Tree of Savior Forum

Alchemist Lounge

Lounge for fellow Alchemist and discussion, this is where we help each other so we can know more about the class.

So let’s begin I wasn’t able to play CBT yet so all my knowledge is from researching :stuck_out_tongue:

Introduction for Alchemist

Alchemist is a wizard class specialized in crafting. The Alchemist specializes in the craft of consumable items, mostly potions. Crafting takes a lot of time in Tree of Savior, some items take up to several hours to craft. While crafting items, alchemists cannot partake in any other activities. An alchemist engaged in crafting will continue to craft the item even when logged out of the game. Your crafting station will still be visible in-game.

So, much time and effort should be spent on crafting items. So if you see Alchemists on the road who are burning, boiling, squeezing ingredients, send them a word of cheers.

SKILLS

Gem Roasting

Gems that can be obtained in dungeons give various stat boosts when they are inserted into sockets. Some stats improve, but others decrease. For example, one gem when inserted into a weapon socket gives +27 attack damage, but -10 accuracy. You will be able to mitigate the effects of these penalties by engaging in Gem Roasting. In the example, the accuracy penalty will be improved from -10 to -3.

Players will be able to enhance their Gems by using Alchemist’s Gem Roasting Shop (presumably while the alchemist is offline).

Briquetting

Also known as weapon enhancing. Every weapon has “potential” which indicates how many times it can be enhanced. Enhancing an item can change its min and max damage. For example, a scimitar has a base damage range of 59 - 72. An alchemist can combine a saber and some ore with the scimitar to enhance the scimitar’s damage. The new damage range would be [54-63] - [66-77] and the scimitar’s potential decreases by one.

Tincturing

Alchemist can also extract juice from herb items and create potion items using the juice.

Some of the items that were introduced during CBT1 such as potions to increase your movement speed, decrease your cool-down time, etc. can only be crafted by Alchemists and can’t be obtained by other means. For smooth testing during CBT1, they were temporarily sold at one of the shops in the game.

The number of kinds of potions that can be crafted will increase based on the level of Tincturing skill, and these potions’ stats will also increase.

Item Awakening

Alchemist can use an item as a medium to create a portal to a two-dimensional dungeon. After clearing a mission there, the hidden options of the item will be activated. The number of players that can participate in this mission increases as the skill level increases. As more people participate this mission, it can be cleared more easily. A listed example was a gladius with an awakening option which granted [Strength +10] upon dungeon clear.

Magnum Opus

There are items in the game that can only be crafted by alchemy since they can’t be obtained through Shops or monsters. Alchemist can craft these items using its distinct skill called “Magnum Opus”.

You can use this skill when you place ingredient items on the Craft Plate. The items that will be created as a result of this skill will vary depending on what kind of ingredient items you used and the locations of those items on the plate.

As the skill level increases, the size of the plate will enlarge and you could also deploy various manuals on the plate to create multiple items simultaneously.

It could take from a few seconds to a few hours.

Combustion

Explode your item on the ground to attack enemies.

Credit to : http://toswiki.treeofsaviorgame.com/class/alchemist

So all of the alchemist out there come and share your experiences playing this class and what path or builds you’ve already tried. :smile:

1 Like

Incoming wall of text, but here’s an excerpt from one of my CBT3 reviews plus a few other things. Hope this helps. :smile:

Alright, time for a little intro to Alchemist. Note that I’ve only managed to test, Magnum Opus (sort of…) Gem Roasting and Tincturing so far.

http://i.imgur.com/XhHN94N.jpg

^ First up is Gem Roasting, which is likely going to be one of your two money making skills. Pressing the skill button opens up this shop interface where you can enter the shop’s name, and the price for your Gem Roasting service. You need 1 Calcite every time you roast a gem, so stock up on those when you afk with the shop open. Calcite is bought from the Alchemist Master for 3k each. You have to open up this shop to roast your own gems, and of course, you do not need to pay any silver yourself (except the 3k from the Calcites you bought).

http://i.imgur.com/erB37x2.jpg

^ And this is what the interface looks like when you open it. Your customers will also see this same interface with the exception of how many Calcite you have left and the Record tab. The Record tab shows who bought your service and it also has the Close button when you want to close the shop. Currently, lv 5 Gem Roasting is powerful enough to reduce a Lv 4 gem’s stat penalty to 0.

http://i.imgur.com/GLxDP9F.jpg

^ Tincturing is your second money making skill. You unlock new potion recipes upon leveling up the skill or via attributes from the Alchemist Master. The potion level you create depends on the level of the skill, and in some cases, the level of the attribute as well.

http://i.imgur.com/Zg3sWQq.jpg

^ Currently, these are all the attributes available for Alchemists. Of course, you should expect more in the future.

http://i.imgur.com/pS28Z4t.jpg

^ All items currently available from the NPC shop. Note that not all of the herbs required to make potions are in there, so you have to buy them from other players, or hunt them yourself.

https://youtu.be/OdoAlhuCofo

^ Here’s a video for demonstration purposes.

http://i.imgur.com/4GPxe7a.jpg

^ Magnum Opus is really confusing right now as I haven’t found any clues to correct combinations. Apparently, you can put any items inside, so guessing is not an option. If you fail, nothing happens and you just get a “incorrect combination” message.

http://i.imgur.com/kmQBJsK.jpg

^ Alchemist quest. Objective is to defeat the Werewolf. I’ve fought this boss before in Plateau of Rex. Was easy then, still easy now.

A few other comments…

• The Alchemist does not need to be offline for other players to use the service.
  • There’s one attribute not shown in the 4th screenshot which was recently added. It allows Combustion to explode an area in front of you if there are no items around at the cost of 200 Silver.

^ This was the build I used in the ongoing kCBT3. (Well, it would have been if it weren’t for the wipe, lol) I mainly wanted to test the synergy between Pyromancer and Psychokino. The results went from okay, to almost terrible, so I probably won’t be using this build again until Psychokino gets some buffs.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Nice bro I’ve been an alchemist in RO1 love the afk leveling of the homunculus though alchemist here doesn’t have any pets I still love vending and coming back home with lots of money haha.

I really love the Gem Roasting and the Tincturing having 2nd thoughts getting awakening though at max lvl we can bring 4 more players to help us and get those weapon awakened and for the magnus opus not sure if I will be getting this one either, Briquetting can be a good money maker as well but its all about luck haha.

Im thinking going with this build bro can I get your feedbacks here ty.

The build is fine. I would get Ice Wall over Ice Blast and Subzero Shield though. That’s the only thing I’d change.

I played a weaker version of that build (C1 Cryo/C1 Linker) and it was pretty good for mobbing. Joint Penalty + Hangman’s Knot + Ice Pike was a sure way for me to one shot an entire group. :smile:

Nice Thanks for the feedback haha, I think we’re the only alchemist here o_O

I can see it now while working Im earning money in game hahaha AFK everyday haha.

Magnum Opus still not work yet.
Here’s my thread about all alchemist skill if you interested.

PS: Update and change in extend test won’t be include in that thread because of NDA.

Not exactly an alchemist question, but I’m curious about what you found wrong with the pyro-psycho synergy. I’ve been considering a build similar to the one you used.

Well, idk about him, but I used to play Pyro + Psycho on the early days of the beta, droped for Cryo + Psych (before Fire Ball + Pressure “nerf”) and now after the wipe I went back to Pyro + Psycho.

I like this combo and think it’s pretty good. For some reasons Pressure pushing FB was not really a nerf, the problem was FB’s base damage nerf, which also makes the “fireworks” from the combo weaker.

But I agree with Psycho needing a buff. Teleportation is the most useless skill in the game and Magnetic Force is underwhelming with such high cooldown (and it doesn’t even feel like a “psychic” skill, lol)

Yeap I did read your post already and hope we would be able to post more details about that once the skill is functional.

Well how about you @Satoru what do you think about the skill build that I posted since you already tried playin the game.

Firstly, you could made just one reply for me and Tsuyucchi (you used @name for me, but also the reply button, which is overkill, lol).

Anyways, as for the build it depends on what you expect to do. For now Psycho should go C1 or C3 and either one is fine (tho needing some tweaks as you know), but going Psy C3 will leave you with few offensive options, which will be also gimped with your choice of going Alchemist.

If you are fine with that, go with your plan. If you think you would rather like more offensive options, take Psy C1 only and take different classes at Rank 4 and 5.
Maybe Pyro C2 and Cryo C1, or chose one of those and take Chrono at Rank 5 if you feel like getting more utility again.

Nice thanks for the info, just getting use to the forums that’s all.

I’ve been a regular forum members in all of the games that I played though this forums is quite different from the others so it takes time to get used to it since I also have a job now so hahaha less play time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well thanks about the guide that you posted earlier it will help future alchemist like us excel in the world of TOS.

Changed my skill build a bit here it is guys.

Just asking but why do you need Surespell? None of your skills really requires it unless somehow Psychic Pressure cancels when you get attacked? Otherwise I don’t really see a reason for it. Mind explaining?

I’m also confused with Ice Blast as a skill considering that you need the enemy to be frozen and you have to be facing the enemy to use it for an okay damage AoE which seems to be surpassed by even a level 5 Earthquake in CD and SP cost. It may be a good skill for all I know because I never made a Cryomancer and I only know that the Pyromancer version of it Flare, sucks.

BTW if you didn’t know, Teleportation is random and you don’t choose where you go so it might be the best getaway skill ever or … you could teleport right next to the guy you were running from :smiley:

Everything else I’m fine with but those skills confuse me and I’d like some reason why you’re taking them so I might include them in my own builds :heart:

Surespell is okay for Energy Bolt, Lethargy, Sleep and Ice Bolt since those have cast bars, but it’s way better if you’re going Elementalist. I don’t know if it can stop Ice Wall and Psychic Pressure from being interrupted though. The latter skill can be interrupted but has no cast bar. (You can maintain it as long as you have SP or get hit once)

Ice Blast sucks…for now. Get Ice Bolt instead.

Level 5 Telekinesis is…a little bit bad in terms of damage since it will only deal 3 hits.

Level 5 Swap…not necessary, but it can sometimes help if you need to switch multiple targets.

Level 5 Teleportation sucks in terms of distance. I can easily outrun it. By the way, you can control where you go by running towards the direction you want to go to.

And finally, Magnetic Force sucks. Small AoE range in addition to mobs sometimes running out of it somehow.

That is the best thing I’ve heard so far … too bad the distance sucks :confused: I generally thought that Teleportation in ALL games was supposed to be the most OP skill ever… even if it was random lol. Oh well, Running Swordsman FTW!

Teleport’s distance does get better the more you level it. It’s actually pretty good at Lv 10, and at 15, I can potentially teleport off-screen. The manual controlling is a bit weird for me though. I’m still not sure why I can’t reach maximum distance sometimes.

[quote=“Radeon, post:13, topic:41066”]
Changed my skill build a bit here it is guys.
[/quote]Err… I think you should do some research on this forum for discussions about Wizard classes, skill scaling/balance and such.
There are many choices you made that are considered bad at this moment that were talked about somehwere else…

[quote=“Kiyoshiro, post:15, topic:41066”]
Surespell is okay for Energy Bolt, Lethargy, Sleep and Ice Bolt since those have cast bars
[/quote]Energy and Ice Bolt are fast to fully charge. Sleep and Lethargy don’t need full charge to be cast.

I would also like to know if it works with PP tho.

[quote=“Kiyoshiro, post:15, topic:41066”]
By the way, you can control where you go by running towards the direction you want to go to.
[/quote]I saw someone saying this right after iCBT ended and tried on KR server. I am sure it doesn’t work (or was a bug that got fixed).
While under mouse control, neither mouse click or WASD were able to direct Teleportation’s path. It was always random.

The skill not only sucks hard, it got nerfed with a bigger cooldown at the start of KR test server too, lol.

Yeap that’s why I’m searching and still learning and I’m asking you guys who already tried playing the game hopefully this coming CBT I will get a beta key.

I’ve been questioning sure spell at the back of my mind though thx for the feed back.

Still learning and reading all the guides about wizards. :stuck_out_tongue:

Heya I have a couple questions about briquetting and magnum opus:
For the weapon “potential” do you know if its a system that only applies to briquetting or does other forms of enhancement affect this counter as well?
Also for magnum opus, I know you mentioned that you’re not fully sure how it works, but any idea if allocating points in it will up rarity of stuff made? Or just the capability to make a few items at once? Thanks!