Tree of Savior Forum

Allow class resets please

The vast majority will not repeat the same dull quests over and over to get the build they eventually want. In fact with resets it will encourage more people to make alts, because it ensures their builds will not be permanently screwed by some future patch. Resets can protect all those time invested into multiple alts.

Copy-pasta

10 Likes

Maybe the quest are dull but u forget that lvling a character from zero to hero is the main part of the game… or with more direct words : the way is the goal.
This game is not like wow where u get everything for near free like 2. spec ect. and its good that it is not like that.

And to tell u like it is : a circel or even class resett…even for tp…is NOT the way this game will be fun in future. On the other side, a rebirth like solution like in ragnarok online would be nice and on top : u could get new rebirth only skills and/or some extra skill points or even a low stat boost in the beginning without making new circles.
THAT would be great and on top…u sure have to re lvl ur character from zero to hero again… that would solve the low lvl population a lot because…u cant re do quest and killing events… so the only way to lvl is grinding - dungeon or missions think about this option. on top they could make weaker classes stronger without too much rebalancing…

[quote=“atari, post:29, topic:327160”]
Test room/server would solve this particular problem.
[/quote]   

huehuehuehueeeeeeee!!!

becoz why not!

I wanna kwaaaaaakkkkk~~~

I like rebirth option with xp bonus til you get back where you were, but only as an optional feature to reroll your character quicker. Not as something you do to get rebirth only skills or extra skill points.

Cross-post here. There are too many similar thread these couple of days…

1 Like

Adding the choice to buy circle reset wont stop new player from coming. What will stop them from playing this game is more likely “ridiculous trading rules”, “cheaters and botters everywhere” or “lack of premium contents”. How much will the reset thingy affect the low level game I’m not sure about that. Things has to change anyway.

Currently you are assuming the low level population mainly consists of players who are re-rolling. This sounds even worse because this means that people other than those hardcore players who are willing to re-roll wont even play this game.

3 Likes

Best quote here :blush:
Major changes to game mechanics are needed. No avoiding the issue of class resets any longer :blush:

1 Like

I would really like them to revisit many of the game mechanics. So much to say to help improve the game rather than providing a bandaid “reset”.

Not everyone has all day to reroll and re lvl a character. It’s not like I am asking to be boosted to max lvl with no work. Just asking to allow us to reset our class circle. Believe me, the majority of the population will be happier.

1 Like

Yeah, I do agree with that. From the technical standpoint it is kind of hard to pull it off rather than strip of class ranks from top down and doing a re-level. Not really sure on what IMC will do to tackle this though, but given their track record, having specific rank resets will probably create more bugs than solving the issue we have lol.

Anyway some food for thought since we talking about specific rank resets, there are a couple of things which are needed to be solved conceptually:

• Class prerequisites like Priest3 > Chaplain
  • Player tied statuses such as guilds, Templar

How will a specific rank reset tackle these issues? We can’t just rule them out as exceptions as they are classes too. And as more hidden classes get added the will be more of such cases.

cant the reset be like delete character thingy, like, it wont allow you delete character if you have equipment on.

so, cant reset Templar if you still in any guild

Meaning can’t reset templar until

• kick out all guildies,
  • disband guild.
  • clear items in guild bank
  • All guild rankings in GVG have to be cleared and flushed
  • Other guilds which have GVG logs with the said guild need to be tweaked
  • Other guild rankings to be reordered due to a guild disband
  • Guild wars to be concluded

Yeah, affect so many things unlike just deleting 1 character so simple.

well, its a simple condition, reset Templar only if Templar not in any guild.

its the player problem to decide when to kick guildies, disband, etc etc

as for ranking, a simple 5 will do… strike the number or guild name so people would know it disbanded etc

still, reset easier than redo lv220 (coz rank1 to rank6 is about lv217 I think… rank 7 start lv220)

it can be done, just, I lost faith in IMC already… hahahahaha

We just need a system that scales high levels to lower end dungeons, sort of like a match making for those already waiting for low level dungeon runs, but as one queue for all dungeons.

The mobs would have to give beneficial EXP, so that high levels don’t just ‘Rush’, and the run limit separate from other dungeons. As well as there being a requirement of like you needing to be +50 levels from a dungeon to participate.

2 Likes

Besides, the main motivation for people making new characters should never be for the sake of remaking characters, but rather for making a completely different character and trying out a different playstyle. Otherwise, that’s just poor game design.

Here’s a lengthy reply. Feel free to ignore, esp for those who’ve already read my posts in a previous thread.

As tackled over and over again in most class reset threads, (I’m writing this mostly to pass time and to refine my view on this matter) one of the main arguments against class resets is that it will discourage people from making new characters which will in turn will lead to two things: (1) it will affect the diversity of the builds that are being used; (2) it will reduce the population of low level characters.

For #1, diversity of builds is already in a bad place as it is, owing to the fact that for every base class, there are only a handful of so-called “meta” builds. If there are a lot of meta builds to choose from, why would it matter that people can easily switch to the most popular a.k.a “meta” build? And by easily, I mean at the cost of a huge sum of TP (which is not actually “easy” at all). Whatever “diversity” we have now is just a product of poor class balancing. Arguing that people should embrace this so-called diversity and just stick with their current build is just blindly accepting that IMC has failed miserably in providing us with even a decent class system. Class reset won’t kill diversity, poor class balancing already did from the moment the game was released. Although, I have to concede that class reset may magnify this particular problem which highly depends its accesibility and other mechanics.

For #2 As I mentioned, it’s another symptom of poor game design, or even marketing/publicity - poor marketing or publicity because I believe new or low-level characters should consist mostly of new players (i.e a healthy mix of new and old players). But that’s just probably me and probably just wishful thinking at best.

Also, it’s a symptom of poor game design because old players should never resort to making a new class solely for the sake of remaking and tweaking a previous character. Making new characters should be for the purpose of trying out a different build or gameplay, or even testing out different builds, assuming class reset don’t come cheap or are not that accessible. There should also be better rewards or benefits for making multiple characters. This way, people who opt for class reset miss out on whatever benefits they would have received if they just made a new character.

tl;dr The anti-reset argument that class resets will kill diversity and reduce the population of low-level characters is basically accusing the wrong culprit. And if class resets - in whatever form - would magnify these existing problems, it can easily be solved with the proper implementation.

2 Likes

thank you for finally using the tldr, adult tonyo

the kid inside me thank you for that

sincerely
aint-that-huehuehue-haukinyau-supposed-to-be-muted

1 Like

I’ve seen that brought up before and it’s a great idea.

I’m pretty sure this is not the first time I’ve included a tl;dr in my post. and tbh, this was more for my pleasure than anything. It’s quite satisfying organizing my thoughts and writing them down (I try, at least). Being a bum takes a toll on my ability to write anything.

SAY YES TO CLASS RESET :slight_smile:

3 Likes