Tree of Savior Forum

Animus vs Max Petamion?

Which is which and why?

Depends on your build. Max Petamion raises everything, including your health, your SP pool, your evasion, your accuracy, etc. etc. by what’s effectively 14 level-ups’ worth.

I suppose how good Animus is depends on your HP recovery. You get +33 magic attack on top of it. I imagine Animus would be great for someone who stacks HP Recovery on items and accessories (which is considered a trash enchant for some people, making it cheap). It might even allow a build that focuses on or at least allows more CON, seeing as HP recovery = Level * 0.5 + CON.

I’m not a number cruncher so I can’t really help with the calculations, but I’m sure someone will eventually have fun working this out. That’s some stuff worth thinking about though :slight_smile:

1 Like

if you do that math…
Lets say you hit 300 int. 8 int petamion would equate to 12 magic attack with 680 hp.

300 con (28,050 hp) equates to about 375 hp recovery(at around lvl 150). 40% of that is 150 amp damage. additional 33 magic attack is equivalent to about 28 int. no more hp recovery
you choose which is better. If you decide to go full con, perhaps you can benefit adding extra random 1-150 damage.

So it just depends: what is your current build? if you are pure con, you would benfefit from the animus. However, if you are just a hybrid of the two, pentamion is going to be the best bet. Keep in mind you can save your petamion for max petamion which grants +14 to all stats

I’m using Max Petamion.

1 Like

Animus if you have enough CON, Max Pentamion if you don’t, you can just take Animus when you need to bonfire. As to what’s enough, it’s actually up to you, the calculation is simple, every 1 CON will add 0,4 m.amp, which is around 0,2 matq, plus 33 matq flat, so mostly, for damage animus will be better and for general purposes, max pentamion will be better.

I’m going for 3:2 INT:CON and want to get animus, not max pentamion.

Wait doesn’t animus reduces hp recovery to 0?

Yes, if it’s equiped, you take it off for bonfires, for anything else you have potions and heals, hp recovery even at bonfires is not effective actualy.

Oh Isn’t it something like you need to actually build hp recovery items in order to make the most out of it? Since it will drop all the hp recovery that you got from raw CON.

I don’t have the item so I can’t confirm it, from what I understando it uses all your hp regen for 40% magic amplification and makes it stop working, but I think it still benefits from those points coming from CON and Levels.

I hope someone who has the item can confirm it to us.

If that is so, with 200 CON at level 280 you’d already have 340 hp regen, also hp regen headgears are sort of cheap.

1 Like

Alright I’ll confirm it first later. Thanks for your insights

animus isn’t worth it unless you get healing from another source.
mamp is too random to let you oneshot anything.

@Sorcerebro

I understand that, my question regarding this topic is:

Does Animus use all your HP regen or only the regen that comes from equips? I mean, is the level and CON part of HP regen used on the M.Amp calculation?

I think it’s talking about your BASE hp recovery that is being removed which is LVL x .5 or half your level.

Ur hp regen will be set to 0. All of your hp regen will turn into 0.4 MA.

When u are at lvl 200, and u r putting 150 con into ur build. The total hp regen is around 300. Using animus will grant you 120 MA, 32 MATK.

So the Animus actually does scale with your CON then? As in the higher the CON the biggest the amp will be?

Seems like it, since every con gives you 2 hp regen, thats +0.8amplification/con

Animus is huge items for INT-based with huge HP regeneration build like Krivis/Paladin.

Wizard also get a decent bonus DPS off Animus’ magic amplification as well, but not as huge as Krivis/Paladin.

Krivis Paladin [Non-280 Gears]
Level - 218
Damage - 4k-4.6k Zaibas damage

Krivis Druid [Almost fully geared]
Level - 280
Damage - 5k Zaibas
Krivis Druid Gears

You can easily gain 318 Magic Amplification with Animus build with Aukuras + Restoration [with attributes] + Level 280 based regeneration alone.

If you were compared the difference between Animus and Max Petamion for Wizard. You are more likely benefit more from Animus itself due high magic attack and bonus magic amplification from [Based Level regeneration] + [several item bonus].

Does Animus scale off items tho?? I know it doesnt work with HP Recov on headpieces and according to some redditers it only works with your CON and HP Recov from skills like those of Pally etc

Nope, Animus only scaled off from CON stats and HP Regeneration (Based and Skills). Also, it pointless to stack out HP Recovery potentials because you’ll get more DPS alone with Magic Attack stats or INT instead.

Animus’ passive only act like a sub-DPS for certain classes, but if you are looking for a high-trade DPS item… this is the way to go.

Don’t forget about Thaumaturge Transport as well, pure CON wizard has like 519 HP Recovery (Based Level Con: 1 INT build) and get huge advantage in PvP with high HP and average magic damage.

I m thinking to get Animus for my Wiz>Thauma>RuneCaster Pure INT.
I want to see the power effect from Powerstaff and Animus.
Thauma can switch all the int into CON. while in Giant mode, I have more HP than any tanker can get. I’m pretty sure animus will benefit my auto atk aswell.
One thing I want to know, does magic amplification increase normal atk dmg? or it just for spells?