Tree of Savior Forum

Any news about DPK?

Yes, but its not individual, someone can catch the item first.

The time it takes you to understand something is appalingā€¦

Where in the announcement have they spoke about any individual dpk? Nowhere.
They spoke about probability system. Which sounds like RNG.
Currently we have a RNG+Map failsafe system.

Theonlything the DPK does is increase drop rate drastically when you enter the last map wide 100 kills on the DPK value.

Nothing stops you from dropping an item on each kills. You compete only for the map wide fail safe assured drop. And guess what. If you roll your 0.01% item, it resets that map wide counter. So a map could go for days without ever dropping a DPK item from the top down increaseā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, I personally like the current drop method exactly because of that. What I donā€™t like is the drop rates being stupidily low due to DPK parameters being set unrealistically high.

Letā€™s hope they implement this new pure RNG system with revised (and much much higher) drop rates.

So all items have a DPK and % drop rate? (Yellow karo shit, the swords, you know)

Yes. This is exactly how it works. But it is not really DPK. It is a top down drop rate.

So ā€œdpkā€ of 1000.
FIrst kill map wide have 1/1000
Second 1/999
Thrid 1/998
ā€¦
900th 1/100
950th 1 / 50
999th 1/2.

So the drop rate stays low until the last 100 kills.
At any moment if anyone drops an item it goes back to 1 / 1000

Jesus ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  christ they need to make it WAY easier then

what the hell

This current system is, on average, superior to pure RNG given similar very low drop rates. No matter how much peopel complain about the ā€œstealing DPK issueā€, if drop rates arenā€™t revised up, the change to pure RNG will just make it so noone else is able to steal the efforts of others, but drops in general will be that much rarer as wellā€¦

Once again, it all boils down to devs actually reducing the DPK parameter on current system or adopting higher constant drop rates in the pure RNG one. Otherwise, drop hell will just stay the same or worse.

1 Like

If the drop rates are too low this will be even worse. I donā€™t see how this a huge improvement, a huge improvement wouldā€™ve been keeping the same system we have now but reducing the numbers by 30 or 40%.

thatā€™s why Iā€™m whining preemptively :smiley:
If they implement 0.01% RNG it will be impossible to drop, unless you live in the game

Actually, from the looks of it, they are making drops a bit more common in HGs.

Theyā€™re implementing a kind of ā€œfragmentā€ for cubes where if you collect enough of them (8 I think?) you make a cube box.

relinking from another topic ^o.o^

1 Like

It is a kind of personnal DPK for cubes. You get those fragments and after a hile it gives you a cube. Feels much better than getting nothing for hours!

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.