Tree of Savior Forum

Another Information Session with Papaya

The hero of Orsha, GM Papaya was at Fedimian and answered more questions. Some of what’s here has already been confirmed, and there were more broad answers, but we got some insight into IMC, as well as some information that may be deemed, “controversial.” :wink:

For previous Papaya information sessions:

• The developers, not just the GM’s, check the forums

• The devs are aware of the community’s discontent

• Optimisation and stability are still the primary focuses

• ITOS is ahead of KTOS in optimisation

• Content is released slowly because of problems optimising

• Old optimisation efforts that were attempted didn’t work as expected

• IMC is still addressing bugs and optimisation issues from early in development, which is one of the main causes of content slowdown

• Papaya doubts an attribute system rework

• IMC is continuing to look into botting issues

• GM’s are unable to address banning/reprimanding entirely on their own

• Next two months are focusing on bugfixes and optimisation

• Weekly Q&A was changed as a direct result of community feedback (It’s now the Blog like posts)

• They hope to continue them in the new format

• The botting problem is not as big as many think

• The high level botting is complicated though, it’s difficult for GM’s to have conclusive proof

• Steam’s numbers are correct (ie. Steamspy, Steamcharts, Steamdb)

• Many of the exploits players claim to exist, do not actually exist

• IMC would have rolled back the servers if many of them were actually true

• Confirmation of DPK

• Papaya does not like the DPK dropping system

• Papaya does not know why they chose it

• It has been discussed, and rebalance is possible

• Papaya wishes GM’s had more authority

• Papaya and Durian are IRL BFF’s <3

Thank you to Papaya for taking the time to answer questions. Please correct me if there are any misunderstandings or clarifications.

29 Likes

Thanks for the info…

I have seen first hand the bad side of more power, so am bias about it…

That’s what’s probably concerning management, but it’s clear their strategy isn’t as effective as it could be, they need to delegate.

1 Like

They already appear to be trying to make changes to it on the ktest server to make it seem less dpk like.

6 Likes

Very good point, let’s hope we can get some hard numbers about how the drop system has changed. (Other than the % increase they said.)

3 Likes

Thank you so much for providing us with any information you can get. :slight_smile:

I like that the GM’s are trying to be more transparent even if they can’t make any official statements about it.

You’re welcome. To me it shows their dedication to the players, Papaya took 45min answering questions.

I was pretty surprised when Papaya answered my questions on the playerbase size, and state of bots. I guess it was good news compared to what you hear around the forums though.

4 Likes

They are aware of discontent but willing to do nothing. OK

You of all people should know this Queue from our conversations in the other threads about average daily player logins. Most of those have to be bots and RMT not really actual players. There’s tons of them that come and go daily. It’s complete denial and the “maximum server capacity” thing shows it.

3 Likes

You bring this up a lot, and you never have anything more than anecdotes. I have the stats, and now the GM.

1 Like

And players have the “maximum capacity” error for weeks because bots and RMT flood the instance server. Whoopedy doo you and the GM need to bring antidotes to this poison and stop ignoring the community trying to dismiss us with our supposed “anecdotes” and negativity over problems. People can see it right in front of their faces. If the developers saw all these problems why don’t they fix it?

4 Likes

Wow thanks, I’m Shinji and was there.
Thanks for summarize it :wink:

This is all that matters.
DurianxPapaya OTP?

Finally a conclusive Q&A with things we want to hear.
Optimisation is what the game needs, balance is secondary and new content basically tertiary in terms of game improvement.

They seem to have understood that the game needs to run smoother without bugs, and that the current issues with FPS drops are damaging the game way more than any dismay caused by Classes,skills,etc. as they can be avoided to some extent by the players choices.

Botting issues are basically non-existent on Fedimian, as I didn’t encounter any high numbers of disturbing bots aside from autospamming RMT bots in Klaipeda and Orsha.

Two months of waiting is nothing compared to the nearly 1 year of issues with recurrent bugs and FPS issues, and even if it just gives us 10-20% more efficiency, it would be a great improvement, as the last patches did really improve the gameplay by alot (less stuttering in cities, less stuttering during boss fights, less FPS drops in dire situations aside from event dungeons e.g.).

That’s for my experience on Fedimian only, since I don’t play elsewhere I can’t say how it’s going on the other servers and how much of an impact the patches had there.
I’m not appeased by this (as the other Q&A session enraged me quite a bit), but it’s still better than what was discussed previously, and I hope the game got better once we hit April.

That is just is bad logic. Also, anecdote =/= antidote

4 Likes

No, the cancer of the game is the fact that 2 in 3 people now run an afk necro, sorc, or warlock and just use macro’d auto pots, and IMC is continuing to endorse the behavior by adding additional channels to maps such as Dina Bee Farm.

4 Likes

This is a blatent lie, myself and 100s of others of players watched guilds infintely re-roll world boss cubes for over a week to dupe 100s of windrunner recipes and other high end drops along with creating countless +30 weapons all via the druid transform channel crash, IMC did no rollback and it was REAL, not a conspiracy theory.

OR the weeds event, when people got millions of exploited gem abrasives, once again NO rollback.

IMC is lying or just plain retarded, either way its bad for us.

7 Likes

I know that and not even mad about the GM thing. What I’m really pissed off is about the developers who don’t develop solutions and only more problems. There’s nothing anecdotal about tons of threads and complaints about real tangible things you can see reported on the forums. They would love for people to believe bots and RMT are fairy tales but I’m sure if you seriously wanted to you could order billions of silver from those websites. Guess that’s just a conspiracy though and not as bad as players think it to be. Just like people getting away with exploits every time someone figures one out.

My biggest problem has always been with these developers who don’t develop solutions and more problems. Like yo dawg I heard you like problems so we developed a problem so you can have a problem while you’ve got problems. And sorry English player you got to give us hard proof and solid evidence that the problem is real in a well written format. It’s like some kind of insurance or warranty scam where something breaks they make you jump through the biggest hoops ever to make that claim and finally get reimbursement.

OH LOOK THERE’S A PROBLEM ENGLISH SAVIOR PLEASE FIX IT YOURSELF

6 Likes

The channel crash also allowed silver dupe from team storage, IMC did not rollback but Nexon did it for JTOS.

Even before that there was already the party size exploit which allowed huge parties to be formed for extra world boss loot, IMC did nothing.

Also the payment exploit which flooded the early access market with tokens, IMC didn’t roll back either.

Meh this particular point seems to be just PR speak. The rest should be truthful though

5 Likes

You just don’t have evidence. What you’re saying would make TOS have one of the biggest botting epidemics of all time, that’s just not the case. There are bots of course, but not as many as you think. Player trends, player count, all of it supports that TOS doesn’t have it on the level you’re suggesting.

Hey!

If you think I missed something let me know.

Maggi should make some art for Valentines day.

Yup. It seems that a lot of their focus is on that, I guess that’s the reason for slow changes. I hope their Staff hiring will allow them to produce more actual content though.

That’s my experience as well, some maps before they’re cleared out or whatever are bad, but it’s less than is commonly said here. Still a problem of course though.

There was a lot of potential in the optimisation update, it should have happened much sooner, but at least we know they’re taking steps. The progress is still quite slow, but if I have to, I’ll wait.

That’s definitely one of the biggest problems. Papaya did not shy away from that at all. IMC should release some of the restraints and let the GM’s get to work.

Papaya did not state which ones were being referred to, I saw many of those as well and I know they happened, so don’t blame Papaya, no specifics were said. (Maybe I should make a point to clarify that.)

So I can’t go right now to an RMT website and order a billion silver? And if I did, do you personally think I would be caught and banned? This a pretty serious question right now because I’m actually pretty confident that yes I could and no I would not get banned. Then the next question comes how do you think they made all that silver?

5 Likes