Tree of Savior Forum

Animus vs Max Petamion?

I never seen an auto attack build with Powerstaff before, but as far as we know about magic amplification. It adds max magic damage range onto your original magic damage.

So magic amplification effect both spell and auto attack (Only if the auto attack is scaled off magic attack from using Powerstaff).

Additionally, Powerstaffs doesn’t make your attack purely magic, but instead, it adding magic attack property onto your based damage property itself. Think of sacrament as an example.

Meaning, you still require some DEX or any form of accuracy to land your attacks as well.

To be more accurate. Here is similar statement from a person name Evochron13

Lethargy: Additional damage affects all “Strike” classified damage so if you’re using the melee attack (default C) for Power Staff yes it would effect it.

Thaumaturge’s Swell Left Arm increases both attack and magic attack with Power Staff you would get double dipping from it.

The staff states “Staff attacks (C Key) increases damage equal to 200% of your magic attack” in crazy backwards translation land, it means your auto attacks physical attack gets additional damage equal to 200% of your MATK. HOWEVER, your staff attack is a melee attack and susceptible to block and dodge. Meaning you’ll need some form of accuracy or DEX to do so. I am not 100% sure how accurate you will be with base DEX and base SPR levels.

Personally I plan to be running/testing a Wiz1Pyro3Thauma3 focusing on auto attacks and stat pumping CON so that Thauma 3’s Swell Brain and then Transpose will give me INT = CON and CON = 149 which is what Swell Brain’s INT at capped attribute and rank would be. This would be a non powerstaff based build.

Equipment stas are Flat and do not gain bonuses from rank. So you get 14 Magic Attack, 14 crit ressit, 14 HP/SP regen, etc.

I know about the powerstaff part.
What I mean is the C normal atk from powerstaff.
The more magic atk i have from Thauma buffs(including Int buff),
It will increase more physical atk to C normal atk.
Why its physical? because Staff C atk will always be physical no matter what. Power staff in other hand, it add more physical dmg based on 200% of my magic atk.
At the end, I have more physical dmg when hitting with C.
The interesting part is, i have extra more physical dmg from my thauma buffs aswell.
In a full theory, Powerstaff utilizing my whole buffs from thauma.

About the accuracy part. Thauma also have Swell arm attribute, if I wear staff (means no dagger or shield) when using the buff, I will get accuracy and evasion instead of bonus dmg. thats mean, I dont need any dex.
Plus powerstaff also grant me accuracy.
Honestly speaking, I think developer make Power Staff specially for Thauma.

Moving to Animus and magic amplification part.
Is that mean, if i have 50 magic amplification, my C atk is 500, I have 550 c atk at the end? Because I want to utilize full Con from transpose while using giant rune, having huge health boost while having great dmg.

his idea abit flaw tho about the class part.
To me, having wiz 3 more reasonable, because i have that 50% magic atk bonus. Means, more C atk for my power staff. I never need dex anyway, attribute from thauma already adjust it.

Animus takes gear into account at the moment of equipping the item. This means you essentially snapshot what you’re wearing. It becomes very effective with certain gear and grants a 99 con/500 int wiz build around 250 * 0.4 = 100 / 2 +33 magic attack (83). This is essentially a better magic damage boost than pentamion if you can afford to give up the 14 con it provides.

With a full hp recovery setup on a wizard with 99 con/500 int 250 hp recovery base you can expect to get around 500 HP recovery without lolopanther. Essentially a 133 matt boost. The upside to this necklace is that it will only get stronger the higher level you are - but you won’t recieve very much healing at all from non-cleric sources.

A full con wizard i.e. linkers/chronos would gain about 550 hp recovery naturally, with 250 from gear, so around 800 * 0.4 / 2 + 33 matt (193). Mind you this gives you a very large damage range compared to other people and doesn’t stack well for spells like meteor which are % based.

Overall more dps = animus
Better survivability, consistency = max pentamion

For a dps wizard it’s pretty worth it but for a full con wizard it is almost essential. It definetly feels worth it, once you have it. It’s often also much easier to make than a pentamion.

No, it doesn’t work like that. The magic amplification will add magic damage to max damage range.

Let say you have 100 physical damage and 500-500 magic attack with 50 magic amplification. That magic amplification will extend your max magic damage and giving you a higher magic damage cap of 500-550.

The magic attack property with magic amplification will choose a number between those range (500-550) and add-on onto your normal attack (100-100) with Power staff. (200% magic damage add onto your normal attack).

###Non-scaled Magic Amplification
(100-100 Physical Attack) + 200% (500-500 Magic Attack) vs (No Armor/Resistance) = 1100 Damage

###Scaled Magic Amplification
(100-100 Physical Attack) + 200% (500-550 Magic Attack) vs (No Armor/Resistance) = RNG between 500-550 = 1100-1250 Damage

You’re quite on track with your calculation, but this is how magic amplification work with powerstaff.

From his respective, he’s planning to run 100 DEX Core (WIth Priest Monstrance buff) + (Aias) against Wizard/Cleric match up and Staff Only against Shinobi, Paladin, Monk, and Scout/Snapper.

Thanks. That’s really helpful calculation. I will update when I got my Thauma 3 and Runecaster with animus and power staff.
Soon. :smiley:

Imo it’s go for Max petamion of you’rea summoner class, since the summons dmg scales from int. For the others go for animus if you just need magic attack OR have a very high hp regen to make even the boosted int for summons negligible compared to what you gain from skill dps.

With a wiz3linker lvl 124 I have already enough base hp regen to overdmg a max petamion if I could equip them, but max petamion also bring other stats, so it’s a matter of preference between pure dmg and a more versatile item.

That said on the long run animus will probably be better as hp regen will keep increasing with levels. But at that point we could also have a better necklace to use, lol

It’s just wrong.

I revive this topic because not many are talking about Animus.
I test myself this evening because it’s impossible to get any good reliable information on ToS. Between official forum and Reddit we are well deserved (I don’t even talk about developpers or staff, it’s even worse)

So : at the moment you equip Animus, it’s snapshot your current “HP Regen - 5” (I guess the 5 is base HP regen and can’t go under) and transform 40% of it in Magic Amplification. And of course, your HP Regen will be down to 5.

It’s work with CON on your gear, HP Regen on stuff, buff, whatever… I haven’t found something not working (sometimes rounded are weird).
So you can have a full HP Regen / CON stuff and snapshot Animus for a good magic amp bonus.

BUT, and yes a big BUT, because this game is coded by children trainee directly out of primary school, when you change map or dc/rc, it will refresh magic amp value with your current gear. 'cause, yeah, everything is reloaded at every f***ing action you do ingame. No wonder why the game is so fluid if everything is done like that.

They should correct the tooltip on the necklace :slight_smile: