Tree of Savior Forum

Afk timer? might help social aspect

after hearing some responses >< how about after 10 mins it places a marker on you showing that you are afk. trying to talk to people but never knowing if they are afk or not is kinda annoying and puts you off from trying to talk to other people

1 Like

What’s wrong with people going afk? If you remember RO it was an essential thing to do. Go afk in Prontera.

Anyway I prefer people going afk over bots.

2 Likes

that’s not a bad thing you know, I do that myself sometimes to regen/wait for an attribute upgrade to finish

The only thing where I think it’s a problem is when there is only one channel and the map is full so you can’t enter it. Happened once for me when I wanted to go to Fedimian.

I like to tab out to look at stuff on the internet- typically related to ToS, usually beside a campfire so i can regen hp and not use some potions

im not talking about the people who afk by a campfire for 5-10 mins im talking about the people who are just logged on but havent been touched for 30 mins+.

and i also dont mean the main cities im just talking about there being a group of people in the field afk for long times

ok how about this then why not have it so it marks somone as afk if they have been afk for an extended period of time and then it just removes the mark when they move again

hm just remembered why people avoid voicing their opinion on the internet, thanks for reminding me why.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with people going afk?

< there is nothing wrong with people going afk i am just saying that it kinda causes an mmo to lose the massively multiplayer aspect when you see a group of people go to say something and nobody is there

So you are saying you rather have an empty map ?

OMG I JUST WANNA KNOW IF SOMONE IS THERE OR IF IM TRYING TO TALK TO AN EMPTY BOX…

is this an impossible topic or what ><

ITT: “People don’t talk to me when they afk so they aren’t allowed to afk”

you actually talk to people when not in a party? Uploading…

… does nobody here want to actually talk to people? is everyone just playing this as a single player game?

look, I’ve been too harsh on you and I don’t have anything against you genuinely wanting to interact with other players

that being said, making them logoff when they are afk is NOT the solution, you are only getting in people’s way.

I think a good idea might be an afk cloud forming over their heads if they afk for some time

uhhhh did you see the post i said about marking someone as afk? i said that when everyone reacted badly to it logging people off. D: i was just saying my opinion

this was the post mmmmmmmmmmmm those 20 chars

I would suggest changing the title and subject of the thread then (to something less extreme like ‘AFK timer’), or else many people are going to have the same are-you-for-real reaction

OMG IM DUMB ENOUGH TO NOT NOTICE THAT THIS GUY IS AFK -_- :sweat:

Seriously man ? you see a person in a field sitting you speak to him and he doesn’t repond for like 10sec you should know that guy is Afk…sometimes i agree i’ts kinda annoying when some people doesn’t reply to me but still you should notice things on your surroundings…Don’t see me wrong i respect your opinion and have a good day :grinning: