Tree of Savior Forum

Another Information Session with Papaya

The thing is, they don’t look at videos, and even if they do, they won’t go check for themselves.

Now that I got some answers from this thread I ask:

If they don’t have power, who the heck handle the bans?

I just got confirmation and the claims of Papaya are real, although, in today’s KR patching seem to be making changes to optimize like ours. (btw i will go change my own post up there for that part)

1 Like

Maybe Kim himself micromanages bans :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m unhappy with their current performance as well. Although I would like to point out, adding things like emotes and costumes are mostly an artists job, and if the artist is waiting for more content then they (she) has to do something. IMC’s revenue model partially relies on Costumes, I don’t blame them for that one unless it really is taking time away from the developers.

This is something I’ve brought up a few times to Papaya, it seems like one of the primary purposes of the CM is do exactly that.

I think this has to do with the authority they have.

That’s what these threads are for:

But it would be nice to get a dedicated section or some Staff discussion. They may be holding off waiting for a qualified CM.

I’m not sure what exactly their authority is.

You’re welcome, these aren’t prepared at all so a lot of them are just off the cuff from Papaya.

No bad guys here. :wink:

I think that’s exactly it.

Thanks for the confirmation, that’s what I saw and I thought I went crazy for a moment.

1 Like

They had one, not gonna name anyone here, but she was a hella good one.[quote=“Queue, post:27, topic:346371”]
Thanks for the confirmation, that’s what I saw and I thought I went crazy for a moment.
[/quote]

I just got another info, in the test server (KR) they are implementing more optimization methods, so we have to wait a few days or weeks for more good info on it.

4 Likes

RIP “J”

Yup! :slight_smile: They mentioned how the update we received was not everything they had been working on and Papaya helped to confirm it. The KTEST was a great idea.

-

ITEST when?

4 Likes

Proof what is proof? I see nothing - nananana. Nice joke indeed.

Sidenote: Of course still running 24/7 on 3ch and leeching up more for probably 6 channels botting. :smiley:

3 Likes

Its because people here on the forum dont know how to keep a discusion. Am I wrong? All the huehue toxic people come to the thread and change the conversation and subject completely. Thats why they dont follow a thread, because people cant keep on thread subject and not be toxic. Simple as that.

If i were a GM, why the hell would i have to go through 250+ messages when only 50 are talking about the subject and rest are just complaining without giving arguments and being toxic? I wouldnt do it. I would log in game (like they do) and stay on for a while and answer questions.

2 Likes

Isnt papaya some tasty fruit?

huehue

1 Like

I agree with you in a part, the HUE thing (including me too) started exactly because they don’t answer us, we have to guess what is what, even skill formulas we need to guess, we have to try and fix the game issues or by pass them ourselves.

Ticket responses are all the same copy and paste, as most of the answers in the forum by the staff are also copy and paste.

There is no excuse to both sides, but their side also is not in the right.

4 Likes

Ofcourse! But sincerely they are improving, trying to make stuff better and forum is just getting worse. Until people dont stop being dumbasses and huehue, im guessing they wont start answering properly in threads (because they have too much shyt to read when its not even helpfull, just toxic)

1 Like

If they remain quiet, things will only worse, if they take their time to honestly answer, and as i said, not all the threads, but the ones that we are having an actually discussion, you would be sure that things would be better by now.

3 Likes

For sure! I completely agree but still u cant deny theres too much toxic messages and huehue in EVERY thread. Its pointless to make a thread because they INSTANTLY join the thread and start being dumbasses. Its hard to work with people like that. I agree on their stupid automated replies, which is annoying but hopefully when they get a true manager for the forum, stuff will start getting personally replied (like the old old gm we had that was a GEM because she really cared, wont say the name, everybody knows who im talking about)

1 Like

Heyhey, be civil now. You dont own Tree of Forums!
You cant exclude people cause their ideology differs from yours.
huehue has become a sort of forum religion over time.

So… stop embarassing yourself!

3 Likes

I’m not denying anything, indeed some threads get hijacked by some people here, but IF a staff join the discussion, as long as the main topic is a serious one, and talk with us, I doubt that would last long, also, I would flag any crap that could disturb the discussion as I know many would do that too, we want to talk, we want some answers, we aren’t asking for their bank account or social security numbers.

I don’t see why they have to hide or avoid us.

6 Likes

Well as I said, as soon as they get a new manager for forum, threads and stuff will personally be replied (like the old days). Hopefully thats soon enough!

Will they get a manager just for the forums?
I thought that was the job for janitors and interns who dont even speak english…

huehue

3 Likes

Yas pls, do something about dpk. :pray:

1 Like

Nothing new here
/huechars

I agree, and from what Papaya said the GM’s have to “filter” a lot of what goes to the devs for precisely this reason, many of the suggestions offered as well are unhelpful due to this. Also when a GM responds the thread goes into overdrive and becomes a little hectic. Part of the fault is on IMC like @Nirimetus said, but breaking down discussion is never what should happen and derailing is against the forum rules. A good first step would be to start enforcing those rules, and once there is a precedent and players are punished for breaking the forum rules, the GM’s can begin to discuss. It’s how literally every other forum works so just take a system that already works.

The place to watch right now is KTEST. They’re experimenting with adjusting how DPK works.

1 Like

It seems the GMs are just CSR that don’t have much power to really help their customers. It’s like every decision they want to make needs to be approved by their manager.

IMO, the only reason they’re somewhat aware of what’s happening in the upcoming dev is because they’re also asked to do testing on them. But again this is limited and targeted content.

I’m disappointed the GMs don’t even have the power to ban someone right away and instead have to file/request approval for the ban.

I feel the management team needs to break out the shell and start communicating with the players directly. That’s the current trend in the gaming industry and it’s also working (look at OW, FF14, etc)

2 Likes