Tree of Savior Forum

Archer 2 > Hunter 3 > Falconer 3?

What many also don’t know is that the attribute for pointing, “Fear”, reduces the damage of all enemies debuffed by it, as well as applies a brief 1-2 second stun on enemies. (The stun doesn’t work on bosses)

I think the Growling AoE is actually big enough for normal farming purposes,
and as mobs are just stupid it’s so very easy to lure them in a straight line into the AoE to get them disabled.
Also, as long as you don’t have Aiming, most normal skills don’t have a bigger AoE anyway to hit monsters disabled all over the place, so for once this helps with mob concentration to a certain degree.

Yes, Pointing isn’t that good for provoking enemies, but it is quite useful as the companion always reapplies the debuff on the enemy, making your evasion and accuracy more effective.

It is also one of the few skills I can use with Bazooka mode or Kneeling Shot that has a useful effect that doesn’t need to be refreshed/recast actively every few seconds, and honestly I don’t feel good for taking Quarrel Shooter skills up to do this for me, as Quarrel Shooter just doesn’t have any useful mass cc skills that disable many monsters at once like Growling does(Growling seems to be bugged/disabled on some maps,though, as I was unable to use it in Demon Prison District 2, but at that map Coursing/Retrieve were also disabled for all mobs except Harugal, so it might be a bug after all?)…

Wugushi is okish if you’re fine with the fact that he’s a Rank 4 Class, so you’d have to go QS C1 or Archer C3; It has the benefit of enabling you to use Hungry Velnia Monkey cards for eternal 30% damage boost, however, it also has the fatal flaw of being single target-fixated with most of his skills and he uses up items, so you have to manage resources and carry more stuff around with you (that’s not so bad but meh, I don’t really like managing all those extra stuffs).

His skills also can’t be used with Bazooka or Kneeling Shot and because the poison has a short duration, when you’re ready with Bazooka + Smoke Grenade, the poison will have already nearly worn off unless you’re a C3 Wugushi (Wugong Gu has 10 seconds duration at any level and Needle Blow has a maximum duration of 10 -12,5 seconds, depending on wether you’re a C2 or C3 Wugushi).

Last but not least, Sapper. I like the design of the Class, but it is pretty static, which defeats the purpose of pairing it with the static Cannoneer. His skills also have high CD times, so you basically have to trap all your traps first before going into Bazooka/Kneeling Shot (as once again, traps can’t be used from those stances).
The worst thing is that Sapper doesn’t features any useful CC skills, it’s a pure damage dealing Class, and its skills are point blank range,too, which is another thing you’d want to avoid on the ranged Cannoneer.

All in all, I want the damage to come from Cannoneer. I don’t want to transcend and overupgrade the Cannon and the Crossbow, so there is no way I’d go for Wugushi or Sapper that all rely on that to be of any use to my build.
Hunter doesn’t bring damage but utility, which is what Cannoneer needs most as it becomes a sitting duck during Bazooka/Kneeling Shot.

Hunter does face another issue.
Even if IMC said they remove “Elite” mobs and made those clover buffed elites (the ones which drop event medals right now), The old elite mobs are still immune to growling. The heck some are even immune to coursing and retrieve…

Also hunter3 is as you said is indeed good for cannon3 where you can just drop the pet and let it growl and go bazooka mode. Mobs gets CC’d and you keep hitting them. But the thing is its highly unreliable.

Still find a waste to use 3 ranks for only ONE skill if you will not maximize it. So yeah, I would never Hunter in a Cannon build, even Scout 1 gives better tools, Cloaking not only let’s you setup but gives 50% more damage, and the new skill área is huge, you can literally go to the corner of the room, setup Bazooka and clean the entire room in one shot.

Well, most of newbie qs3 you find roaming around only us running shot too.
Its not like hunter can have only 1 useful skill. Coursing is still +crit chance and rush dog with proper pet equipments hits like a truck.

@Valfor We all know that hunter is not the brightes choice, but, if someone chooses, let that someone take their own decisions. Sure, @ReportofAusterity talks like it’s a solution to many problems, but I read those as they trying to convince themselves.

I don’t want to see this thread become a bunch of counter points to hunter, because we all know hunter is not that great, not even close to decent most of the time. But, when someone goes out of their way to try it, and expect it to work, let them.

After all it won’t be you playing it, and in the end you’ll atleast get the “I told ya” satisfaction, if the time comes… It could turn out that they enjoy it so much that it becomes their main.

2 Likes

… You are right, I got sidetracked, and I sorry for that.

1 Like

Which weapons should be the best for hunter’s companion?
The damage of hunter 3 is relatively overpowered even if for imc"s reasons 90% of the skills won’t work on boss.
With only 2840 attack on my penguin snacthing that is the strongest skill can crit 40 000+ with luck, even rush dog is decent 12 000x5 sometimes.

Eh, two handed stuff,
To be honest, anything that when you avg the min and max atk gives a substantial amount.
It’s added at the end of the formula I guess, so with 3K phys atk, it would add +1K damage. (as from 12k to 13k)

You deal that much damage because of your archer weapons anyway, and I REALLY WISH that rush dog stopped being a fake multihit, I really want to see that as a single great number, instead of that facade.

Too lazy to type again.

So yeah basically you go for 2h stuff or offhand weapons.
Keep 1 thing in mind that red gems gems on offhands give “patk” and not “max atk”

For armour slot, always go shield.