge accuracy, even with a pure DEX archer I have a hard time dodging the arrows ._.

They should either have very low accuracy, very low damage, or attack much slower (I mean the projectiles) so they can be dodged, at this stage it’s ridiculous to get one-shotted by a Panto Archer’s Multishot.

The funniest part in this is that Archer class arrows doesn’t function as a missile, they go in a straight line, but archer mob arrows follows you :no_mouth:

4 Likes

I’d say keep the homing aspect but lower the damage a bit more. It’s honestly one of the few aspects that make this game fun and challenging.

I agree, the homing arrows with that amount of damage is just stupid. It should be about your observational and dodging skills, i mean if i time my attacks, jumps and run arounds correctly i should be able to avoid the monster’s attacks and do some damage, with the current system this is impossible, the arrows just follows and kills you no matter to where you run.

Get a Quarrel Shooter within your party, our expertise is defence against range. It’s an MMO afterall, not soloing.

I have only seen two people roll Quarrel Shooter, and none of them ingame! :frowning: I would party with one if I could.

2 Likes

A skill to “pick stones” doesn’t seems very attractive to me, so I think almost everyone is avoiding this sub-class hah

:cry: Archer mobs do too much damage. Plus, even if you get a Quarrel Shooter, they’d have to constantly build those Pavise and your entire party would be stuck behind it because the archers do so much damage it’s safer to just stay there and auto attack.

I got offended to be honest.

The fact that you said that without a proper research leads me to a stupid user.

Learn Quarrel Shooter before actually attacking us, thanks!

PS, shield skill.

Quarrel Shooter … literally Running and Gunning. Pretty OP in my book since you can kite everything :confused: Also isn’t stone shot like a really high damage skill? Limiting it by picking stones is amazing considering how much damage it does and can be spammed since it has no CD.

Don’t remember attacking anyone… all I said was that “pick stones” skill isn’t attractive for me, so I’ll avoid using the QS sub-class, but whatever.

2 Likes

Well the fact enough that you didn’t even list our most useful skill was terrible by itself but your ignorance was the worst part.

Yes, I do know nothing about QS, and it’ll stay this way. It’s usefull for you and not attractive for me, the same way Rouge, Hunter, Sapper and Schwarze Reiter doesn’t make my style. They can be usefull in their own way, but they’re not attractive for me.

My life as Archer/Ranger will continue being great and yours as Archer/QS will too, simple like that. I’m not here doing merchandising against QS so people won’t play this sub-class.

Also why are the archer mobs always so tanky compared to the other mobs around them, am i the only person finding that whole situation weird.

No not really :frowning: IMCgames just wants to kill us with arrows by making the archers tankier. You see how dem arrows go up and down when you jump and follows you to the ends of the earth? IT BE MAGIC I TELLS YA!.. makes me wonder if you can ever out run those magical homing arrows with max speed buffs (Cataphract Trot and Chronomancer haste)

I actually built my Ranger tanky because of this. Would be nice to be able to dodge their shots given their tendency to deal huge amounts of damage. Seeing monsters able to cast a homing “Critical Shot” just sucks when you yourself have to aim it.

What sucks even more is the fact you usually have a split second to react to any archers that fell from the sky. That means you have to line up, charge a shot, and unleash it before they have a chance to shoot -> which is impossible unless you’re using an insta-case skill.

Either Archer monsters should deal less damage, or they shouldn’t have homing arrows, or they shouldn’t just suddenly spawn with players within their range.

1 Like