Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

I prefer to invest mostly on int so it scale the damage. I had a full Dex and I didn’t feel it increased somehow the DPS like more hits due burn have a timeout, specially I think burn have an max damage it can deal after that it is extinguish

I didn’t try with PD but with other classes. The attribute is turned off and you can’t switch

1 Like

Hi,
Now I want to invest some money on my Cleric C1> Priest >Chaplain >Krivis C3 >Inquisitor, and I’m really wavering between some options so I wanted some information.

-Does Froster Lord cards have chances of triggering with each line of damage?
-Does Frieno Set second option(Additional damage) have chances of triggering with each line of damage?

Then for max damage, should I use a Frieno Set and 3 Froster Lord cards or Lynnki Set with 1 Froster Lord and 2 Centaurus(for the lacking AoE AR)?

I want to make an Inquisitor too, im just not shure if I should build Chaplain for autos or Paladin3 full crit

If I can hotswap my gears, I would use Frieno Set when I’m surrounded by monsters and Lynnki when I’m hitting 1-2 monsters.

Frieno is dependent on the number of monsters surrounding the cleric, the more monsters nearby the more it triggers. Frosterlord imho counteracts against that since monsters frozen with breaking wheel splash means lesser chances of them making it close to the cleric to trigger Frieno.

Lynnki set has a slight con too, once the stacks hit 50 it will trigger the 10sec countdown of the buff. The player will have to rebuild the stacks after the buff is gone.

As with lines of damage triggering proc effects I would say no. So far only Daino’s additional line of attack have chances of triggering proc effects such as Masinos Mace’s 3k lightning. Never seen enchant fire nor sacrament triggering it (maybe I’m just unlucky or the sample size is too small when I test)

However, there are exceptions to that, some proc triggers will retrigger other procs, like Zealot’s Blind Faith. (Kind of makes me wonder why…)

1 Like

I love the chaplain inquisitor build. It’s not very popular in Silute, and I can count in one hand the number of people having one. Though the last weeks I’ve been sort of planning like a nice setup for the build to shine in CM, at least, and now a lot of them want to make one too.
You DO need the inqui attribute, which is costly but very well invested. And I had a frieno set from before, so apart from the attribute points, I had the luck of getting a Masi Mace Recipe from the Raid and decided to make one for this char. Just a +6 refine, no trans.

I just pair it up with a Falconer c3 coz of Aiming and Pheasant, a healer for most of the party (we don’t want the falconer to die or other supports, but mainly the falconer), and I like to have a chrono to attack faster. Then whatever helps kill the bosses. But the synergy between the flames and aiming is amazing. A pelt c3 would come handy to lure mobs faster, but that’s asking a bit much. I ask everyone to turn off effects, and voila. Bosses become easier if they are the like to lay off traps or tragets I can break to trigger the flames, Aiming does the rest of the job.

I tried the trick at Valandis 91 and it worked. The problems I saw there were: durability (finding a portal takes some time, which takes some durability, and soloing all the stages much more) and bosses, it takes too long, and if you are unlucky you may encounter one that becomes invulerable for some time. I stopped at stage 6, mostly because of durability. Between stage 1 and 5, mobs melted in less that 1 minute. So… it has its pros and cons. You clear fast, boss takes longer. You also get some mats (Cresto Feathers). Also you can fall from the ladder and continue to AA the boss, and it won’t move, so it can’t target you.

Any new ideas or discoverys about this build?

My build is INT/CON/DEX which may change to more CON focused and the same amount of DEX, if I ever make a good refine and trans my weapon. Cards are important. Right now I’m using 2x Centaurus 1x Froster Lord, 1x Gazing Golem 2x Yekub (I might change one of them to Mineloader that applies shock, but its only worth it if one wants to do the Valandis 91 trick), greens to round up some stats, and no blues yet.

1 Like

I don’t agree with that, if you are doing CM in Ephoratao Coast or SR9 the monsters will stay stacked upon you(even if you use wheel and Froster Lord), and Frieno is not only used cause of the Adttional damage, it gives 3 AoE AR, some Dex and a lot CON making possible to invest more points on INT.
And with the 3 AoE AR you can free one red card slot(that would be used for a Centaurus) and it can be used for another froster lord or a hydra(the one that deals more damage to frozen enemies).
And thanks for the info on the damage trigger

Hi, I’m from Silute too, and I’m seeing an increasingly number of Chap/Krivis/Inq in the server lately.
Is one Gazing golem enough? Like are you always with it triggered?
And I saw a lot of people speaking about the mineloader for this build, but what’s is this shock debuff?
I searched in the database and there are two effects there(one is a slowing one and the other decreases INT and SPR[I think this one is from the highlander crown, but I’m not sure])

There are many AA Inq nowadays. Probably due it is the easiest way to do CM soloing.

I use just one gazing and it proc quite often during cm. Not that useful as it is quite rare to proc against a boss due it won’t have enough hits .

Shock debuff have synergy with Frost card. Electric additional damage might also have this synergy.

Yes, the spr one is from Highlander

I made a video about Chap/Kri/Inq a few days ago, I hope my tips makes things clear about the build.

2 Likes

Awesome work and advices. I would also recommend full int for more damage burst . I haven’t tried using my looting set to cm yet. One thing I know grey said before but I wasn’t aware is each stage of cm adds 100 of looting. I heard from people that reach stage 7 that it doesn’t worth. I agree the times I reached stage 6 and 7. You probably will spend many items

1 Like

Thank you.

Full DEX is better than SPR or INT because you can get enough damage to solo absolutly everything with Masinios Mace, more Speed does more damage than attacking “slower” with “stronger” attacks. I’ve already tested it and you can see it too by watching the a lot o videos of people that are or DEX or SPR or INT, the DEX focused one always is make things easier.

True, Stage 6 and 7 are not worth it because it’s risky even for that build, but if you’re very well equipped and you’re confident that you can, then there’s no problem in doing it.

Btw, the Golden Statue in Klaipeda gives a buff of 100 Looting Chance for a great time, it’s good to get it when you go CM with this build.

Would you recommend to go directly with full Dex, even for leveling ? At max level, with a good weapon, I can understand, but until that, isn’t a mix better ?

Did you saw how weak my Chaplain is and how much damage i did even to the Boss?
Yeah, only DEX is needed.

Yeah, I need to say, the video is pretty impressive, but I was still wondering because I don’t even a good weapon waiting for me, so I’ll need this character to farm it :slight_smile:

Not all CMs will have places/platforms like Sausys10 where the monsters are stack so beautifully in a small area as fuel for the flames.

I’ve been running 1x frosterlord in place of Centaurus for quite some time. I do like the freeze but sometimes I just wish that the freeze isn’t there, especially during times when monsters don’t really stack properly on other maps. Sometimes it just feels infuriating when I cast Breaking Wheel, hit the wheel once intending to pull the monsters closer first before continuing to attack (to have more chances of frieno triggering)… and a number of them froze in position due to Frosterlord card trigger.

Example: The poor mob (far left) that froze while on route to be fuel.

It is somehow a love-hate affair with that card for me lol.

As for Frieno set, it is a must for AA builds. Even my enchantress (wiz) is vying for it. Like I said before, Frieno excels when there are a lot of monsters. Lynnki is more for single target bursts since Frieno don’t trigger much at all against 1 single monster (eg. a boss).

@Wonderlland nice video XD. I’ve been wanting to try that with my AA INTqusitor for sometime but keep forgetting to try it ><

Btw aren’t the player’s attack speed limited by their latency? Wouldn’t too much DEX have diminishing returns?

Yeah it’s worth it if you’re already well-invested. I have around 830+ looting chance (from gears and golden statue buff, not including the CM looting chance bonus) when doing CM stage 7 in valandis and I get roughly 80-90 unidentified gears per run, with an average of 1-2 primus. And I do that on 2 characters every day to justify my spending on my frieno set.

The ideal place to solo in sausys 9 is on the far right, the mobs funnel better there instead of them just fanned out like in that area.

1 Like

Ah yes, that was that ! When I read on what stats (between full dex, 150 dex + rest spr or 150 dex + rest int), full dex was adviced for funded player with a very good latency, which is not that much my case (my computer seems to not like all the effects and numbers around that build, even at lvl150).
That’s why I thought that 150 dex + rest int was better for me :confused:

Thank you for liking the video guys <3

@Talullah It doesn’t need much Silver, try to get a Primus Mace lv350 without caring about the effects. That will already make you stronger than my Chaplain.

That’s right, but every map has a corner that makes the same strategy work for this build, point a map and people will tell you the best corner!

For the player, ± yes. For the Inq Fire, no. The game just doesn’t care about Latency when is the Fire the one attacking. Note that sometimes Hits will still be popping up on the screen a few seconds after a monster dies by the Inq Fire. That’s the proof of that.

Again, Thank you so much for liking it, means a lot. XD

Honestly, thanks for the video, that’s always cool to see a build in action with a cheap gear !
I mean, I love this game, and I love to think about builds, but I get my first character at lvl300 yesterday, so I don’t know that much the high level, and those videos are really precious to show me what I can expect from a build :heart:
I got a Vienerazis Mace recipe on my Wizard, but I don’t even have a Practonium yet xD So yeah, I will probably use random drop :slight_smile: Btw, do you still use the Five Hammer for aoe ? Or dmg stats are too much important ?