Tree of Savior Forum

Allow 1 to 1 token trading to F2P players!

Sir Beef: “Hey bro I bought you a token here it is”
Cowboy: “whoa thx!”
Sir Beef: “let me just open a tr- oh ■■■■”
Cowboy: “???”
Sir Beef: “Let me give you some silver so you can but it on market - oh wait”
Cowboy: “lets go play league”
Sir Beef: “good idea”

This should never, ever happen. It’s ridiculous and awful. There needs to be a mechanism for gifting tokens to your f2p friends. The same amount of tokens are getting bought and used, so it isn’t like this change would decrease sales and revenue.

What this change would improve is the ability of veteran players to hook their friends into the game.

This change would not promote gold selling any more than the current system because, as things are now, anyone willing to buy gold at level 1 can just buy a token legitimately and then make an illegitimate transaction with a gold seller.

Speaking of which, if things remain as they are, I hope the ToS GM team has the tools necessary to search for one-token buyers who suddenly receive tons of silver. Half of those transactions will be connected to bot farms.

5 Likes

What is this “token” thingy?

Tokens will make F2P players look as 3d Class Citizens anyway. I’m not talking about P2W here, before anyone start complaining, but these are facts.

Bonuses Token provides are incredible. Sure, you can buy them with in-game currency, but they cost almost 2m silver each in Korea now. Which obviously means that early and mid-game are more or less doomed for pure F2P players.

So such thing as a gift would be a welcoming start.

I the only feature i think should be available w/o tokens is 1:1 trade.
Unless you are trading rare items THEN it should require a token.

1 Like

Their whole point of only allowing 1:1 trading was to reduce goldseller bots since they would become abit more useless. So allowing 1:1 again would make their point invalid I guess. But you make a good point about making tokens tradeble in away. Maybe they could add a “Gift to” option like steam has.

Im agree with your suggestion.

All they need to do is remove the ability to trade Silver (Which they already did) if the issue is fighting gold-sellers. They even added a limit to how many times you can use the Trade per month/token.

The Korea playerbase may be able to put up with it, but that absolutely won’t pass without civil war over here.

Ye it’s confusing to say the least. Tbh I have never encountered anything like it in any MMO i played. And I played alot.

This is a good idea. Maybe purchase and gift it directly from Steam? Like, instead of buying TP and then buy the token in-game, buy the token from steam and use the gift option to send it directly to a friend.

Plz stop with that nonsense.
On farmeurchinois.com, I can buy 2m silver for real money. How does it happen ?
I put my order. Site tells me to sell 1 Dilgele for 2600000 silver (tax is 30% right ?) on market. Gold seller buy it. ~WhAt A dEaL~

So what are tokens for ?

1 Like

I’ve heard somewhere that items now have a min-max price range, meaning that you can’t list something useless as a high priced item. Can someone confirm this?

I was not defending them :stuck_out_tongue: I was just stating what they claimed was there reasoning :slight_smile: I would very much like trading as I am used to it from other MMO’s.

Also I did not know you could do that for silver. I never really needed gold/zeny/silver/whetever in games so I never bothered looking up how it would work.

Not to mention that Megaphones cost TP anyway

There is a solution, but you won’t be satisfied with it. Most likely.
It is possible for IMC to allow buying tokens directly with steam wallet and store them in steam inventory, trade it to friends on steam. Ingame you should be able to redeem tokens from steam inventory (which will delete steam inventory item and create GM message with token in the lodge).
There is a drawback for you. I highly doubt region restrictions can be applied to inventory items (except gifts). Which means token’s price will be same for everyone.