Tree of Savior Forum

Any plans on fixing the current bugs/problems for swordman class?

This is just a rage/cry post about the current state of the swordman class, maybe this help some new players to don’t play swordman if they really want to enjoy the game.

• Deeds of valor not working well: You need to swap weapon to get the atk.speed bonus and sometimes it doens’t work.

• Atk.speed/number of hits based on ping, seriously what the fvck is this? if u have above 100 ping don’t even try to play doppel, u are going to get less autoattacks than a guy with 30ping for no reason, same for cyclone and other skills, more ping = less hits.

• Cyclone/Skyliner nerfed on iToS when in kToS they are not.

• kToS getting A LOT of buffs to the swordman class when we are getting 0 of this buffs, the class is in a BAD state right now.

• Forced to take Peltasta class or u can’t even party at higher levels, I can’t farm alone as barb/doppel and no one wants one when u can just get a elementalist or archer class to do better dps. Every time I tried to get a storage/truffles/whateverfarmingspot party the same sh1t happen: “sorry, no swordman class”.

• U can go full STR, full DEX, a mix of both… whatever u want, u are not going to do even 50% of the dps an archer or magician class can do, and the funny thing is u need to expose urself to do mediocre dps when archer and magician classes just sit spamming skills.

There is more but I guess u get the point, Swordman class right now is a sh1t if u are not a peltasta, and IMC is ignoring the issue.

And I’m sure u guys do the Siauliai dailies for example, what happen when u get 2-3 swordmans in the party? yeah, it takes forever to kill the 4 bosses.

Any plans on doing SOMETHING about this? what’s the point on leveling to 200+ when u can’t even get in a party because “u are a swordman class”? And no, rerolling is not the answer IF I WANT TO PLAY FVCKING SWORDMAN CLASS, but the game just says to me: NO, U CANT.

9 Likes

You must be asking the wrong parties… because you don’t need “Mad DEEPS” to farm truffles. -_-

Get rekt

/crimeariver

2 Likes

Thanks for ur useful contribution, u can rest for now. Do not force your brain to do things like thinking, he’s not used to do so.

5 Likes

Joined May 10th, has less than 50 hours in-game, nothing to counter the argument, telling people with over 150 hours to “cry him a river”…

4 Likes

I hate being in parties that don’t have at least 1 swordsman.

Your 1 taunt button makes you more valuable than any other class. Any damage you do is icing on the cake.

1 Like

U hate being in parties without PELTASTA, not swordman. If someone want to go DPS swordman and don’t take peltasta then what?

I’m forced to play a class I don’t want to and use my one-button character because that’s all I can do, if that seems fine to you okay, but it’s not fine for me.

3 Likes

DPS Swordsmen

Sounds like the same complaints I hear from other classes that don’t take ranks in useful things, and then complain that they aren’t useful.

I agree that taunt should be a swordsmen ability, but in the current meta you are basically shooting yourself in the foot and then coming to the forums and asking why you can’t walk correctly.

It’s definitely a balance issue. All classes should be equal for harmless variety and freedom to play what seems fun to you, but it’s not at all what we have now.

I’m not even at that point yet [level 178],but I feel for those having a hard time getting into parties. I hope things improve sooner rather than later.

6 Likes

For more info about this problem: *** Swordsman Classes Need to be Fixed *** [IMC, are you looking at this?]

Mopping here as well, didn’t picked PELLASTA cuz i thought WARCRY would do the same since its aggroing mob, but HELL why is it not even 30% radius of the PELLASTA taunt ? I’m not asking to have a taunt on it of course, but why so much of a difference for a skill that use the same mchanics ?

Now i’m just stuck with either reroll or pray to the even that something change…

You can’t expect someone picking the correct class at level 15 to be useful at level 240+, chances are they don’t, especially the correct choice is only 1/3 of the choices

Moreover, other trees can pick anything at rank 2 and be useful forever, unlike swordman

The fact that there’s a concept of picking the “correct” class is already unacceptable.

It just shows how messed up the game balance currently is towards swordsman.

3 Likes

To be honest, what he said is true.
At the late game when reaching 200+ u are pretty much useless to the party.
That is why i choose to go for corsair instead of other classes in swordsman class tree. Atleast with my faster attack speed (DWA) and my dex it helps me to kill fast and evade any incoming dmg.

Perhaps IMC can do something about this swordsman issue.

Thanks,

Swordsman definitely need some buffs.

But it’s also a mix of problems. Majority of the swordsman players don’t even know what half of their skills do. They also build their stats completely wrong, investing in almost no CON, but usually pumping full STR or DEX.

There is also this mentality where people believe they can be both the highest dps class and tankiest class in the game yet don’t understand the tankiest skills are on classes with no dps and the highest dps skills are on glass cannons.

You often see swordsman with around 12k HP in Lv200+ dungeons who are killed in about 2 secs.

Players use Cyclone then go herpderp this skill sucks!! When knocked down from it.

People also don’t use their skill rotations right. “Let’s spam our strongest AoE’s on 1 target!!” or “I’mma use cleave first then stun the enemy after!!” or “I’mma skyliner then crosscut for that bleed!!”

Peltasta is a good choice because you can be a complete fking idiot but hit swash buckling and it works wonders.

And I kid you not, this happens literally in almost every party I’m in. There are only maybe a few players who actually know what they’re doing.

Wow,really? I’m at 17k with at least 80 CON at level 178.I’m not having a super hard time or anything,but from what I’ve heard about 200+ content,I would think more is absolutely necessary.

Magic is basically what rapes every swordsman right up the ass. Most of the mobs will be hitting you for around 1-2k of magic damage per hit and magic doesn’t miss.

1 Like

And who can blame them? With their mediocre damage, it’s not wrong to want to do more. The game straight down rewards people that can dish out more DPS (world boss lol) and the first 200 levels say that you can tank just fine with any amount of CON (so much for a misleading giant tutorial)

Even I, who played iCBT2, doesn’t know anything about the hell after level 200 (since there was no level 200+ content back then). I was just happily go for sword 3 cata 3 and then realize I cannot proceed on content after that, both solo and party.

Heck, if you don’t pump stats into damage, you will live hell even from the start. I mean a level 50 full DEX swordman take like 2 minutes to kill a quest boss, while a level 50 full DEX archer takes like 2 seconds.

1 Like

This is sadly quite accurate.I wish we had better options to remedy this.

Its also not even a taunt.
It only aggros enemies who dont currently have aggro, but you cant take aggro off a party member with Warcry like you can with Swashbuckling