Tree of Savior Forum

Alice in Wonderland is coming

And nothing of the customs of Alice in Wonderland or something new aaaaa I can not stand it IMC!

Customs of Alice in Wonderland

LMAO what???

Costumes aaaaaaaaaaa

3 Likes

You’ve been saying this for a while…you must be really excited for the Wonderland stuff…

Like I said on my thread

• No new cosmetics
  • No word on rank 8 or kpatch
  • Fixing stuff nobody even noticed because is irrelevant
6 Likes

Improving performance is stuff nobody even notice? Cool story bro :wink:

1 Like

7% is sad, nobody even noticed

1 Like

its 7% of overall peformance. Read whole thing :wink:

Lets see if will improve anything on GvG before the trashtalk.

7% more of the 13 fps I have in town would be nothing. And the 60-220 fps outside of towns are enough for me. What I need is a far better input response. Just try to play Quarrel and compare it with videos from korea. I swear they have the same attrack frequency like me with A2 Kneeling Shot stance.

3 Likes

funny people keep insisting on the word “overall”, as if somehow 7% of single digit FPS will bring it to above 10

6 Likes

Thing is, you’re misinterpreting the 7% increase.

There are drastic perfomance changes in that optimization, but only limited to a few certain things. Things like the stuttering of updating quest log or stuttering due to many graphical effects in screen will get a lot better (see and analyze the specific charts for those two things, they got improved a lot). Obviously, that does not fix core issues such as low fps during GvG or world bosses, because that still depends on many other problems. I believe that’s an initiative they took just to show they are still trying to fix the problem.

The 7% increase there should be interpreted as something more along the lines of: “While playing for a whole hour, X amount of minutes stay within the 30~60 fps range. With the new optimization, X + 7% amount of minutes stay within that same range.”

It’s not a percentage based off fps, but a percentage based off some tests they did.

5 Likes

look like they are working on Rank 8 to bring it to iTOS soon so I won’t expect anything big in this maintenance. let’s hope in the next maintenance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Inb4 we all misinterpret the charts and it improves nothing because IMC only tested it in local LAN environment and not international 200 ping

Huehue?

4 Likes

Those are graphical optimizations they made. I don’t see how internet latency changes anything.

Because they somehow ignored common sense and made the engine to wait for data before rendering frames?

I have no idea who is right, I just repost huehuehuehue

3 Likes

This is a battle you’re not going to win. Not because of logic, but because they only want to shitpost about it. It’s like trying to talk to a brick wall to get it to go to prom with your sister.

That said, if I interpreted the graphs correctly, they simply decreased the loop timer for actions to register in the game itself; animations, probably how the quest book and the map both grind your game to a screeching halt, and other ■■■■. We’ll just see how well implemented it is animation wise to boost any FPS at all.

But most of all, I hope it doesn’t get retconned in updates after the next one.

6 Likes

-Optimization Measures
-layers will only need to protect the ‘Torch’ for 1 minute instead of 3 minutes.

such white knight, 7% wow, tell me that they changed their network code to UDP protocol and everyone will notice that. Also I’m talking about stuff like the locked crystals and the character face on item window for certain cosmetics.

4 Likes

oh really 7%, a new loading screen would be better to mention. and 2 mins of afk at torch is nothing.