Tree of Savior Forum

Add. Property attack

Hmmm… Maybe we misunderstood it then… It’s in the Cleric balance blog post btw.

“Like Sacrament, the Chaplain’s Last Rites is having its additional Holy damage removed and will instead be adding damage to Holy property attacks, which increases when your HP gets below a certain level.”

It seemed like they changed it to how Enchant Lightning works for me.

Then maybe they just meant that they removed the damage of the additional line hit but it still has the extra line?

I hope you are right :sad:

I guess this has become less of a thread about additional damage and more of a thread about the developer note changes!

The combat changes in May was heavy on offense, and boosted the Blessing numbers to rather unbelievable levels. That level 50 dungeon was never the same when the new Blessing arrived.

People seem to have gotten used to the bigger numbers on Blessings now, but they will still be incredibly useful even at 70%, so the changes seem to be pretty good. You get either a long duration and slightly less potent skill, or a fully potent but short lived skill. I think that’s a great way to differentiate spell shops and actual people.

But Sacrament does become another Blessing. The additional lines of damage allows attack damage to scale in unique ways. Taking away lines of damage may make the damage numbers more compact and skill effects easier to predict, but we’re still losing an interesting play mechanic from a skill.

The Sacrament changes may enhance Heal attacks when combined with Blessing, because Blessing has a synergy to cause Heal to double strike.

Information on the “additional property damage” mechanic has always been fuzzy, but from what I understand: An attack will always have a “base” line of damage. “Additional property damage” adds a bonus to the base line of damage, and any additional lines that have the same property type. For instance, if you have Enchant Fire plus + old Sacrament + Cafrisun, you’d get 3 more lines of damage (holy, fire, and earth). Then, if you had a hat that gives “Additional Fire Property Damage 50”, the hat would provide:

+50 base line (treated as base damage type)
+0 holy line (as holy damage type)
+50 fire line (as fire damage type)
+0 earth line (as earth damage type)

Then, target defense + resistances apply to each line separately.

“New” Sacrament would remove the holy line but enhance the base line. Am I mistaken in how the multiple line mechanic works?

You are close, but not quite there.

Lets use sacrament for example.
It gives:
Holy Property Attack: +[CaptionRatio]
Additional Property Damage: +[CaptionRatio2]

The “additional property damage” is the part that would turned into the extra line. The holy property attack is what would be added to all lines and skills. Essentially the property attack is akin to Blessing.

So using your example of:

Normal Physical/Magical attack base line
Sacrament line
Enchant Fire line
Cafrisun line.

Sacraments holy property would be added to all lines, Enchant Fires fire property attack would be added to all lines, and the “Additional Fire Property Damage 50” from the hat you gave as an example would be added to all lines as well.

This is why for builds that utilize auto attack multi lines such as Quarrel Shooter , Schwarzer Reiter, Chaplain, Corsair, Runecaster (Rune of Giants), and etc, all value property damage more on hats and buffs (to a certain degree).

Now the whole freaking out about multi lines on sacrament and last rites i believe is a miss-communication on IMC’s fault.

This is my deductive reasoning, so take it with a grain of salt and not as fact.

Based on the recent videos I linked up above, and what IMC communicated on the blogs is that Sacrament will no longer function similar to blessing (the holy property damage added to all lines). Instead it will focus on its strength and the reason we actually go for it, auto attack damage/extra line. It will just now be a more beefed up extra line.

This essentially allows certain priest builds to forgo getting sacrament if their ranks or party members focus more on damage from skills rather than auto-attacks.

Again I am stating: This is my deductive reasoning, so take it with a grain of salt and not as fact.

2 Likes

@megamanex14
that’s a very nice deductive reasoning.
Let me ask you this, the dev blog says " Sacrament, often just used as a supplement to additional property damage buffs, is saying goodbye to the downward compatibility with Blessing".
I dont understand the downward compatibility part. What do you think about this?
Thanks.

To me its a way to make something that is good looks bad so they can justify the change

Eh… You could be right and it is almost the exact opposite of what I thought it is.

It is maybe an AA-only skill now? wow… X)

But then… I kinda think we will actually lose some damage on both the AAs and skills too. :sweat_smile:

I hope someone will be able to confirm the changes for sure.

1 Like

This could mean a few things.
Lets break it down.

• Sacrament, often just used as a supplement to additional property damage buffs

This here could mean that:

1. Sacrament in most cases is just used for its property attack bonus (similar to blessing), since most builds/characters/classes prioritizes skill attacks over auto attacks.
    Or
  2. Sacrament is only ever seen being used in most cases for auto attack builds.

I believe the former is much more prominent than the latter.

Now the next part of that sentence

• is saying goodbye to the downward compatibility with Blessing"

More specifically lets focus on the “downward compatibility with Blessing” part

This could be referring to how additional property attack damage is similar to how blessing works. A.k.a. how it adds flat damage to every line (only difference being it is affected by property resistance). Hense just a lower version of blessing.

When you think of it that way and bring the sentence back together you get something like:

“Sacrament, often just used for its bonus additional property damage, is saying goodbye to its similarities to blessing.”.

Now if we say, hey mabye it could’ve been the “Sacrament is only ever seen in most cases only for auto attack builds.” part of my breakdown, then you get a problem in itself. The change would become somewhat redundant and nerf auto attack builds. Sure, skill based characters would get more damage from sacrament now, but it would still be similar to blessing.

Again this all based on the information at hand (what has been seen and read). Take this with a grain of salt. Do not treat this as fact until more can be tested and provided.

@Wolfy Can you check/test this when you go back on Ktest?

Edit: To avoid double posting

Yes and no.

In the case of skills, this would definitely be a nerf, but a very abysmal one in the grand scheme of things.

When it comes to auto-attacks it’s a different story. This is because it is all based on how many lines of damage you have in one auto-attack instance. If you only had 3 lines of damage or less, then this a direct buff. However if you had 4 or more lines this is a direct nerf.

Auto attack line dmgs that can be gained (that I know of):

Normal Attack
Aspergillum
Sacrament
Last Rites
Enchant Fire
Cafrisun Set effect

2 Likes

Sacra+Last Rites multi hit test. Also blessing.

And damage test on Siaulai boss

5 Likes

So nothing changed regarding the extra lines of damage, according to that video, right?
What about Aspergillium, is it unaffected too?

Thanks for the video anyway, one of my guildies has been on the edge since the news came up. :slight_smile:

I see what they did now, your first attack doesn’t take Sacrament nor Last Rites bonus anymore also the following lines won’t be affected by other lines as well.

TL:DR

Hit 1 - Atk + Blessing
Hit 2 - Sacrament + Blessing
Hit 3 - Last Rites + Blessing

Thank you!

Also nice test I clearly see everything I need to know. :smiley:

It seems it is rly the other way around that I thought it will be.

Sacrament and Last Rites are both adding extra lines but they don’t add anything to other lines and skill hits. It is actually rly good news for me…maybe not that good for others. X)

1 Like

Yes so it is as I theorized. Sacrament and Last Rites are now strictly auto-attack based skills. Therefore Sacrament is no longer a necessary for certain priest builds.

1 Like

No worries, i actually didnt understand what i needed to test because i dont main priest based on multihit or have get too much into any.

So i just tried to record as much as i could lol.

2 Likes

I see, so based on the tentative description of New Sacrament, it will add a line of damage, that’s it. In other words, it won’t give any bonuses to skill/property attacks.

For instance, Heal as an attack skill does Holy property damage; it used to take the bonus holy damage from Sacrament as part of its calculation, but now Sacrament won’t contribute to Heal damage.

Just to clarify, then; under Old Sacrament, if someone casts Fireball, am I correct in assuming that Fireball (being fire property damage) would not have received a bonus from Sacrament’s holy bonus damage? If so, then New Sacrament wouldn’t be a loss for non-holy skills.

It doesn’t matter what element your skill is, + property damage values have always been added to the final damage, according to the damage formula:

So long story short, it may be a nerf to your overall damage, depending on your build/abilities used.

It’s as @Hillgarm said, to clarify further (correct me if I’m wrong) taking the values on the table in the news as example:

• (+330 Holy/+370 Add.Holy) before the change you had +370 Add.Holy damage added in your skills/autos calculation, plus an extra line of damage dealing 330 Holy Damage (+Blessing).

• (Holy attack +1285) after the change instead we will just get an extra line of damage dealing +1285 Holy Damage (+Blessing).

So I’m assuming that it is a nerf depeding on how much your abilities scaled off that built in additional holy property damage.

but thats not all true. that formula its for criticals Patk, but magical damage have elemental property and also its afected by Mampl. i sure that Mamp. its applied befor the skill factor. so maybe the elemental damage can be aplied too, if it is the same that the skill’s element

pd. aditional damage its like the damage gived by Consentrate. and cant be reduced by deff or increased by Eatack

Pretty big nerf unless I’m misunderstanding it, Chaplain now have to take 10 points in Sacrament to do the same damage as before.

Formula on Ktest: value = 180 + (([Skill Level] - 1) × 60) + (([Skill Level] / 3) × (stat ^ 0.9)) for only one damage line.

Old formula: value =(10 + ([Skill Level] × 2)) + [Character SPR] for 4-5 damage lines.

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. :frowning:
The formula is exactly the same for Magic Damage, you just take out the Critical Part, and you change PhysicalAttack/PhysicalDefense with Magic Attack/Magic Defense… Additional Damage works the same way for everyone and it includes all kind of property damage, refer to this thread: The Grand Modifier Thread | Skill damage boosts and ‘additional attack’ sources explained

Additional Damage
Damage added at the end of everything, affected by nothing else.

Everyone

Add. [Element] Property Damage
+Value

nop. the formula from the Mattk its not the same.
Attack = (F2 Attack+ Attack Modifier(Raw)) * (100% + Attack Modifier(%)) here works the Eattk/add. E.damage. and the M.aplification

this part was wrong before i dont know if it fixit. thats stuff was pissed of with the agnis necklace time ago.

No.
Read the thread again and carefully, attack modifiers are something else entirely, it’s literally the second paragraph, dude.

Attack Modifiers exist still too. You know, shield charge, stomping kick, those things. They effectively change your F2 attack power without visually updating the value in that window during the skill, so they are applied in both ‘attack’ instances in the formula. Attack bonuses for race and size on equipment also falls under this.

Again, elemental properties are Additional Damage:

Additional Damage
Damage added at the end of everything, affected by nothing else.

Add. [Element] Property Damage
+Value

You didn’t even bother to read the thread I linked… the first formula is correct.

1 Like