Tree of Savior Forum

AFK necro/sorc/bokor is apparently back

You do realise the mod approval thing is only for new accs under 7 days old and its a very common basic automod/rule setting for a lot of subreddits.(you can see this from my earlier replies + screenshots)

Also we do generally try give the benefit of doubt to players, there are some people who have botlike names but arent bots and play quite abit doing daily raids, velcos, fued and other content. This is an unfortunate circumstance for one specific player(only joined for 1-3 days) who broke the rules out of 82 others who didnt.

Of course as shown, i deal with offenders appropriately.

captchas could be an interesting idea as long as it doesnt affect regular gameplay for normal players, it will probably filter out the longer time afk farmers.

However for the people who leave their tos client alt tabbed and check back every 20 mins or so, it probably wont do much to them.

The core of the problem seems to be the fact that zombies can kill monsters to spawn other zombies. IMC probably has to look at the skill and implement some kind of restriction or change to make it not able to afk farm with it.

Actually the pillar thing also probably needs to be looked at(not getting aggroed/hit on pillars).

Its quite a difficult topic though since skill changes probably wont stop the macrobots, but those are against 3rd party rules and technically should be banned if found

CAPTCHA should only come up in HG areas, so normal Klai afkers won’t be affected. Also CAPTCHA should come on every 15 or so, with a 2 minute time limit to solve. (Regardless if you’ve been afk or not) This to prevent macro users from avoiding it. CAPTCHA also shouldn’t be too complex, maybe only 3 letters or so, so it won’t burden regular farmers.

more like all fields except towns, otherwise bots will just do their thing outside of HG areas

that’s gonna be way too annoying for people playing the game though, even if it’s simple (i’ve been on a private RO server that had something like this, and it was really bad when trying to get 1% or less drops)

good lord no to captchas in a videogame, just more anti-bot measures that end up pissing off customers. Its a non-fix done instead of properly supporting and monitoring your game

Can’t remember the game, but they had a captcha-like pop up that happened while farming. Once completed, it gave extra materials/currency so it never really bothered me much. Not saying that’s the best solution, but a captcha can be done in a way that feels like a bonus, and not a punishment.

2 Likes

In the case users use macro, now ppl can report it (Macro), for now, it’s not even macro or bots, if ur zombies strong enough, u can leave them peacefully, and just as I said, it’s considered as “rest/AFK” mode. And since zombie need to zombify to resummon again, it will be same as necro/sorc currently (which u use macro to resummon skeletons, grimmore summons), but I didnt see them much (I didnt say no one) until bokor issue now.
I dont know why zombify to resummon again count as nerf though.

The Captcha “solution” is just another annoyance to people that are actually playing the game, which is what drove so many away from the game in the first place. Many of the complaints with early Tree of Savior was about how inconvenient all the “anti-bot” measures were that ended up impacting the players much more than the bots. Even to this day there are trade restrictions that are supposed to prevent bots that just serve as an annoyance for normal players.

What we actually need is customer service that cares about the game. We need GMs that will actually follow through on reports and ban bots or exploiters. It’s clear from the beginning that the anti-bot design of the early game was made so that IMC could save costs by not needing to employ GMs, they also save costs by outright ignoring legitimate customer service reports and responding with automated messages. It’s not even like bots are particularly clever in this game. I dare you to go to Iotheo Coast or Zeteor Coast. Every single day you will see the exact same bots, no matter how many reports you put in, no matter how valid your report, no matter what evidence you provide, you will get the same canned response of “we’re looking into it”.

We = 1 part-time staff that IMC can afford to pay with the amount of players in TOS.

I gave up on the idea of more human fighting bots a long time ago. Automatic mechanism should be implemented.

Captcha is probably worth trying. It can be done in a way not annoying most players. Everything has exception. All solutions will annoy some people. Just how many. If you are annoyed, it doesn’t mean other people will.

You would think this issue would of came up when they started working on changing classes in rebuild. It’s almost like they wanted this AFK class to be in game.

climbing on top of a pillar to avoid all enemy attacks is the crux of the issue here not summoning classes. Reasonable players report it to IMC and don’t do it. The shitters exploit it.

While I hate minion classes personally im fine with them being in the game.

There was a time when Chaplain was the class of choice for botters, if people want to break the game the class they choose to do it with isn’t all that relevant.

The problem is that they go to the easiest one that is to nerfar the class making it practically useless, even if nerfem Bokor / Necro / Sorcer up to the stalk or draw, who uses bot goes to another class … The problem is not in the class, but in the way the IMC sees the problem … I do not know if you remember the time of the Warlok and their infinite spirits, the IMC sniffed up to the stalk and where the bots went?

i’ve been screenshotting alotta the people abusing this, I doubt IMC will take any action against them though

1 Like

No one in Klaipeda should be surprised that Melody members are the largest offenders of exploiting the game when they continue to do it time and time again, brazenly. Then when you call them out on it, they deflect with their Boruta achievements, call you a white knight, or attempt to smear you by claiming you are running scripts to knock them off the pillar.

Anyone in their guild with a spine should either leave or call them out internally for being terrible.

Tick-Tock

1 Like

we dont deflect only for the Boruta achievements And dont forget the easy 1 in WB, all +16 wepon and good equip. aaa the importa part all atribute 100.
now you can continue hating us #salt # getgood, talking in the forum wont make you get better in the game Keyboard warrio!!!

Dont forget we take 50% more damage.

ktos devs already commented that the 50% more damage wasn’t enough of a deterrent - also that is helping you to kill the boss faster with r7x so if anything its a benefit to you.

all +16 wepon and good equip

must be easy to get that afking for silver all day

ToS is finger-pointing competition

my guild would never hack or cheat, but we do speak spanish
estoy aprendiendo español

2 Likes

Dont worry i make all my silver from the easy 1 in WB and selling items from my 8 velco party that i run.
i just know how too make silver in the game i dont need to afk i dont even have one. #salt #getgood.
#youneedtoomakeanotherargument. Keaboard warrior master :smiley:

Were you around for TeamAqua exploiting WB too?

:rofl:

Some next level damage control going on.
Here’s a link describing what you do at literally any given moment.