Tree of Savior Forum

[ADDON] LKChat (Alpha)

No word from IMC on this add-on?

AFAIK not yet.
/20letras

It also auto-blocked my guildmaster today within 10 seconds of me logging in, and no we werenā€™t talking about gold and no urlā€™sā€¦

Published Alpha v0.6 on my repo tonight, as always please remember this is an Alpha.

Improved gold spam detection, should not longer trigger on players typing in an irregular pattern.
Rewrote spam detection for further message accuracy.
Fixed errors in detecting channel, friend, and player name.

Hey sorry about this, it should have never happened and was due to a failure on channel detection. Its now been resolved in my latest update.

After updating the addon a few times I tend to favor the Excrulon hook approach where the lua files are just in plain text under their own path.

Itā€™s somewhat annoying to have to rename the file everytime itā€™s extracted to the patch folder.

2 Likes

If I use Execrulonā€™s method, I loose 90% of my feature set. The issue I find with his method is among a few reasons.

1. I canā€™t reliably use client addon events, thus limiting what I can do. (On_Init, Loading, Guild Events, etc)
  2. I do not wish to modify an existing game package (ipf) or rely off of another modification which does that.

What zip program are you using?

On another note, just reuploaded v0.6, now properly displays v0.6 version tag in the config panel. Has some minor tweaks to gold spam detection.

1 Like

Mind taking a Screenshot of this config panel? I used you old version v4 I think it used to work great but after I downloaded your latest version I donā€™t see any anything in the system config (iā€™m assuming this is were it is) and typing /LKC does nothing

Yeah, this mod has so far generated a lot of false positives. Itā€™s blocking people who arenā€™t bots just for mentioning the bots.

This is actually a serious problem as innocent players are now being mass flagged as bots by a user-created modā€™s definitions of what constitutes a bot.

A user-defined mod is acting like a moderator.

Try restarting the game.

[quote=ā€œsemajarchmage, post:251, topic:208502, full:trueā€]
Yeah, this mod has so far generated a lot of false positives. Itā€™s blocking people who arenā€™t bots just for mentioning the bots.

This is actually a serious problem as innocent players are now being mass flagged as bots by a user-created modā€™s definitions of what constitutes a bot.

A user-defined mod is acting like a moderator.
[/quote]Iā€™ve ran many tests and havenā€™t seen a hit in my entire time using the addon on Live. I have spam detection set so unless a player is using gold selling phrases and structure they wonā€™t get hit. Iā€™d love to see some example text which is causing the flagging.

Block and Report as goldseller are diferent. In fact, the ā€œmodā€ has the ā€œauto-reportā€ feature disabled by default, so itā€™s not HIS fault that users active that.

Ah I see, didnā€™t realise some of your feature set relied on packing to ipf.

Iā€™m using 7zip, donā€™t plan on changing.

Packing is a requirement, otherwise I canā€™t utilize events.

No offense but your own criteria for what constitutes a bot or not a bot should not be the basis for mass flagging. All testing fails when exposed thousands of players, MMOs in general verify that fact.

The most recent example was done just a few hours ago, a player had typed in shout something along the lines of ā€œThese bots are like Buy. Our. Silver. We. Control. The. Markets. Resistance. Is. Futile.ā€ and that alone flagged him. So if by ā€œgold selling phraseā€ you mean including the words ā€œBuyā€ and ā€œSilverā€ in the same sentence, then yes your mod is working fine.

Just be sure no one asks to ā€œWant to Buy an Arde Dagger. Accepting Silver.ā€

Does your mod not check for redundancy? Gold sellers tend to repeat themselves, perhaps checking for repeated wording would prevent the circumstances of isolated incidents.

In any case, Iā€™m opposed to automated flagging which is why my option is turned off. But perhaps it should never have even been an option in the first placeā€¦

Rather than changing something that works (even if the claim is that it may work too well sometimes) I would prefer to see an additional function to help remedy the problem.

How about a one-click button that unblocks everyone in your block list? Or have the addon create a separate text file with the names of every user the addon has blocked, and then have a button that unblocks everyone from that list.

It would allow for those accidents to get through without lowering efficiency as the user could just purge his blocks every few days. Spammers that were legitimately spamming would find their way back on the list and players that were accidentally blocked would be given a voice again.

Iā€™d likely purge my block list every day. I may manually start doing that but, by now, itā€™s gotten rather large.

I also do not use the auto-flag feature but I donā€™t think, false positives or not, that it should be removed. You risk your own RII when flagging from the addon, but, likely contribute to the bans of hundreds of RMT sellers with the feature on. For me, though, ā€œout of sight; out of mindā€ and I donā€™t care whether they are banned or not. So long as I donā€™t have to see them then I donā€™t have to deal with their spam. In this I love LKChat more than anyone will ever know lol I mean itā€™s a feature after all. You donā€™t have to choose to flag everyone it blocks. Thatā€™s an option for you to tick in case you want to try and cleanse the server of the spammers more quickly.

This is do able, I can also setup an internal list of users blocked by the addon too.

Also, Iā€™ve released v0.6a:

Added option for displaying reason for block/report (enabled by default)
Tweaked spam detection some more
Guild members are now part of your passive whitelist
Users are no longer passively ignore after being blocked only messages based on id
Fixed SpamNotice and System messages menu from showing.

2 Likes

I installed the addon and I can access the menu ingame but it doesnā€™t seem to be blocking spam.

just isntalled the latest version

It seems to automatically block. which is nice, but I cant bring up the add on menu by typing /lkchat

any suggestions ?

Click the cogwheel icon beside the chat.

1 Like

This happens with me sometimes as well. I donā€™t always get the system message stating that the addon has been loaded: it will still block in the background but the settings panel wonā€™t be able to be opened. So itā€™s like quasi-started lol Changing channels doesnā€™t fix that, but, I just re-open the game 1-2 more times until it loads then itā€™s fine for the rest of my session. I think this was a suggested fix for something further up in the thread and it works for that too =)

Clicking the cog like ken mentioned above works too, but, that wonā€™t restore functionality of slash commands =/ for now we only have a couple anyway but later Iā€™d imagine weā€™ll see more and more. But yeah for now while thatā€™s being fixed the settings cog should suffice XD

Loving this addon <3 have my like and be sure I will share it with others annoyed with the spammers and gold sellers <3