Tree of Savior Forum

Any benefits of Linker C2?

Everyone seems to believe that Linker C2 is garbage and you only need C1.
I was in a dungeon with a Linker 2 Pyro 2 who was killing all the mobs before we could even get there. It seemed really strong to me, and took out everything.

Why does everyone hate Linker C2?
What are some benefits or great things about Linker C2?

The difference between linker1 and linker2:
-1 Linker1 can link a max of 6 monsters, linker2 a max of 8
-2 Hangman’s knot’s duration goes up from two seconds to three seconds.
-3 You gain Spiritual chain, allowing a rare few self buffs to be shared across the party.

Point 3 is the only reason to take a second circle of linker, and it recently got nerfed. it’s current list of shared stuff is:

Swordman: Gungho, Guardian, Restrain
Archer: Cloaking, Running Shot
Wizard: Quick Cast (not the damage part)
Cleric: Healing Factor, Beak Mask, Ein Sof

The only reason I think people thought it was garbage was that Joint Penatly was recently nerfed from 10 to 8 on C2. That’s pretty much all, but I think it’s great compared to C1.

2 Likes

It was always 5/8/10 or 6/8/11 (with Dandel Gem) for C1/C2/C3.

Is good, always depends on your build.

Don’t listen to anyone who says C2 is good… Please lol, you’ll hate yourself. C2 Linker is trash and will always be unless they change Spiritual Chain to include more buffs.

Dandel Gem with C1 = 6 links. 8 With C2, you invested one more circle for 2 more targets to be linked, yay? And with a gem you link a grand total of… still 8! Cause it scales by 1 per 2 levels. C1 and C3 are the only good circles in Linker, but C2-3 is too heavy to invest into, and will lead to an extremely boring style of gameplay, even for support lovers honestly(I’m one myself).

C1 is more than enough with a Dandel gem, even without you’re honestly fine. JP eventually becomes moot later on in the game where things are cleared in a general AOE.

TL;DR: Reason why C2 Linker sucks is because the C2 exclusive spell is absolutely trash, without specific classes in your party, it literally does nothing.

I’m currently a Linker C2 and so far I love it, especially when my Quarrel Shooter C3 friend shares his Running Shot with me. I have so much more fun than when I played as a Cryo C3, lol.

Note: He has a QS friend. If you don’t, chances are you will rarely find one in your party, and you spend most of your time passing meh buffs like Gungho, Guardian.

Linker c2 has great synergy and doesn’t get in the way with your more important classes later on.

being a linker c2…SUCKS! but im glad i went c2 instead of pyro 2 because pyros skills dont scale in the long run.

c3 linker is getting closer to garbage, as you will be sacrificing a vital class rank for extra JP and a kinda useless skill.

I think you meant C1 for your first sentence? C2 Linker has 0 benefits, you will feel like you are just a Joint Penalty bot and useless once it’s off CD. C3 will make you even more so, providing nothing to the team but maybe Gungho and Running Shot(if you’re lucky). And half uptime of Life Line, which TBH I doubt even makes that big of a difference lol…

My word of advice will always be skip C2 C3 Linker, literally worst mage classes in the game.

I did not mean c1 linker.

You dont have much to lose being a c2 linker compared to other builds up to rank4 and will prove to be far useful in later levels as well

Don’t agree, you can always progress into other classes, literally anything else would be better than what current C2 Linker offers. Thaumaturge, C2 of Pyro/Cryo are all more attractive and practical. The only reason you want C2 Linker is 5(6)->8 JP.

Perhaps, just perhaps, in the late game you can get Healing Factor from a Plague Doctor. But yet again that is another exclusive class just like Quarrel Shooter. There is just so much exclusive-ness to Spiritual Chain it doesn’t warrant a circle investment unless you wanna use it for Life Line.

the options are the ones you mentioned correct, but will be outclassed by stronger, more damaging classes later on. you are comparing a thauma class that can give you around 218 physical attack…big deal…and you’d be wasting ranks to go father into thauma…

link>thauma skills up to c2

linkerC2 is for people who choose to maximize rank5 classes

Planning builds for content higher than 280 is a dumb idea right now. 218 attack is almost as much as a level 220 weapon, and thauma2’s 450 is more than a level 280 two handed sword.

If you are sorc, go link2 and combo with summon familiar. If not, depend on your party or solo.

I like Linker c2 and c3
Your party will OP with PVE

Spiritual Chain is alright, but the three extra links on Joint Penalty can be thought of as adding three extra hits on every attack from everyone in your party. The truth is, even if Linker had no abilities except Joint Penalty, it’d still be a highly sought after class…

As a full support build, if you already went Linker1, then your only other option here is Thauma1 instead of Linker2. Thaum1 is good too, Swell Left Arm is an excellent buff; and Swell Body has utility in combination with Reincarnate if you’re planning on going Chrono.

These are my thoughts currently as a Cryo1/Linker2/Chrono

Also, everyone complaining about damage is being over-dramatic; I can still solo just fine. Archers will KS the ■■■■ out of you, but who doesn’t get KSed by them anyways? Just make sure you spend money on Enhance attributes for Energy Bolt/Ice Bolt/Ice Pike or your pyro skills if you went that route. Again, your damage per hit is pretty bad, sure, but linking 8 targets is technically increasing your damage by 8x depending on what attack you’re using…

1 Like

Hey, that’s exactly the path that I’m going! Currently at Linker C2 though. How is your stat build? At first I put a couple of points in INT but then changed to CON. However I feel kinda weird having 10k of HP.

Best duo ever. In my case, I’m the Quarrel Shooter while my friend is the Linker C2. We usually queue together and alot of ppl has been impressed with running shot getting shared via spiritual link.

We even had this PT where we all decided to just normal attack the boss to death. Tree of Auto-Attack, everyone nodded. We even agreed that we can just remove all other skill slots and put a tape on letter Z.

If I have a say on this thread, those who listened that Linker C2 is crap are the ones making the wrong decision. Once everyone is just aiming to clear Earth Tower, trust me, no one begs for a Linker C1, only Linker C2 and above.

3 Likes

I don’t remember exactly what my stats are atm, but it should be something like 40 con, 240 int, and 40 spr. I’m not planning on pvping so I’m only putting the bare minimum into con to survive pve (my rule of thumb is to have about 50x times my level in HP e.g. lvl 200 -> 10k hp). I want as much INT as possible so that my Slow reduces crit resist by a noticeable amount–also it really helps with soloing. The spirit is just so that I can regen a Joint Penalty’s worth of SP per tick, but it’s totally not necessary.

Anyways, don’t worry, full/heavy CON is perfectly fine for pvp; and for pve as a support you bring enough utility to the table that no one will notice that you’re missing 100-200 damage on your attacks. Solo-ing will be noticeably more painful though…in any case, you can’t have everything–you have to make sacrifices somewhere. Survivability at the sacrifice of damage and vice versa.

Oh, that reminds me, full CON Linker3’s are actually pretty popular in Korea right now, because with Umbilical Cord you can make an entire glass cannon party really tanky, which is very desirable in the higher floors of Earth Tower.

Pyro 2 seems to work fine for sorc build, only problem is Link 2 probably would be better but in my opinion I just think either one works depending on how you look at it from a PvE in solo/group perspective so I will agree. I went with Pyro 2 on my sorc and it works great just cuz u can combine linker with fire skills and the summons are great allies (Except for the shet AIs at C1 sorc lol) The fire summoning is great cuz u can buff its fire property as u have it out.