Tree of Savior Forum

[ADDON] LKChat (Alpha)

same with me , also chat whispers are broken

@tekutiger What language sets are you running on Windows? This is a known problem with some unicode fonts on Window’s with other language fonts.

Redownload v5.

This is new, looking into it. Verified: Floating Chat Windows are not showing text, main chat window whispers display fine.

[quote=“Keroro, post:223, topic:208502, full:true”]
v5a didnt work for me. Chat show nothing and /lkc not work too.
[/quote]Try reloading the client a few times, there are issues connecting to the chat server on some server clusters from what I can tell.

New version, v0.5c: https://github.com/Lemon-King/ToS-LKChat/releases/tag/v0.5c
This will resolve any issues with chat not showing up after I implemented preload events.
Also has max font size increased to 40.

I apologize for the bugs, this is an alpha (bugs will happen).

Ayy it works perfectly now. Thanks :ok_hand:

1 Like

I guess it’s just English on my PC, and English + Japanese + Korean on my laptop, lol. Thought I made my PC and lappy identical, but guess not. I don’t even have the option to add additional languages when you I goto CP > Region and Language > Keyboards and Languages Tab.

I think I got it to work, it’s somehow reading without the crown now, lol. Will keep it installed and test it further, but uhm, the bigger issue I had because I was introduced to your added very recently; The lkchat.lua, lkchat.xml, and readme.md - I couldn’t find instructions anywhere on where to stick them and they were not within the addon folder in the zip file to assume there, AND they were in their own zip folder apart from the crown file.

Had to ask someone else I knew who had your addon installed already where to place them and if I needed them. I don’t even know how he knew where to place em, or if it’s a common thing to place those files there, or what, but may want to place instructions including you need those and where to put them somewhere. And if they are somewhere already, I apologize, but I could not find them, lol.

(Those 3 files in the addon folder are what made it finally work)

Aside from that, I’ve only just logged into ToS and it blocked 5ish people, I can see chat, but I can’t open the menu via /lkchat or /lkc.

Make sure you have the newest version v0.5c, slash commands only work in ‘Normal’ (/s) chat. The file included in the zip should be extracted in the ToS folder, they’ll automatically be placed in /patch/, not /addon/.

Yup was trying them in normal chat and the addon wouldnt work with the crown file in patch only, only started working after those other 3 files were placed into the addon folder for me. But the crown still isnt showing, its just a square xD

perfect, v5.c works perfectly!! No more overlapping :smile: Thanks alot!

Hello! I use english and korean in windows 10. Will this work with the exp viwer addon also enabled?

@LemonKing
Switching servers fixed the no UI with /lkc. Logging in to Orcha then SEA server fixed it for me. Thanks for this awesome addon.

@LemonKing thanks for the update. I can see whispers messages now, but the whispers box does not display messages

1 Like

EDIT: ha nevermind, I figured it out xD

Woah, free to play next door and there is an addon to take care of lamer’s messages eh?
I’m sure I’ll need this when F2P comes out.

same here, no messages in whispers box

1 Like

Known issue with the pop out whisper box, its next on my to fix list.
However, chatframe whispers display fine.

1 Like

Newest version blocked 3 people I was talking with without any reason.
I know you’re not getting paid for it, but not a single version has worked out for me and I’m sorry to say I won’t use it until a somewhat stable version is out.

Could you provide screenshots? Because unless your friends were sending you urls and talking about selling silver for money its very hard to flag a message.

@LemonKing It’s possible to add a function that the Escape key can’t hide the chat? Sometimes I just spam that in the joystick mode and I just don’t like to hide the chat >.<.

Nway, this addon is awesome. Thanks.

Still getting the overlap in the latest version here and there, but, nowhere near the intensity that it was before. Very mild so far. Overall an immense improvement XD It also appears that the overlaps now fix themselves on transition since I scrolled up to the instance for a SS just in case but… totally not there anymore and it is properly aligned lol So, in short, it’s so mild that I’ll have to actively remember to SS when it occurs instead of having it everywhere lol

[quote=“wrntdk, post:241, topic:208502, full:true”]
@LemonKing It’s possible to add a function that the Escape key can’t hide the chat? Sometimes I just spam that in the joystick mode and I just don’t like to hide the chat >.<.

Nway, this addon is awesome. Thanks.
[/quote]I’ll look into disabling hide on escape. You’re welcome.