Tree of Savior Forum

Advice on solo/party build

Hi guys,
I need some advice on which build would be more viable in the long run.
I mainly level solo, however I intend to participate in more party/dungeon runs as I have a fixed group of people to play with.

My current build is Wiz -> Pyro -> …?
I’m running with 3:1 INT:CON stats
below are some builds i’ve come up with, or found on the net.

To be honest, I can’t really decide on featherfoot or warlock. I initially wanted Necro but after finding out how the class actually works, i got turned off.

My builds:

Saw this online:

You should roughly know what I’m aiming for.
It’d be cool if you guys could offer some suggestions on some builds!

I dont really like current Sorc state. There is a lot of QQ from Sorc players. It is still playable fine but I recommend to read threads before going Sorc.

I think WIz3 + Link3 + Feather is better in term of endgame.
TBH all DPS builds are better with wiz3, but pain to level.
Link3 is good for endgame, as you always farm party and usually have full CON player (tank or support), cord will shine here. Your DPS come from Feather skills alone, Im not sure how pyro2 damage is viable in earth tower.

Otherwise your fist build is fine. You can replace 1 linker with pyro3 or Thau 2. I like Link3 or Link1, not sure about how Link2 is useful.

1 Like

Pyro needs c3 if you want it do be your main attacking class - late game c2 probably wont suffice, unless its connected with kino2/3. Well just read this -> hyperlinkshould help a lot - i know it did help me :wink:

@krajkwitnacejwisni I don’t think this document is very accurate. You can see the “Double fire” build (wiz > pyro C3 > chrono C3) on the Pyromancer section it has one set of ratings while in the Chronomancer section it has different ratings for the categories(some higher).

Also the rating should be between 1-5 so why the “fire elementalist” build has 6 on DPS?

Who made this and when was it made? Is it based on KR version or ours?
Imo the only thing it might be useful for is to see the class combos one could pick but you don’t really need a table for that. The simulator is enough to figure it out.

I don’t know who made this or when, and I’m aware that numbers on the right side are quite screwed up, however as far as i know the main things (basic class description, pros, cons and best builds for each class) are still viable and pretty acurate.

@krajkwitnacejwisni I see. I saw the link to this doc going around lately and was curious about it.

@waynekhr Sry OP for going off topic earlier.

Regarding your builds:
1st build: I think for thaumaturge you should go circle 2. That way you get most of the swell left and right arm buffs (except +145 INT which is at c3). This works very well with pyro due to the multihits of fire skills. Featherfoot go only if you think you need more sustain for solo (although restricted by mob types). IMO warlock is better overall for rank 7, although I don’t really like any of the options we have so far.

2nd and 3rd: I think getting sorc C2 is better since you can control the summon better. Regarding featherfoot read above.

But this is only my opinin from what I read here on the forums about thaumaturge, sorc and feathrfoot since I’ve never played them before.
I have only tried the pyro/linker combo and I know it works well.

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice.
So I’m assuming it depends on what I’d like to do in the end.

Go Thauma2 with Pyro2 ?

What would you guys do if you were me?

In your place I would went with Chrono support build.

Wiz>Pyro c2>Link>Chrono c3.

Chrono c3 has better party buffs than Thaum c2 and will increase damage output of Pyro c2 with Pass. Just note that Pyro being R2 class can’t compare to higher rank offensive classes in terms of damage. Still you will be highly valued in parties thanks to JP, Quicken, Haste and Pass.

Wiz>Pyro c2>Link c3>FF was viable before Linkers HK got nerfed hard. Now it would be problematic to execute.

Wiz>Pyro c2>Link c1>Sorc c2>Warlock is a typical summoners build. You would have to like pet classes to deal with it’s technical drawbacks.

Oh good thought.

I’m really keen on having linker as part of my build as it really helps in party situations.

Haven’t really looked into Chronomancer at all.
Is it any good though?

I’m digging either the chrono build or the warlock direction. Was really keen on necros but not a fan of collecting jars

It’s top support. Besides all the buffs it can reincarnate bosses with 5% hp right after taking one down. This means you get the drop twice within 1 dungeon run.

More defensive and party oriented version is Cryo c3>Chrono c3 for ultimate crowd control. Performs great in PvP. It’s preferred for Earth Tower.
Linker>Chrono c3 is slightly more popular for other PvE content.

You know that you can buy jars with flesh from the NPC, right?

Had no idea actually.

Anyway thanks for the tips. I think I’m going to lean towards the chronomancer build.

What do you think of this build?

Think about cryo2-link1-chrono3 (instead of pyro 2) i think it will age a lot better (for late game and new content), and you can take some high dmg classes for ranks 8,9,10 - which would work nicely with linker and cryo cc.

That depends on how long he will play with just one character. Getting R10 update may take a year or longer. R8 might be within 6 months or so.

Pyro has a nice combo with Stop/Pass and is less dependant on party when questing.

I would take Cryo c3>Chrono c3 now instead of Cryo c2 and in the future decide what to add on top of it. Though someone that likes seeing damage will struggle with this build.

Surely - but he may decide later to go back to it. Pyro is great for early to mid lvling - but not so much later - i assume that if somebody ask for full build (r7) he’d rather stay long with one char - if someone want to exp to mid lvl (making pyro3 and then switching to another char - there is no point in build discussion xP)

Appreciate the input given by everyone.

However isn’t cyro/chrono basically full support?
I made the wrong choice of going pyro earlier and its too late to reroll another wizard.

I’d have to make do with what I have as I don’t want to relevel another wizard. If I’m rerolling, probably going for a tank instead

You may try pyro3->link2->war - however there may be better build for pyro …

This is what I’m going and it’s worked out wonderfully so far. You can sub in Linker 1 for pyro 3.

Imho - thrauma without c3 (int buff) isnt worth it.

Thau 2 brings a ton of party damage buffs, monster debuffs, reversi and 2x exp and item drops. I don’t know how that’s not worth it. I guess you could give up pyro 3/linker and get Thau 3 with warlock. But the build brings great damage in a party AND solo, plus supports the party as well.