Tree of Savior Forum

Add. Property attack

So i was reading the skill buff for priests.
Sacrament is having the add. Holy property attack removed. What does that mean?

Does it mean sacrament will still have extra line attack, but just doesnt add damages to other lines?
Or it doesnt add extra line attack, but instead boosts damages for each line?

Thanks.

Or it doesnt add extra line attack, but instead boosts damages for each line?

This one.

Ok iā€™m confused now.

sacrament with ā€œAdditional Property Damage: + Xā€ means another line of damage will be added (and in future wonā€™t be added)

Elemental enchantment of hair costumes says ā€œAdditional lightning/ice/fire/earth/poison/dark/holy Property Damage + Xā€ but it doesnā€™t add a line of damage as sacrament

At least normal blessing has unlimited hit count and lasts 5 minutes and you can always buy fire enchant scrolls if you want an extra line for 5 minutes. Monks have to consume around 70 sp each double punch (w/ attribute on) and their golden bell shield attribute that allowed them to protect allies got replaced with a 5 second pain barrier buff that seems underwhelming to gazing golem cards.

@Anarth: ok thanks. I was hoping itā€™s the other one. Losing a line of attack seems to decrease damage, assuming blessing adds so much damage to each lineā€¦ Not to mention the equipments with add. property attacks. And we are losing yet another attack line from last ritesā€¦

@Su-Kral : yea i was thinking the same thing tooā€¦ Arde, and enchanted accessories that say add. property attack do indeed boost damage to each line instead of adding a new line.

@UselessBug : increased blessing duration and hit count removal from pardoner shop is AMAZING without a doubt. I have always thought of it as too good to be true.

Edit: to Su-kral, ok i think X property damage means adding another line, X property attack means boosting damages to each line. At least thats how the description from cafrisun set and arde differ from each other.

i want to know if this elemental damage is aplied before the % of damage from the skillss?? i never understand what they do to the elemental damage after the balance

I guess it has always been +flat damage after the damage formula.

Hmā€¦ Come to think of it, the new sacrament and last rites are probably better for skill oriented builds.
Iā€™ve been playing too many auto attack builds so obviously i would think losing an attack line is bad.

Blessing is nerfed considerably, it adds way less damage after the update. However, youā€™re compensated with a high damage boost from Sacrament, so not really that bad of a deal. It basically only affects Schwarzen Reiter and Corsair autoattackers.

chaplain will become useless void classā€¦

nono i would argue SR would benefit the most from this blessing change. for farming blessing would be used up in the first 5-10 minutes so SR usually dont even use blessing from shops. now that they can benefit fully from blessing AND sacrament has a buff, SR can farm for hours at a time.

actually, for sacrament, the additional dmg and increased holy property att might cancel each other so thereā€™s no drastic change.

@ernesto10381
Why would chaplain be useless? Can you please explain?

From what Iā€™m understanding, Last rites is being changed to add more damage similar to sacrament or blessings.
And aspergillum still adds another line of attack (i didnt see this one being changed for the upcoming patch)
They seem to be quite decent imoā€¦

To explain simply what is changed because some confusions are already present in this post:

Blessing isnā€™t nerfed, it is actually a buff. The duration will be extended to 5 minutes instead of more or less 1min.

Only the Blessing of Pardonner Shop will be nerfed. They will loose any effect coming from Transmit Prana and Divine might when the shop is used. The value of the blessing sold is reduced by 30%. However it will be applied for the whole hour :No hit counts anymore

It is important to note that the interactions of all the AA builds with blessing (and the multiple lines) are reduced. Imo they want to remove all the additional lines from the game to make the damage log more readable.

Concerning the Sacrament change:

The extra line is removed but the increased damage becomes better than blessing (10 points corresponding to a 3.3 SPR^0.9 against 3.2*SPR^0.9 for a lvl 15 Blessing).

Last rites isnā€™t known yet but it is quite possible than it will be the same as Sacrament.
A lot of Holy damage added.

The good things about the changes is that it will affect all your spells adding more or less (with Blessing and Sacrament gems and a SPR build) 6-7K holy damage on each hit. It will be pretty decent with Aoe like Magnus exorcismus.

Donā€™t worry about that, Enchant fire will receive the same treatment, line removed and empowered added damages.

Corcerning Chaplain as a useless class:

Imo a SPR Chaplain and a CON Paladin combo could be really strong. The Capella placed in the Barrier will be rendered invincible and will give additional damage mitigation to the tanking paladin (Remember that Stone skin will reduce all the damage by 20% even magical attack). Imo Chaplain will be as useful as it is now.

1 Like

As if priest didnā€™t have enough things to spend skill points on. Maxing out sacrament now would mean less points into revive/mass heal which were already at the limit before. If you max out Sac/Asp/Bless, youā€™re left with 5 skill points between revive, mass heal, resurrect, monstrance, and exorcise.

All the remaining skills besides monstrance and maybe exorcise (resurrect subjective), suck at their job unless maxed out. (I can see 2/3 of the pardoner trio buffs being dropped by priest builds in favor of buying from spellshop since you canā€™t override your party memberā€™s shop buffs anyways.)

Though the defensive skills might not be needed depending on how much the buffed aspersion/magic defense will mitigate damage since it looks like pardonerā€™s magic defense skill will add like 2k mdef and be available in spell shop.

I personally havenā€™t done any end-end game stuff so I donā€™t know about the damage taken there but it seems like revive is a preference on priests based on anecdotes.

Despite the 30% less buff effectiveness, Pardoners still seem to overshadow priestsā€™ job as the difference is not a huge amount to warrant someone canceling their pardoner buff. Lasting an hour at 70% effectiveness is probably still more enticing than 100% for 5 minutes.

2 Likes

People like to talk about damageā€¦ but it is rly not the damage what we are losing right now. We are losing a mechanismā€¦ and a class speciality with that.

Chaplain was about AAsā€¦ it was the AA Cleric class. They made an AA class into a heavy buffer/caster one.

With an exaggerated example: would you like if they would remove diev statues and add some kind of carved aoe ā€¦bombs(? :sweat_smile: )ā€¦ with high damage just to ā€œbalanceā€ the class?

I donā€™t see Chaplain that unique anymore if they take away the most of its AAs.

Also it is just lame that 3 skills are almost the same nowā€¦ Sacrament is kinda Blessing no.2 and Last Rites is Blessing no.3

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a very good point. Many of TOSā€™s challenges stem for its uniqueness and incredibly high variance and the difficulty balancing these options. but that doesnā€™t mean the complexity should be abandoned. One of the most appealing aspects of TOS is how different the classes play.

Letā€™s hope IMC keeps up with their varied ideas, or if they have to reimplement them even. TOS can be the synthesis of variance and balance, but they must do it properly.

1 Like

Someone gets it!! Woohoooo!!

Iā€™m still hoping they move the lines of attack to chaplain instead. I sort of see this as changes to priests with respect to pardoners without thinking of how it affects chaplains at all. Maybe something along the lines of LR adding 2 (or 3) lines of attack.

1 Like

You donā€™t need Aspersion though, because of the shop and mobs donā€™t hit that incredibly hard (a way to mitigate damages is better than having Asperion (Ausrine, shield, or a Pally sucking up the damages)).

Resurrection is still a must have. Revive as well because itā€™s just such a nice save.
To be honest if youā€™re full SPR I donā€™t think you need Mass Heal 10. SPR gives extra heals, and in harder content like ET players also use HP potions. Mass Heal 1 is 10%, it seems like enough (but Iā€™ll test it for sure before fully changing :stuck_out_tongue: )

30% is quite a lot. For example a lot of shoppers offer 2100 Blessing. With -30% it becomes a 1470 Blessing. Itā€™s a loss of 630 damages every time you hit. Of course, 70% doesnā€™t make the Pardonersā€™ buffs trash, but if I have the choice between paying for a buff at 70% for one hour or count on my Priest 3 full SPR friend, Iā€™ll choose my friend any time.

The only thing I donā€™t like about the new Sacrament is exactly what @Ayalon said. Yeah, itā€™ll have much better damages. Even better than Blessing and for only 10 invested points. But thatā€™s just what it isā€¦ a second Blessing. Pretty boring and unoriginal.

One thing that I didnā€™t get though. Seems last rite chamged but I didnā€™t find a new values. Anyone knows how much holy damage last rite gives with the changes?

Also, Iā€™ve been talking about the changes with my guildmatesā€¦ I think I sacra and aspersion will be my go since aspersion increases both defense and my damage while sacra gives nearly the same damage than blessing, though ita lower thanks to the blessing enchance.

Soā€¦ Iā€™m trying to figure out what everyone is talking about? Where are these rumors coming from?

Based on videos sacrament is pretty much the same.

Even Wolfy slightly confirmed the extra line is still there