Tree of Savior Forum

Anyone have any linux performance tips?

I know this is a windows game. But most games I can get to run on linux mostly normal speed. On tree of savior im getting around 20fps in town and 40fps in the world. specs are a ryzen 2600 and a gtx 1060 6gb

i did a lutris install running the most current wine-staging 4.3. winetricks include d3dx9_36, vcrun2015, msxml3, vcrun2010, and flash

am i missing something that would give me a performance boost on linux?

hope this help you, was the fastest thing could Search as I have no linux

Have you tested wine with gallium-nine patch? This convert the dx9 instructions directly. You’ll lose some graphic effects (mouse pointer shining yellow go to blue, the weight mark overflow the edge >>> for me <<<), but the performance on the games are greatly improved. I think you need the nouveau or modesetting driver for run with a NVIDIA graphic card. I play using wine-staging-nine in a Arch Linux machine with a AMD card and the modesetting driver.

hope this help you, was the fastest thing could Search as I have no linux

yeah i found that and tried a couple of the things it said. im running ubuntu and used lutris to install. i tried his enviroment variables to no success in performance. thanks for trying though =)

Have you tested wine with gallium-nine patch? This convert the dx9 instructions directly. You’ll lose some graphic effects (mouse pointer shining yellow go to blue, the weight mark overflow the edge >>> for me <<<), but the performance on the games are greatly improved. I think you need the nouveau or modesetting driver for run with a NVIDIA graphic card. I play using wine-staging-nine in a Arch Linux machine with a AMD card and the modesetting driver.

i cant figure out how to get gallium-nine to work on lutris. from what ive read however since im using nvidia proprietary drivers im kinda up a creek on that one =/

Why not try the other drivers? Have you others issues in your system for use the proprietary driver? Modesetting is in a good shape right now. About Lutris, you can change the wine version in the config (I need search how do it, because I not use Lutris), you need only install the wine with the patch applied.

Why not try the other drivers? Have you others issues in your system for use the proprietary driver?

dxvk, which i use for other games, requires nvidia proprietary drivers sadly. times like this makes me want to get AMD next time.

Oh yes, I did not pay attention to the fact that this card supports DXVK. Well, you can customize the user.xml file that is in the release folder of the Tree of Savior, if it has not already done so, and reduce some effects that do not make so much difference in the graphic quality of the game. [1] [2]

And see in the guide [2] the paragraph that talks about running the game with the -dx11 parameter specified in the game settings on Steam. Assuming it works, since your card supports DXVK, it will make a considerable difference. Try and tell us the result: D

[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/7f2x3j/updated_guide_how_to_make_tos_client_more/

[2] [GUIDE] FPS Optimization for Dummies [V1.02]Ignore the title, please

just tried both and sadly neither made any difference. =/ still about 30-40fps in maps

Edit user.xml has the most difference , try getting bitperpixel to 16 instead of default 24

1 Like

Edit user.xml has the most difference , try getting bitperpixel to 16 instead of default 24

hey thanks. ill try that after maintenance

also on a side note, i noticed last night the quest markers above npc’s aren’t rendering. I didnt know that was a thing until i watched a video last night. anyone know what dll or whatever is needed for that to display properly?

Hey changing bitperpixel to 16 gave me about 10 more frames in town. Thanks for that. Still not perfect performance but better than what it was

i also found disabling glsl also gave a slight frame boost. almost there but not quite yet. getting about 45fps in channel 8 of klap

1 Like