Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

Typically you’d either want diev1 or krivis3 for zealot to get the most out of fanaticsm+Fanatic Illusion.

If you go the diev1 route, you do need to spam the laima tree for the cd. That’s kind of the point, if you can’t stomach that then look at a different build.

Skill distribution is but an example, but Sanctuary does work on any hits from ongoing effects like fanatic illusion/immolation making it a good option. But 2hand + demo is fine as well.

Resist Elements is crap imo, to much downtime on it.
Turn Undead’s conversion chance is equal to its skill level, so you need it a high lvl if you want to convert mobs.

full str literally, never put dex on paladin. Get con/spr to your liking, but you can get those solely from gear if you’d want to.

And keep in mind it’s not a top of the line build, but still the recommended path to mix paladin3 and zealot2.

@yodish92

Not outdated, just not that popular. But plenty viable.

However Krivis3+monk3 is one of the builds I don’t recommend since monk2-3 only offers a minor dmg increase (and not even being the best dps choice) and almost nothing else.

And as far as I know Daino’s atk speed and conversion only affect regular attacks.

1 Like

whats the best dps choice for phys clerics then?
as far as i know its the build that became meta in Ktos since it is the top dps build for phys clerics

I just used the free reset to rebuild my physical Cleric into a Cleric1 -> Kriv3 -> Monk -> Druid2 -> Zealot2. It pumps out a lot of damage but it guzzles SP.

Cleric2/Krivis3/Monk1/x/Zealot2 builds typically:

Divine might is superb since it adds:

• +20% buff duration via melstis. (mostly for Fanaticsm/Fanatic Illusion)
  • +5% dmg via fanaticism.
  • +41% skill factor on fanatic illusion.

The r8 is a bit trickier, since miko and kabba win out in different scenario’s and both rely on being able to apply their debuffs.

Miko’s Kagura adds +60% holy dmg from all melee dmg sources, but it is a easily interrupted channel so typically requires teamwork to get proper use out of it. (Might be remembering this incorrectly, will test later.)

Kabba1’s benefit is indirect since Ein Sof’s sp restoration is used to enable Blind Faith spam for the 10s of +50% crit dmg debuff. (procs per bf hit btw, but that doesn’t help much if you have monk1)
But the crit dmg debuff is universal and will work for competing dps teams as well.

In comparison Monk2-3 are mostly for the +7.1% skill factor on double punch per level. (so +35.5% x 2 hits per rank) Bit more lenience on debuff time and Energy Blast.

And in general I have no idea what’s the driving point behind the ktos meta tbh.
But I can assure you they don’t actually test their meta that much.

1 Like

diev 1 trumps both of them for damage imo

plop down CD statue cast fanatic illusion + melstis
95-99% uptime on fanatic illusion achieved

dont think divine might can trump more levels in double punch, monk has higher damage potential because you dont need to stop and cast for the extra buffs, and your party can scale up your attack speed to some crazy levels, the reason monk3 is favored is because it can dps freely, any other choice requires downtime from dpsing, the supports in the party cover that for you so you can continue to whale away on the boss endlessly, its meta for a reason.

I’d wish…

Melstis extends the duration to 30s for every second cast while Laima reduces the 30s cd into a 24s one.

Iirc, it was from a 75% upkeep to 78.5% at best if you added diev1. I did calculate it somewhere above anyway.

And I’ve already said enough about the rest, I can’t be arsed to go further.

EDIT:
@Alyu_aint_short:
Thanks, I may be remembering kagura incorrectly. I’d test it but I’m trying to get freebie resets from the 30 day absence thing :stuck_out_tongue:

Wurmheart, Kagura affects non-party members as well as far as they receive the Kagura buff.

1 Like

lol, dont forget lamia reduces the cd of melstis itself

from 60 to 48s, lamia has a cd of 47 seconds so it all syncs up

the fanatic illusion > melstis combo gives a 25-30s fanatic illusion, it will come of cooldown for another 15s of fanatic illusion totaling 45-42 seconds

a couple of seconds later statue and melstis are both up to repeat the cycle.

Slightly to perfect scenario, but you get the gist:

15s fa+fi + melstis = 30s with 30s cd.
15s fa+fi with laima = 24s cd on both.

45/54s cd = 83% upkeep.

The cd on fa/fi is the main issue, melstis’s cd isn’t an issue.

oh i c
too tunneled on the initial combo lol

Meltis have a cap to add at most 20 seconds. Also, in ktos they already removed the Meltis effect on revive skill (not sure if any other skill as well).

About stats, are you guys thinking full Dex right?

Does any one have this build and could share a video?

It was a few months ago, i’m much stronger now, but i think it’s enough to show the build in action.

Thank you @wonderlland . As you already made c1k3monk3z2 , have you also tried the other variant that people are mentioning here? An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

Yes, i did it when Zealot released in Ktest server(after it skills was nerfed/changed) and i felt more sweet and powerful to play with that build. Everyone are doing good reviews on the ideal build for Zealot, however when used in practice the build that really gets better, from what I tested and I think it gets better, is this Cleric c1, Krivis c3, Monk c3, Zealot c2.

With Monk c3, your damage is very high full time and this montage makes Zealot buffs 75% uptime, which increase your Double Punch damage even more then it already is.

hey guys i am gonna try a new cleric and was wondering if it was good for me to pick monk c3 if my ping is between 0.171273 and 0.223185?

450~500 DEX is enough for iToS ping.
Welcome to Monk side of the force. :vulcan_salute:

dont pick it, under 0.1 or it will feel ■■■■
your cap would be like 100 dex, any more wont speed you up with that ping

latency to the servers isn’t the same across all regions, some have it real bad, and some dont.
that amount of dex is for people near the servers, under 0.05 ping

Any combination of str/dex is viable tbh, even spr can work if you adjust said build slightly. (zalciai ofc)

That being said, Dex has the obvious caveat of needing a proper crit rate and high base patk to be at it’s best. Which is not that hard atm, but still means it’s less budget friendly.
There is a sweet spot for dex’s atk speed as well, as it’s diminishing in nature. But its performance depends on your latency so that differs for people quite a bit.

Str is the simple and safe option, should still rival dex in terms of pure dmg if not outperform it. (Didn’t verify with the newest weapons tbh, but the crit atk vs patk didn’t change.)

Keep in mind you always want to get as much dex on armor either way, which makes the difference less important.

And If you want to pvp you’ll need to consider accuracy, block rate etc foremost. Depends more on the current PvP meta tbh and I’m no expert on that part.

tl/dr:

For PvE I technically would usually just advise full str, since you can’t really go wrong with that.
Str+Dex is quite nice too, and a bit more defensive.
Full Dex is a bit too situational for my liking, but as long as you ensure you meet the criteria you’ll do fine with it. (low latency, high crit rate & high base patk)

does the area mob stack for sausys room 10 and val room 91 still works after patch?