Tree of Savior Forum

Alice in Wonderland is coming

funny people keep insisting on the word “overall”, as if somehow 7% of single digit FPS will bring it to above 10

6 Likes

Thing is, you’re misinterpreting the 7% increase.

There are drastic perfomance changes in that optimization, but only limited to a few certain things. Things like the stuttering of updating quest log or stuttering due to many graphical effects in screen will get a lot better (see and analyze the specific charts for those two things, they got improved a lot). Obviously, that does not fix core issues such as low fps during GvG or world bosses, because that still depends on many other problems. I believe that’s an initiative they took just to show they are still trying to fix the problem.

The 7% increase there should be interpreted as something more along the lines of: “While playing for a whole hour, X amount of minutes stay within the 30~60 fps range. With the new optimization, X + 7% amount of minutes stay within that same range.”

It’s not a percentage based off fps, but a percentage based off some tests they did.

5 Likes

look like they are working on Rank 8 to bring it to iTOS soon so I won’t expect anything big in this maintenance. let’s hope in the next maintenance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Inb4 we all misinterpret the charts and it improves nothing because IMC only tested it in local LAN environment and not international 200 ping

Huehue?

4 Likes

Those are graphical optimizations they made. I don’t see how internet latency changes anything.

Because they somehow ignored common sense and made the engine to wait for data before rendering frames?

I have no idea who is right, I just repost huehuehuehue

3 Likes

This is a battle you’re not going to win. Not because of logic, but because they only want to shitpost about it. It’s like trying to talk to a brick wall to get it to go to prom with your sister.

That said, if I interpreted the graphs correctly, they simply decreased the loop timer for actions to register in the game itself; animations, probably how the quest book and the map both grind your game to a screeching halt, and other ■■■■. We’ll just see how well implemented it is animation wise to boost any FPS at all.

But most of all, I hope it doesn’t get retconned in updates after the next one.

6 Likes

-Optimization Measures
-layers will only need to protect the ‘Torch’ for 1 minute instead of 3 minutes.

such white knight, 7% wow, tell me that they changed their network code to UDP protocol and everyone will notice that. Also I’m talking about stuff like the locked crystals and the character face on item window for certain cosmetics.

4 Likes

oh really 7%, a new loading screen would be better to mention. and 2 mins of afk at torch is nothing.

Is still 7% better.

You know, that thorch part is the most boring section… people just AFK during the whole 3 mins… and this is an indirect buff for battle tomes.

1 Like

Hurray for 7%
or a new bug…

u know what else i’d like to see 7%?

Rank8 rework lower-rank skill to scale by Str/INT 7%

also Item Transcend weapon scale with Str/Int 7%

also my income raise by 7%

i’ve been following the update for the last three week
FFS there’s absolutely no big update to get moist about
no class balance, no serious bug issue fixed, no buff, no information on rank8, no real core changes!
3-4 WEEK PEOPLE ! IMC DEV game is weak.

3 Likes

Did u just say AFK?!
Death to all that AFKs in torch mission.

4 Likes

Dont be asking for cosmetics or you will have all the black knights swarming. They dont like it when people buy things.

2 Likes

I would like a horse head cosmetic.

3 Likes

asking the real costume question…

wheres my horse head ?

5 Likes

Why can’t we just get rid of the protect the torch event?
I don’t care for the tiny bits of exp and silver I can gain from them.
I’m sure most of us just want to kill the bosses, leave and do another run.

i would like IMC to increase the monster spawn to 1000%

that would be fun torching time!

4 Likes