Tree of Savior Forum

Archer Monsters are extremely frustrating

Mobs fall into 2 categories

1. These mobs are too dumb, they always miss. You can dodge everything by bunny hopping, outrunning them, or by doing anything at all. This game is boring.
  2. These mobs do too much damage, and never miss. You can’t dodge them in any way. This game is too hard.

Finding the sweet spot between these two is likely harder than it sounds.

But isn’t this exactly what archer mobs are FOR, though?

At least in Ragnarok Online, archer or other ranged mobs have high dex and damage precisely to make soloing with high dodge rate glass cannons less feasible. It was intended so that high damage dealing ranged characters like pure int wizards, archers, - and, to an extend, rogues - would be more likely to team up with armor/vit tanks such as knights, crusaders, and support classes like the acolyte.

The high damage of the archer mob will then be mostly negated by the heavy bonus armor of plate equipment and a high vit stat, the huge hp pool of the tank will be less bothered by said damage, and any damage that might accumulate if these mobs are clustered will be mitigated by the heals.

After all, if no mob can scratch a pure dex/strength archer, why would archers ever team up with clerics and tanks outside of boss fights?

Personally, I think this is working as intended.

We are not saying it should be easy, but it’s pretty stupid that you can avoid everyone else’s attacks except the archers.

Want to make them hit the target 100%? Ok, lower the damn damage. So at least we can manage to fight against them.

Want to make their attacks avoidable? Ok, raise the damage a lot. So if you get hit, you’ll pay for your lack of skill.

As it is now, they have an extremely high amount of damage and nevermiss attacks, it’s not a matter of difficulty, it’s just unplayable, you can’t face these monsters without getting killed for the simple fact that you can’t avoid their attacks. And i’m not talking about monsters with 15 levels above the player, monsters at the same level just kills you easily.

Or at least make them passive enemies, sometimes you’re just walking around and 3 archers spawn by your side and just kill you for no reason.

And they cannot force a player to play in teams. I like to play solo, yes i spend more time killing bosses and finishing quests, but i like it that way. The current archer monsters system needs to be changed imho. It’s pretty demoralizing when you are able to kill a boss 10 levels over you but can’t kill two freaking archers at the same level.

Are you sure they aren’t missable? I played archer myself and while the archer mobs attacks seemed much harder to avoid than melee (obviously), the only attacks that seemed to hit without a chance to avoid were the actual archer skills.

This might just be because of my dodge, of course, but I seem to remember quite a few arrows going amiss while I was fighting.

And I’m not saying to have archers be walking death beams for anything that isn’t a full balanced party, either. I just added my 2 cent in so far as I didn’t notice them being ultimately deadly. Annoying, yes. Deadly, no.

Their normal attacks are homing arrows, you can’t avoid by getting out of their way they just follow you.

If you have a nice dodge rate you might be able to escape some arrows, but again, it might be intended that way and i still think this isn’t fair.