Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

Oh, that seems super interesting ! (I mean, I’m only lvl~200, and I struggle so much more whe trying to solo this mission with C2/Bokor2/Sadhu2 xD) I will definitely look at this build, I just need to understand it more :slight_smile:
Btw, could it be used to farm as a Cleric ? (to get some sweet money :slight_smile:)

That was a very interesting idea, too bad that the results weren’t very promising. I’d like to thanks Timeshadow for testing this for us too.

1 Like

In terms of farming efficiency, it can’t win bokor3kabba3 or plaguedocs in terms of kill speed. The build is versatile enough to farm somehow, but at a slower pace.

Well, I’m really outdated and I learn more that I thought in this thread : you can really farm with a bokor3kabba3 ? I understand a bokor3 with plague doctor, but Kabba ? Last time I heard about it, the classwas just bad, does it get some buffs ? And how can you kill fast with it? The cooldown seems too important for me to farm fast, what do I miss :slight_smile: ?

Can check out Hansol Jang’s videos on youtube. He makes the bokor3 kabbalist3 build really awesome to play.

Hey guys i been thinking on reseting one of my cleric’s and making him either a full dps char or a sub dps/support one (matk based), after reading most of the info shared in this (along with other useful threads) my main two options are this ones:
1.- c2 bokor1 sadhu3 pd3: Full INT. This seems to be a full dps/aoe oriented character (wich i like a lot) however, my current doubts about this build are the cooldowns, last time i tested sadhu it was quite underwhelming due to having only 2 offensive skills wich it’s the same problem that PD has, so if there’s a more experienced player running this build it would be nice if they could share they toughts about it in the current “meta”.
2.- c2 diev3 miko pd3: Doubting about if it’s better to go full spr or int. Now this build it’s an intersting one, back before my last hiatus from TOS diev/miko was far from “optimal” due the many things (mostly the fact of the stationary’ish focus of the build) however, with CM, ET, and raid it seems like this build its quite functional RN.

A few things to note:
-I like to play magical bassed characters
-I like being a support oriented character but i want to help DPS wise, for the longest of times i was not willing to give up on cleric/priest early ranks, however due to pardoner’s shops i feel like priest3 can be a waste sometimes (unless very specific builds)
-I can’t go bokor3 due to potato PC issues.
-I can switch PD3 if needed, as a matter of fact i was considering getting something with kabba3 cause ein sof seems super useful for raids and WB, but since im a big PD lover, those are my primal options.
-There was a very interseting build with kirivis3 druid2 and zealot, however (sp issues aside) i don’t know how viable this could be.

Sorry for the wall of text, and i hope to get some help :slight_smile: thanks fellow clerics

I use my Sadhu 3 to farm and… I never found it underwhelming. Possession + Heal 10 (with Blessing) are usually enough.
Sadhu is here to boost all your skills, while also bringing the great Possession, PD is here for the support and to kill groups of mobs, Bokor will give you short cd skills for smaller fights. You can also count on Heal 10 for fast/lazy kills since it has a short cooldown.
It works really well, you have good and easy damages.

If you don’t like “down times” in builds, you don’t want Diev3-Miko-PD3. I love and have this build, but Diev is mostly utility, the Owls are mostly for static/defensive fights, and your other damages have cooldowns a bit long or/and have requirements. It’s not the best to use for quick kills, basically.
It’s a good build, but it’s more support/utility than damages.
For fast or lazy magical spells DPS, I usually count on Heal, Bokor, Sadhu, Carnivory, Taoist.

Ein Sof is amazing, the problem is that most people don’t pay attention to it… The thing is that you mostly need Ein Sof during fights, but some people have effects turned off so they can’t see Ein Sof, some others are too into the fights or not looking at the ground, so they don’t see it. So you either get really good at targeting, or 99% of the time you have to warn them beforehand. A macro with a text about Ein Sof is your BFF.
It’s still a skill worth going Kabba for imo (I wouldn’t go Kabba 3 just for it though), but be aware that it’s not easy to use.
For WB/raids, I feel a good Zemyna 15/16 will also do the work and won’t be as troublesome.

2 Likes

1)I’ve got a priest1 instead of bokor1 so it can res, but it’s still a very good build. Though zealot2 and meta aa have largely eclipsed pd3 builds imo. (and to an extent diev3/miko builds as well, but their use is niche ofc.)
You do have to get used to getting the most out of cure, heal, possession, incin and bds though, like you said you will run into times when you need to wait for cd or get creative. (ABE>Incin is also a nice combo, so is possession+heal ofc)

2)Not entirely sure which stats is the best at the end, but spr is still a safe and reliable bet as it helps keep owls on par prior to getting good gear.
Mostly because even full int builds can get a solid amount of spr via rng gear now a days, so if you can reach 600+ spr anyway then going full spr turns owl from a x3 dmg multiplier into a x4. (+0.3% dmg per spr for owls, post def)
Whereas Int will help push through defenses a lot better for your matk skills, with it giving an ideal avg of +2.5matk per point. (assuming 330 int = 825 matk roughly)

So that entirely depends on what gear you plan to use, with enough spr/enhance the difference prob won’t even matter that much.

1 Like

Got a specific question in merkabah…

Point:
I see videos that the cast it behind themselves as the player and face the boss…I can understand that…
I do also understand that it needs to explode to deal dmg…
I also do see people in videos able to explode merkabah earlier than to the predetermined location
I see someone using a multiple skills from wheel,zaibas, AA, even a possession to explode the merkabah.

Question:

How much dmg do I need to deal in merkabah just to explode it earlier. or this would be a better question.
Can a 350 one hand mace +16 primus. trans 5 (minimum) can break that merkabah easy?
both in physical dmg and magical dmg type so I get both answers here earlier.

Sorry just confirming so I know what to take later on…

Anyone who knows the subject, can you tell if the transformation bug in Druid “Spectra” still works?
I don’t remember about IMC saying that they corrected it but nobody talk about it anymore.

Merkabah doesn’t take damage from your hits, only from enemies’ hits. You see people using skills/AA-ing in Merkabah because Merkabah’s attribute has an effect that gives an additional holy damage line equal to 10% of damage dealt to the enemy while in the wheel’s aoe. It’s another skill that multiplies damage (double chance and gevura being the other skills). Nekorin has a better explanation of this somewhere in the forums, I just don’t know where it is anymore since it’s been a while.

AFAIK the monster has been completely taken away from the pool of possible monsters from oracle’s change.

1 Like

Thank you I re-watch the Videos, because last time I watch them I was already tired and half asleep… so this time I took notice the merkabah casting circle where she puts it. At least that cleared up a lot on my mind…

Video1
Video2

Hi,
I just leveled a Cleric C1 > Priest > Chaplain > Krivis C3 > Inquisitor to R9 and I’m loving playing with it.
But I have some questions:
-Daino turns my AA into a magic attack, this means it scales with Magic Attak, but is it possible to magic attacks to crit?
-If I’m using Daino I can use a Rod and deal more damage in the AA as it is based in the magic attack, correct?
-The Goddess of Fire attribute from Aukuras add Fire damage to magic attacks, but does Aspergilium/Last Rites/Sacrament/Enchant Fire/Daino AA counts as magic?
-Is it really worth to get the Inquisitor Flames(I’ve notticed that it don’t seem to apply all the damage lines)?
-Is it possible to spread Divine Stigma or Malleus Maleficarum with the Breaking Wheel?

Thanks in advance

• No. Magic does not crit.
  • In theory, yes, if you use only autoattack (dunno if God Smash can be done with rod). But you will want a Masinios Mace on endgame anyway because it has a chance to proc an extra lightning element damage line.
  • Yes they do count as magic; if I recall correctly the effect is that Aukuras will add yet another fire element damage line on your AA because of them (but only 1?)
  • Yes it is because every single attack can proc them (including those spread by wheel) and they have pushback that works incredibly well against non-ranged mobs.
  • I am not sure about that, sorry xD (someone else might know :sweat_smile: )
1 Like

Just tested and Goddess of Fire doesn’t add another line of damage, with or without Daino activated.

And thanks for the help :stuck_out_tongue:

It doesn’t add a new line of atk cuz it add fire property damage. It work like a “Blessing” and not like a “Enchant Fire”.

Yeah, that i know. What i mean is if there’s any other way to make it.

• Daino turns it into a matk hit, which can not crit nor miss. With the attribute, it will add a second hit equal to the total dmg of your first hit to boot.
  • Yes, but it will not work for any patk based skill you have, like wheel’s own hits and god smash especially.
  • Technically those are all magic dmg, but GoF only affects daino’s 1st hit and Aspergillum out of those for some reason.
  • Inquisitor flames are incredibly strong since kills with the flames can also proc new flames on their own. Basically, focus first on getting a strong weapon and on flames second. (Also scale with dex and I think they have the full amount of hits even.)
  • Neither Divine Stigma or MM can be spread by breaking wheel atm.

@Wonderlland:
Spectra/Black Spectra are currently unavailable, and since they’re material types we can’t transform into them anyway.
And judging from tosbase spectra only has 2 skills atm anyway.

No idea about the ET earth spectra listed in tosbase though, it seems to have different skills but I never tested it.

Well, since it can’t be found anymore so there’s no way to make it.
Doesn’t matter his type because Chortasmata turn anything it touch to Plant-type.
There’s a lot of Spectra but that “Spectra” is unique. The single place i know it could be found was on Pyromancer Class Quest that you should kill 3 of that Spectra, but it was in a cutscene so to the Druid have access to it was only by “Change” from Oracle.

I’m glad that they remove the access to it, there was some people using it on GvG those days, but was funny to surprise some friends with it.

I didn’t mean race, I meant whatever category normal, material, elite, boss etc belong to.
Shapeshift only works on normal mobs, and nimrah duke/frieker are good examples of mobs that we simply can’t use despite them being in regular fields. (large beasts with good multihits even…)