Tree of Savior Forum

[ADDONS] Discontinued/Broken Addon Development

VGA crash still happens for me even though I’ve uninstalled chat extension. Did a search inside my Steam TOS folder for “chat” and found no addons, just one file labeled: chat_config_ so am going to assume I don’t have this addon installed.

VGA crash usually happens when loading into a new map. Especially town.

Reminds me of this old R8 bug.

4 Likes

Someone know where i find cloverfinder to remove it.

isant at %appdata%

looks like it didnt work, chat extend breake my game and thats sad :*(

It would seem we have a division on this Chat Extends issue. For many users it works fine after applying the recommended fixes, while for many others, it prevents them from accessing the game.

Can those of you experiencing problems provide as much information related to applying the “Visual Studio 2015” fix process as possible here? What steps did you take, what order, to get the game working with or without Chat Extends, etc.

My /idp stopped working. Anyone having issues as well?

Mine is working perfectly fine

Mine disappeared for some unknown reason… When I type /idp it shows back up again but only for one character. If I log out it disappears again.

I unninstalled it and installed back twice and the issues persists. Is there some command ingame other than /idp to try to fix this?

I recall other users reporting an issue with this a while back, but I don’t recall what the solution was… I’ll look into it.

3 Likes

Been running (fine) for days without Chat Extends because I was assuming the crash was happening to everyone so I was just checking for a new version update number in the addon manager.

Today I get the idea to see if you have performed your magic on it and I see you guys are talking about how it works now, so without scrolling further down:

Reinstalled it and instant crash…

–>as soon as it run the windows CMD prompt looking thing <----

So my situation is that my game runs fine with 41 Addons, my game runs fine with 0 Addons, if I add Chatexends to my game with 41 or 0 other addons that’s an instant crash.

I have no installed a new VS2015 since the news that we needed because after downloading it and trying to run it I simply received the “already present aborting install” type message.

Willing to try whatever you think might work over the course of the day, No amount of effort would stop me trying to get chatextends back up and running again.

I’m curious if Chat Extend’s functionality could be achieved without the use of the cmd batch that appears to be part of the loading process. I will speak to @LunarRabbit about this.

Tomorrow night brings weekly patch night. Please be on standby to report any broken or working addons.

Also, no update so far on Chat Extends or Enhanced Collections, afraid.

Are you holysnipz on github by the way? asking first before i double ask the same person.

A little bit late but I got this issue.

(posting here is the right place?)

I am not holysnipz, no.

And yes, feel free to post anything related to broken or fixed addons here.

Long story short i’d been helping a Japanese addon developer with bugs and more fluent English translation as he was starting to make his addons Japanese language only (from lack of input on his english versions perhaps?)

One of the mods simply did not work for me cold turkey but was working for him and another IToS user (sound familiar? same as ExtendChat)

Holysnipz comes along and one shots the problem rearranging just two lines in the code and it works now for everybody, when I went to check his github he had been making repositories of IToS addon makers that were no longer updating their addons so I thought it might have been you as you had been gathering addons and fixing them.

Admittedly, with my inexperience with the development language and my other obligations limiting the amount of time I have to self-educate myself on it, the only progress I’ve made thus far has been on those two fixes to NowPlaying and SimpleWarp, and the deprecated fix to ChatExtend.

I’d welcome anyone working towards the same goal as myself: Fixing broken and unsupported addons. If you would kindly point Holysnipz toward this thread it would be much appreciated.

Myterious stranger Holysnipz informs me to inform us that he(or she!) is aware of the thread already.

3 Likes

We can’t see the server population with Channel Surfer instaled

I would love for an addon that just remove or simplify skill effects. They lag me so much in dungeons.
If no one can do it, give me a link to any addon making tutorial and I get my way.

EDIT: Just found Warmode now.

https://github.com/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Community/Addon-Tutorial/wiki/Resources has the downloads for some bits at the bottom and then https://github.com/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Community/Addon-Tutorial/issues/1 some links and comments in here.

I’m not an addon dev, this is the best i could find for you at a quick glance, hope it helps and we see some addons from you soon :smiley: