Tree of Savior Forum

An extremely toxic player

13 Likes

I try my best not to generalize people but people like you make it hard.

Hurt feelings don’t deserve a report, stop responding and talking with these people if you can’t handle it. If the only way you can get back at people is abusing report functionality when you could easily IGNORE THEM AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE - then maybe you shouldn’t be on the internet.

I might be alone but I find this behavior of pointing fingers with “wahh he’s mean to me” when there are tools to deal with it yourself just as toxic. He wouldn’t be reporting a Brazilian player for insulting Americans so it comes off as annoying to me.

6 Likes

This Emberley person is clearly an idiot.

Edit: after playing today and seeing some stuff Emberley was saying in shout chat, I withdraw my previous statements. Emberley is definitely an extremely toxic/xenophobic player that is just trying to stir up trouble. Your screen shots do not even begin to cover it.

14 Likes

I can’t believe you are saying this. The ‘monkey’ part is worse than the rest. Calling someone a monkey in open street, due to skin color or nationality, is a crime in many countries, yet it’s not enough to report a person in a game?

I could report 684684 brazilians for being toxic too, but this guy did some wrong things, and yes, they are strong words. It’s easier when you are not the target.

13 Likes

By the way he blocked me in the game, I have not seen in the chat. And I want to make clear that I report what I want, the message here is for the staff of the game not for players, stop trying to talk with me

@DanielS
I can also report innumerable English speakers, but do not really care about them, but this in question deserves to be always doing that

1 Like

their arguments are poor and lack common sense, I hope that one day you realize that society is founded on respect

3 Likes

I reported somebody on this forum who told others they are monkeys and should kill themselves … It wasn’t even directed at me, but some things should simply not be tolerated. Sure, you can say “ignore him and move on”, but you should be happy that somebody (OP) took his time and did report this. Ignore this topic if you don’t care, but I thank OP for caring and reporting this person. And, no, I am not BR.

8 Likes

Lmao who are you to say he doesnt deserve respect? Get of your high horse, you are worth the same as him.

Do you see people going around the street saying ■■■■ u and being rude to everyone they dont know and then be like " cant respect you, i dont know you"?

No you dont. Why? Because usually people try to respect others, even more so people they dont know, so that they can avoid trouble/have a normal day.

9 Likes

I brought up RESPECT because he kept using it as a defense to try and strawman my complaints about him.

That’s why he doesn’t deserve my respect, because he’s demanding it when no one HAS to give him anything.

In my country and servers we have something called “freedom of speech” and just because you don’t like what someone says doesn’t mean you get censor them. You can call that person out on being an idiot, a bigot, a racist - whatever your opinion is you can make it heard and I would fight for your right to do so just as much as anyone else.

MY COMPLAINT SINCE YOU SEEM TO HAVE COMPLETELY MISSED IT TO TRY AND INSULT ME - Is that he didn’t need to put himself in this position in the first place, he’s choosing to find these words offensive and the only way he knows how to get back at people is by false reports. That’s why I disrespect him, not because he’s a BR or anything else.

You wanna preach and talk down to people about “respect” how about you learn some yourself dude. Maybe you should get off your above average height horse first and speak to me on an equal level next time.

Who wouldn’t?
“Go kill yourself”, “Monkey”… What’s wrong with you!? It IS offensive no matter how you look at it.
He’s telling all BRs to please kill themselves. Nowhere should such behavior be tolerated.

I am glad OP cares.

But, please let’s just stop it here and let a GM handle this. Some care, some don’t… We’ll never agree on each other’s stance… Let’s just accept that.

8 Likes

Social justice warriors belief is garbage that causes bigotry, not prevents it.

The day people can read the word “nigg er” without having a mental breakdown is the day we can actually start working towards true equality for races. I’m sorry it just annoys me the sad state we’re in where people can’t say ANYTHING even semi-offensive without someone taking it super seriously.

He called me a name - Ban him. He called me a name, fine him. He called me a name - Imprison him. He called me a name - Kill him.

This is a mentality I will never stand for.

How do you enter a game like this and NOT expect to see someone trolling in the public chat? If you can’t handle it, get off the internet. Seriously, take your PC bullshit somewhere else.

1 Like

It’s not that he did talk to anybody in particular. He generalized a crowd.

Yes, offend just me and I don’t give a ■■■■, offend a race or anything…that should not be tolerated…

1 Like

Brazil is a country, countries has cultures and customs that he might find offensive. We’d be hypocrites to censor him if he’s not specifically harassing anyone. A few messages on the shout chat? Wow, how offensive - Not like the constant gold bot spam or BRs spouting racist comments towards whitey is any less offensive.

The middle east is not a race, Christianity is not a race. Groups of people are… a way different subject. I would say it’s still prejudice only because no everyone from brazil wants to be viewed this way.

Grow thicker skin, if you think the person is an idiot just laugh at them or make fun of them for acting like this. Don’t go crying to mommy and daddy demanding they fix it for you.

If someone said “typical American idiot, go eat a hamburger” would there be a topic being made about it? I doubt it.

tl;dr : This game has actual problems with harassment and bot spam, stop wasting everyone’s time because someone made fun of your home country.
If you can’t handle reading public unmoderated chats - STOP READING THEM

1 Like

Actually I don’t get what is your point.

It is clearly against the rules of the game to harass someone like that.

You say that he shouldn’t care, but you know that there are people that actually care right? The rules exists not only for these people that care, but also for those that don’t.

If you have such cold blood, that you can handle someone that curses you and your country/family like it’s nothing, why can’t you handle someone that was offended by it, and came to the forums and complained about it, which he has the rights to do so?

Also he’s not wasting “everyone” time, anyone who spends time here does of his own volition.

9 Likes

My problem is not that he is saying anything offensive, it’s just an annoying response. He called you a name? Ignore, call him a name back or make fun of him for being an idiot.

He’s not harassing anyone in specific or making you read his messages. He’s not following you around or whispering to you is he? Is he really so disruptive that you needed a forum topic about your feelings?

I just think it’s ridiculous because it DOES wastes everyone’s time. There are only so many people to read reports, investigate and act on them. If people are doing this it takes away from actual problems being solved.

More than that though, I think anyone should have the free right to say anything they want. There is a block feature for a reason.

My point was ultimately If you can’t handle reading public unmoderated chats - STOP READING THEM

Say what you want about bigots in shout chat - at least they’re not making topics in the forum for no god damn reason.

I think that guy just wants attention, acting like a jerk towards other people. I’m not a BR player, I don’t know their story (but yes, I played in the CBT), but even so, I don’t like this kind of behaviour! Everyone must treat eachother equally regardless language, race etc. Unfortunately, this problem will always exist, so all you have to do is just to deal with it.

I understand you find this offensive, it is normal, but I’d recommend you to ignore him and eventually add him to the blacklist. That’s all you can do. I’m sorry…

He might get muted because I truly believe this kind of behaviour is not agreed, but no more than that. Why? He isn’t a bot. He isn’t scamming. He isn’t selling silver. He isn’t using any illegal program (probably, lol). So all they could do is just to mute him for unsuitable language.

At least, this is what I think.

3 Likes

I see…

Well, I think the problem is actually something else.

It’s not just this specific case, that I don’t think is a big deal too. But actually, it seems that a whole culture is developing against BRs and other non-english speaker users, and I believe this topic helps IMC have a better view of the situation.

It is not only that guy, I have seen people saying that over and over again (even in the forums), and this is not alright. Of course, you can ignore it once, twice, ten times, et cetera, but at some point the patience will be over, and it’s just this point that differs for one person and another…

Also “weak” people are a fact, one should not abstain from society just because there are barbarians there… Actually, it’s the other way around, troublesome people are locked into jails to not prejudice society.

[quote=“dotapazappy, post:16, topic:200550, full:true”]My point was ultimately If you can’t handle reading public unmoderated chats - STOP READING THEM
[/quote]Wait, you guys haven’t muted the shout chat yet?
:stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you @yashasenku for this report.

14 Likes

Rules being broken by the player in question. Straight from the Terms of Service.

1. You shall not abuse, harass or threaten another player or members of IMC Games. This includes, but not limited to: filing support tickets with false information in an attempt to gain benefits from it or have someone else suffer from it; sending excessive e-mails or support tickets; interfering with IMC Games from doing their jobs.

2. You shall not use any abusive, defamatory, ethnically or racially offensive, harassing, harmful, hateful, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, threatening or vulgar language. (Alternate spelling or partial masking of such words will be reprimanded in the same manner as the actual use of such words.)

3. You shall not continuously act in a way to disrupt other players’ gameplay.

This player is using offensive and hateful speech in all of his or hers messages. While also harassing and threatening players to whisper them so that he or she may file a fake bot report. Continually disrupting more than just this individual’s experience.

This is not a proper solution. By saying this you are encouraging people to throw more wood into the fire. Making things even more toxic than they already were.

“Public message to all BRs”. Explain?

Even in America we somehow get through all the court cases sooner or later. IMC will get through all reports. A GM already thanked the OP for this report as I am typing this response. Clearly IMC has time on their hands for things like this.

No. As far as I can tell from the way you believe justice should be dealt. You’d be okay with a group of people stoning a person to death because they all stood up for themselves and took the person down. Having a block feature does not give you an excuse to be blatantly rude to people.

You’re funny.

■■■■ dotapazappy.

10 Likes