Tree of Savior Forum

Alchemist 👉 Tincturing VS Briquetting 👈

@Yamashio

I’m no alchemist but wouldn’t briquetting become interesting if you can afford it?

Considering it at level 15, on those 290+ weapons, with high levels of transcendence (which I don’t know if interacts with briquetting though) it might add quite a decent amount of atk/matk.

Yes like moises said, even a 10% enhancement would be great on top of transcendence. In the large scheme of things the cost of biquetting is nothing compared to say… going from stage 7-8 in transendence. Consider a 10% enhancement as going from stage 7-7.5, which is worth like 70mil lol

You mean to say you’d rather risk losing up to 14.5% of that weapon’s attack AND losing 1 potential per attempt then trying to grind it?

It’s all nice and cozy if it succeeds and you’re talking like it’ll succeed a 100% of the time.

Honestly I don’t really think you guys thought on the consequences of a failure here. If 7~7.5 is worth 70mil, means if you lose 7~7.5 you’d have lost 70mil.

2 Likes

@Yamashio

What he is comparing is how hard it is to get some +% matk on your weapons through transcendence and how viable it still is.

IF the briquet bonus is multiplied by transcendence, than it is on a whole new scale of good. But even if it’s not, you are considering briquet on a weapon already enhanced, but if you get a nice briquet, level 6~7 matk gems, good awaken and enough transcendence you don’t even have to upgrade it too much to reach very good matk values.

What I mean is, briquetting is not an early game feature, but a feature that can bring tradeable weapons to a level where they can compete with those untradable ones.

Seriously, each 100% attribute for rank 8 costs ~320m, buying a couple of +0 weapons to make a finely briquetted one and THEN enhance it is NOT that costly.

Well, I don’t play an alchemist, but for personal or guild uses, I really think briquetting could provide a good matk boost.

Probably, if you are into taking your time to craft potions, it can make you an easier and bigger profit, but it’s not like potions are expensive or hard to find anyways.

you still have to play with the fearsome rng. @_@… Because it goes both way…

Currently stills costs 1 pot (atm market - 1 pot after trade on use) gotta wait for at least the ktos patch to hit so that potential won’t drop when being sold… Else it is not really worth it since + 7.5% - - 7.5%(Or -12 ~ 12) is a huge gamble for 1 pot. If it lands any lower than a 5% it’s pretty much meh.

Well either this is more towards the ultra max mins… If you huge amount to spare i see why not…

Briquet scales on base weapon atk.
That means it doesn’t scale on transcendence nor anvil upgrading.
Briquet is RNG like Anvil Upgrading.
Briquet has worse RNG than Anvil Upgrading, even at lvl15.
Briquet is worse than Anvil Upgrading.
Dot.

It does adds into the base after briqueting is done… so it technically does scale into transcend

So you technically need something like a +18 ( or higher to be worth that 1 pot you used up on higher tiers)

Let me just say. You need to stop responding people like they are in 5th grade. Make it simple.

I understand all that mate don’t bother explaining it over and over. It’s the second time.

I am considering everything here.
Thing is. People won’t pay top dolar for an attempt that could potentially ruin their weapon. It’s like Awakening. People want to pay cheap. Sure there are exceptions to the rule, but anything related to gamble can’t be charged a huge amount of silver.

Do I think the skill has potential to make god tier weapons, yes I do.
Now, would you pay 30mil for an attempt that may give you 14% OR -14%? Well that’s a whole new level of gambling.

I still think people won’t really be willing to risk that much for a 50/50 chance to either ruin their weapons or make it godlike.

Since anvil upgrading will reduce potential on failure but will not reduce the weapon’s attack, that is the obvious choice.

I feel people might min-max and risk it all though so I’m not saying nobody would do it. I’m saying it’d be so rare that by the time you got that huge chunk of money on an attempt you’d probably have made twice as much selling level 15 potions.

Cause I’m assuming C3 will be when our profit margin will finally increase unless people are stupid enough to sell Lv15 SPs for the same price they are selling lvl10s just because it uses the same amount of mats to craft them.

C1 Alchs can’t really make money off potions because lv10s are so cheap that the margin to compete in the market with Lv5s is REALLY low. I’m talking something around 15% profit tops. While lv10s are giving around 40% profit. Meanwhile Pardoners are selling buffs non-stop and making 200~500% a pop.

Yes, Briquetting is good if you do it yourself, of course, but paying for that service won’t be really a thing. Unless they give Briquetting a store like Gem Roasting. And a merchant class that can’t really sell it’s services is in need of adjustments.

Ok, potions can make more profit, I agree to that.

I am most likely going to search my whole life (and never find it) for someone to briquet me level 290 weapons though.

Sorry if you didn’t like the way I spoke, I understand you are a good alchemist and I don’t think I know more about the class than you.

I’m just saying, for making profit you are probably better off with a Pardoner and farming silvers yourself, Potions are easily bought and Briquetting becomes a unique sort of “transcendence” (much CHEAPER than transcendence if you reroll 2 cubes 2 times a day, which people DO).

1 Like

Kinda why you biquette first, then consider anything else. For enhancements you could always use golden anvils (they should fix the bug soon).
Pple who cant afford biquetting cant afford high tier transendence either.
Pple who can afford high tier transendence can definitely afford biquetting.

PS - this isnt to comment about biquetting as a business but rather your original quote "You mean youd rather risk losing up to 14.5% of that weap’s atk AND 1 pot per attempt than trying to grind it"
Yes, biquetting is quite a ways cheaper in my eyes.

It is but it might cost you way more in terms of potential loss.
As I said the service is worth it if you have your own Alchemist to do stuff yourself cause then you don’t really need to pay for attempts. But as a ways to make money the skill is not good.

And since the Alchemist’s overall potential to make money is very limited I think revision should be in order.

Honestly just the ability to open a shop would make it better since right now alchemists are the only merchant class that needs to advertise on Shouts about it’s services to make decent money.

As long as they fix golden anvils potential shouldnt be much of an issue. Unless im missing something 0_0
Leave 3 for sockets.

If you want a top notch weapon you need more. You should upgrade it until +12 for golden anvils, briquette it, open sockets and if there is still potential left, awaken it.

Golden anvils are fixed and working as intended actually. Just that you can only use it at 0 potential O_o…

Oh, then it should be the other way around, do everything and then +12 for golden anvils. lol

o ya forgot it didnt work until +12 rip
If thats the case it would definitely depend on how hard the weapon is to get.
Id say if the weapon is under 10mil its worth briquetting. Depending on how long IMC takes for future expantions it could be a long long term weapon :V
If its over 10mil… might still be worth if you keep your expectations low haha.
Even a +5% on a 600 matk weapon is worth like +2 enhancements

Yup. briquette is the last push but only for those who is able to afford to play Max Min… with C3. Else just hammer + 10 transcend is fine. Unless you have a thing with glowing objects then i bid you the best in it.

Oh yeah. I’d definitely briquette a weapon that’s not too expensive.
But I still think that the skill needs more market reach.

You can’t just go to a town and click an Alchemist to briquette your weapon. I understand why It doesn’t work like that for Awakening and that’s fine but Briquetting not having a store bugs me the most.

True, there is the glow effect. Rofl. Gotta give some props to that am I rite?

Which is more towards end game actually(the real end game).

ATM only staffs and 2h base is able to reach that amount. Since it only affects the base…

Hammer on 290 tiers is actually better in this case, but yea… it’s up to one to gamble their luck if they want to but it is a hassle currently.

Ikr who doesn’t like shiny glowing red / golden objects =X.

That’s a good suggestion though on store for briquetting. Who wants to go through a hassle for just briquetting lel…

1 Like