Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

Do you think Kabbalist would be a reasonable replacement for miko on the int inquisitor build. From a pvp perspective.

Definitely: I mean Gohei, Clap and Dance is pretty fancy but Infinite HP boost and R7F is nothing to joke about. And look at the Evangelion reference you can ride on

1 Like

i am a cleric2>priest>paladin3>miko>inquisitor (currently rank 7) with around 80 con and rest STR

im level 250, any gear reccomendations? my damage seems a little low and my blessing only adds 200 damage.

Your blessing only adds 200 because you’re only Priest C1 and you don’t have any SPR, which Blessing benefits greatly from, still wouldn’t recommend to add SPR to make it scale better.

However you could get some to help you with the high mana cost of Paladin/Inquisitor skills (aka God Smash, Conviction and Smite) which in the end would help you scale Blessing a little bit more but not that much anyway.

Remember to use Conviction and then Smite/God Smash (once you get to R8), Conviction makes your Smite/God Smash hit harder.

As for gear suggestions, this is the gear I was using when I was testing the Paladin:

Weapon: Valia
Shield: Didel’s Tower
Set: Grynas

Alternatively you could use Roxona Set since it’s cheaper, remember that now the most important part of your gear is the Weapon, so I’d suggest getting that first (add some lvl 5/6 roasted red gems to the weapon if you can too).

1 Like

As long as IMC doesn’t suddenly nerf R7folding napkins of instant death with the pvp rebalance, then yes it’s a fine option.

Ein Sof is just icing on the cake for pvp as well.

But In pve Ein Sof/R7 tend to be mostly unneeded luxuries. Though Merkabah helps fill out the dmg gap a bit.

@BeMagnificentt

In order of Priority:

• Pajoritas Sword, it’s the best phys dmg option for 220 till 315. Try to buy it off mm or farm for it in the 240 HG’s. Enhance it to +5-+10 asap.
    If you can’t do either then buy the highest budget dmg sword/hammer you can afford off MM (if it has 550+ base dmg) and enchant it to +5.

• Agni Necklace, it’s a nice +120 fire property damage and the best amulet dmg wise. (loses out on a chunk of mdef however) Well suited for your conviction dmg bonus to boot. Farm the 110 dungeon boss cubes for the recipe.

• Try to get a cheap + property atk dagger. I can confirm that arde/small crystaris still work properly.

• EDIT: Ignore the elemental property armor equips for now, majority seem to be bugged and do not work. Try enchanted head gear instead to get Earth, Ice, Lightning and Poison property attack.

• Armors of worth can be found in the HG’s atr lvl 230 and 240, Suurit Plate is especially nice imo, but the cloth armors are also worth it to offset your mdef loss and add to your barrier mdef scaling.

And buy blessing/sacrament of pardoners as often as possible, if it isn’t to much of a cost for you yet ofc. It helps quite a bit more than using your own.

That’s all I can think off for now.

2 Likes

Ledas is bugged if you check your bonus added dmg when equiped u’ll see no bonus on frost and if tested you won’t be getting any dmg out from it :frowning:

Same as the war mage boots and so many other elemental dmg added items.

1 Like

How long has this been going on? And which ones specifically?

Both War Mage Boots and Roxona Gloves didn’t work for me.
But Ravinepede boots did, so did arde dagger / small crystaris.

Don’t have the others and they aren’t on the MM atm to test either.

Thanks for the answer! After all this feedback i think i might go Int/Spr instead. After reading your posts i tought about going Cleric>X>X>Sadhu2>Druid3 (Druid3 is a must for me right now) and if nothing synergizes with this build at R9 i can get Sadhu again. But now i have more questions hehe! Could you help me?

1- Lycantrophy scales with Int and Str? If the answer is yes, does it benefits more from one of those or its the same for both Stats?
2- How OoB works exactly? How Lycantrophy can benefit from it?
3- Someone told me you cant regen SP while at OoB, wouldnt that be bad to a lycantrophy build? If so, what should i do about my mana (pots, invest on Spr, etc.)?
4- For the missing ranks, should i go Priest2, Cleric3 or Cleric2/Diev? Why? ( I really dont like Diev playstyle by the way)

1. Scales equally of both matk and patk.
    Str gives the same amount of dmg for lycanthropy but also gives a small amount of accuracy.
    Int adds the same dmg to Lycanthropy but also adds damage to all other magic skills. (Heal, Cure, Carnivory + whatever else you picked.)
    Ergo int is usually preferred.

2. Creates a spirit in front of you that you move instead of your main body. More importantly, it allows you to attack while being able to cast skills at the same time. (aside of channeled skills)
    Lycanthropy simply deals damage through skills, so it can also auto attack with OoB at the same time.

3. They’re wrong, the only downsides to OoB are:

• Your body is immobile, and you need to exit OoB in one way or another to move again.
  • You have 0 physical defense while OoB is active.
  • OoB is considered a seperate entity that snapshots your stats at time of creation, it does not benefit from most buffs.
  • Its damage is rather low.
  • It ends on you getting knocked back as well.

There are no hp/sp regen penalties for OoB.

Priest2 won’t have enough healing imo, Druids3 spend more time healing themselves as Hengestone’s +100% health buff does not heal you up to the new max value.
Cleric3 is alright, but the 3rd rank is better suited for priest or dievirby1 imo.

As a Cleric C2 > Chaplain > PD2 full SPR, should I aim to get the highest amount possible of SPR on all my gear?

I’m clueless when it comes down to gear hehe.

Yep, and ideally on higher def/atk equips as well.

As usual always cross reference with:

Keep in mind items that some items are not available, like Atilla. They might drop of GM events in usual IMC fashion but otherwise, I can’t find a way to get them.

Anyway for a spr build you should keep a eye out for these items:

Weapons:

The lvl 120 Krendal Mace can basically last till lvl 315, it’s will only lose out to Reine mace if the latter is enhanced.
At 315 your ideal option would be skull smasher, and the late game goal of Solmiki Mace.

(Solmiki Rod is also nice as it has higher spr, but it has less additional holy dmg and no physical dmg. As such it’s bad to use if you have inquisitor, but a rod + dagger can be a decent option for spr priests that pick a different class.)

And this is also with the caveat that as far as I know neither Atilla or Vieretta Mace drop yet for us.

Offhand:

If you use a hammer:
A lionhead dagger would likely be ideal, otherwise just grab the best + property damage dagger you can find. (The property atk shields seem to be bugged atm so…)
Or you could opt for a high + con shield, but considering you can get bonus con from enchanters already it’s I think more of a pvp only option.

if you use a solmiki rod:
Just go for the highest atk dagger you can get, like a Solmiki, Blood Stealer or Pevordimas.

Bracelet:
Get a nice amount of con bracy, the +90 spr ones are really nice but they expire in a few days so who cares.

Amulet:
Max Petamion ideally. Agny should be better when solo if it works properly atm.

Top:
Vienti Oksinis Robe would be ideal, but you could also grab a nice plate chest for the defense & plate set combo if you wanted to.

Bottom:
Suurit Plate Pants, 30 spr is quite good tbh. But like before you can opt for a higher defense piece instead if you so desire.

Gloves:
Suurit Plate Gauntlets and Valtas Gloves add 15 spr, or simply choose a high defense glove instead.

Boots:
War Mage Boots offer the highest spr and are easy to get, Solmiki boots give a bit less spr but far more armor. Or just grab something a high def plate boots for the defense and plate combo.

That should be it for now.

2 Likes

Okay thanks a lot, guess I’ll need to start farming HG haha

I noticed it like 3 weeks ago, that Ledas was not working, that war mage boots weren’t either, roxona gloves either?? and i think i also saw the shade gloves on a reddit forum post from someone telling they didn’t either for him (never had ones to test myself)

1 Like

Hey! Awesome guide.
How indispensable is debuff clearing/preventing for a Healer at Higher ET levels?
I was SUPER intrested in a C2>Something>Druid2>Taoist Build but I feel like I’m losing too much not getting PD/Miko/Oracle.
thanks in advance!
edit: I like being a main support with some nice damage, and, although not necessary, I like casting things from afar. what builds can you recommend me?(please avoid full AA builds since I like casting stuff. AA is appreciated but i don’t feel very good when my only real source of damage are AAs)
edit2: Also, how is Taoist on a Full SPR(or maybe something like 200 SPR rest INT/CON) Priest 3>Druid2 build?

Next to 0 for all of PvE tbh.
Not that it isn’t useful, but that you can use dispeller and miko scrolls to prevent all r1/r2 conditions without fail.

r3 conditions are simply too rare, and only pd can counter them atm anyway.
Still having condi prevention does save silver for the group, which is always nice.

Clerics have a rather major downside, most of their skills are melee or slightly above melee range.

• A pd2 build can get decent range due to pandemic, but you’ll still need one nearby ish enemy first.
  • A druid2 with Carni/Transform like Goblin Wizard has medium is range on carni/PoA.
    But since you’ll get Sterea Trofh you can ignore dmg quite often by standing inside the Carni AoE…
  • A OoB build has really good range, but basically no damage.

I’d say try a pd2 or druid2 build, they’ll be as close as you can get. But it still won’t really be a proper long range caster.

Taoist has nothing that scales with spr either. You’ll just want enough spr to not spam potions too much. Rest is in int or con depending on build.

Wurmheart, which miko build would you consider a good option for ET content?

1 Like

Which is the better purple practo weapon for int sadhu3 pd2 build the mace or the rod?

Imo:

An Spr based cleric2/priest3/chaplain/miko/inquisitor, or one that has taoist as it’s r8 for more of a support focus. Ideal with an auto atk / melee oriented team. But works fine for any set up.

An Int based cleric2/priest/Sadhu3/Miko/Taoist, lacks defenses in comparison but help with cc and dmg/stat boosts. Ideal with a wizard/linker in the party.

@EinZweiDrei:

Vienarazis Mace should always deal slightly more dmg due to its higher int stat and + min/max atk.

Windia Rod is really close however, even at stage +10 it deals roughly 80 dmg less or so. But it’s +60 spr is kind of useful sp wise.

I’d go for the Viena tbh.

2 Likes

thanks for the reply :slight_smile: I imagine that the chap/miko/inq must keep up every priest/chap buff and can’t work with just Blessing (I find tiring to refresh a lot of buffs every 3 minutes), right?
Best weapon would Viena/Skull over Windia/Heart?

Keep blessing/sacrament/last rites up, and aspergillum only if you also start to auto mobs.

Bring Daino scrolls ofc.

Highest spr is ideal, so skull smasher is your best option prior to a solmiki mace or rod. see post 172 up above as well.