Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

I maybe just missed this…is this a new thing? where did you get this info from about the zoo build/conversion?

Taoist is still good on its own, it has some dps. Soon the paper price will drop in iToS too, making the class more attractive.

I thought it was listed as such on ktos neet for a while, But now I can’t find it… (currently it shows str.)

Also see:

Might have jumped the gun :confused:
We’ll have to wait till we get the barrier range patch, if it’s not in that then I was wrong. I’ll edit it out.

So I just changed into a Cleric C2 > Priest C3 > Chaplain > PD2 (Pala-Inqui felt somewhat disappointing in the long run :frowning: ) to test it out for the first time (the PD2 thing) and I’m loving it, I finally have so AoE and it just feels so nice and quite tanky with Healing Factor, recasting buffs might a little bit of a hassle but I’ll probably get used to it, however I’ve some questions regarding this setup:

1.- Does Disenchant have any use for PvE? thinking about that attribute that increases the debuffs lvl by 1 when used on an enemy, not sure if worth it.

2.- Also is Incineration not worth maxing nowadays and instead go for more utility/quality of life? (like maxing Healing Factor).

3.- As far as I know in my setup I only use Pandemic to spread Black Death Steam which then spreads to nearby enemies, however my question is as follows: let’s say I’ve Pandemic at lvl 1 so 5 targets, and I’ve 5 targets on top of me WITH Black Death Steam already applied and other 5 targets nearby (think of range enemies) without it, does Pandemic recognize the targets around me has Black Death Steam and instead spreads it to the enemies that are out of range or does it just pick random mobs?

4.- This is the skill setup I’m gonna follow:

Not sure if I should change anything, if Disenchant is not worth it then I just take that point into Epidemic or take Fumigate (took Beak Mask instead just because it feels wrong to pick Plague Doctor and not take the mask :frowning: ).

5.- Aspergillum increases the dmg according to Aspersio lvl however I’ve seen many people even after taking chaplain leaving it at lvl 1, is it not worth the investment and instead it’s better to get more utility? (like higher lvl revive/mass heal).

6.- Is lvl 3 Epidemic enough to spread Black Death Steam? the skill already spreads itself so I was thinking lvl 3 was enough to spread it around and then the skill spreads it even more to the targets that didn’t get affected.

7.- What DMG attributes should I focus on first to lvl up or like the ones I should get asap?

8.- I guess since I’m using PD I should use Agny Necklace even after the nerf? or Max Peta would be better?

Sorry for too many questions, it’s my first thing trying out this build and so far I like it a lot, so tanky and useful :stuck_out_tongue:

No idea. Never found a use for it so far though.

Definitely. If you’re a SPR PD you really want Healing Factor over Incineration.[quote=“Heartless, post:64, topic:361112”]
3.- As far as I know in my setup I only use Pandemic to spread Black Death
[/quote]

All mobs count. But Pandemic 5 is enough for most purposes. Higher skill levels also consume sheet tons of SP.

Good choice. Looks > Everything. Can’t fight the plague if you’re looking awful.

Not quite worth it in SPR build, but it does increase your Aspergillium line if you have decent weapon. Since you’re a PD2, auto-atk is not that much of a priority so you can go for support skills instead.[quote=“Heartless, post:64, topic:361112”]
6.- Is lvl 3 Epidemic enough to spread Black Death Steam?
[/quote]

If you’re going into a dungeon with tons of mobs per meter squared, it won’t spread to all mobs. The mobs are picked randomly, I think. I’ve had my Pandemic 5 not spreading before, but honestly, I can live with it not working 1~2 times per 2 or 3 dungeon runs. Not worth the skill points and SP going higher levels. I don’t even think you need Pandemic because Black Death spreads super easy now.

Black Death is top priority. Magnus and Incinerate comes second.

No idea because I don’t have agny, but Incinerate has a rather small AoE compared to Black Death. I would go for max peta.

1 Like

Okay thanks a lot man :smiley:

Think I’ll leave Pandemic at lvl 4 taking that point off Disenchant since I really don’t find any use for Fumigate… Bloodletting is already 100% up and as far as I know lvl 3 debuffs it’s only Incineration so for PvP only and I don’t do that so yeah .-.

Pandemic is more useful for spreading other debuffs than Black Death itself, such as Hexing, Conviction, or other classes debuffs.You don’t really have any super-valuable debuffs as Chaplain so it’s not that crucial in your build.

Beak Mask is useful in pvp to fill Bloodletting’s cooldown. In pvm Bloodletting is 100% more worth it (since it has basically no downtime).

1. Atm it should have, some elites and bosses have a dmg block buff on them now. Still since it’s a 10% chance per debuff per skill level I’d say its not worth the investment for pve.

2. Kind of, it only scales +5.4% skill factor with level which is quite small. Not sure if Angi is a +50% skill factor or skill factor x1.5 buff though. And keep in mind it’s enhance and elemental bonuses.

3. Don’t know, try testing it out.

4. I’d place the 1 from Disenchant into pandemic. Might as well keep 1 in beak if you like the mask.

5. In terms of aspergillum.

• An int focus build should always have it maxed.
  • An spr focus build can lose out on utility/defenses by trying to max both aspergillum and blessing. While it is still very nice to have for them, it does come at a cost and it is not as important as blessing.

In terms of the discrepancy in regards to advice:

• In all fairness: The current damage formula, skill factor and weapon scaling are not properly understood by everyone and its pre-315 level performance can be very misleading.

• But aside of that, it’s a merely a case of “the blind leading the blind”.
    Someone states x isn’t worth it despite a lack of testing, and if they’re respected plenty of people will repeat that advice.
    It’s why I personally deem criticism/corrections as needed to keep the quality of advice in check.

6-8) See @mrshadowccg’s advice as mine wouldn’t add anything to it.

I still need to try and farm an agni… My bokor/pd build is a low lvl scrub anyway.

I’ve an Agny at the moment but even then I find Black Death Steam doing most of the work, specially with Pandemic.

Is that directed to me because of Incinerate? Gee sorry, guess I won’t be giving people advice anymore in your topics.

What? No, the incin was spot on.

I was trying to explain why we have such a discrepancy in terms of advice over here.
In this case, it was an attempt to explain why Aspersion skill level advice differed so much.

It also means I need corrections/criticism btw. I do make mistakes, and this thread would be worse off If I ignored all of it.

And stop getting offended, and not just you but everyone, over this utterly trivial nonsense.
We need to be capable of pointing out when something is wrong if we want to correct it.
We need to be capable of having these types of discussions of why, how and what we can to do improve advice.

4 Likes

Cleric2 > Krivis1 > Paladin3 > Pardoner

How would I level up this char? seems like it could be a little bit rough :confused: I want to make scrolls for myself xD

get to lvl 50, then rush instances with ppl screaming voucher vouchers… and then before you even notice booomm you are lvl 190-200

Guys,

I was thinking on a all purpose build for end game content

I was thinking in something like

C2>P1>S3>K1>Inq1 Full Int

This will be a good build for PvP and Pve content ?

I think this build covers all The requirements for ET and PvP, ofc my dps on Pve Will not be optimal but with The weapons upgrade i think even on The physical side for inq Will be ok ish.

The other option i have is ofc the meta c2>P3>Ch>Kabba>Inq

Im currently playing C2>D1>S3>PD2

P1 is not enough bless, no mass heal, no revive…

S3 dmg is fine but CD is gonna kill ur dps.

Kabba 1 is for SP but you could get no need for SP regen or HP though other means that are not as hard to lose as a good R7 class, and for INQ, as full int… well… guess maeulus will deal dmg, but… appart from that…

Rank Reset to another build, level until monday, rank reset back to your favorite scroll making build > done

Cleric 2

Spam Heal. Cure somewhere here or there. Spam Divine. Any Cl2 and/or Pr3 is automatically an asset to any party, no exception

@mario_st , P1 Just for ress wich is all that is needed for ET and PvP The rest is luxury, S3 for ABE on PvP, TP, possession is Also good on Pve point of view to dps, K1 for r7 and utility Also 1 not so good damage skill and Inq for dps and PvP focused skills, The Gap between Full str and Full Int build is not that much 90% of dps nos come from weapons, Full Int Just because of TP, ABE and possession that gains a lot from that, TP Also benefit Inq dps.

The downside is really The cd as you point

The best ET builds at the moment in my opinion are:

Cleric C2 > Priest C3 > Chaplain > PD1/Miko > PD2/Inquisitor

or

Cleric C1 > Krivis C3 > Diev C3 > Taoist

One brings the utility while the other brings the DMG.

The downside is to have CD and to have many tools at low lvl without uptime during the cd and not so well sinergy at R8 with other ranks plus Kabba, R7 is good in pvp but not further real use for it in pve.