Tree of Savior Forum

About the server location

When some sort of light based communication would be developed we would eliminate that lol.

You mean, fiber cables? :stuck_out_tongue:
The problem with latency are the routers between the points, as well as the fact that usually, only the backbone is fibre. The rest is copper, and copper sucks. More so in less developed countries, where 98% of lines are copper and the providers are still trying to squeeze out the last drops of speed out of them, not caring much about latency.

I remember playing a game from my university’s network once (connected to the fibre network). My ping was like, 4ms. At home? ~100ms.

I hope you aren’t trying to imply that South Americans will pay more than Europeans even with numerical advantage.

Don’t assume that people around you share your low standards.

No, i meant something like laser or w//e sci-fi ■■■■ we see out there. lol

We got 1 Satellite provider in my country, the distance from the house to the satellite is something that cause 500ms, note its that time just to reach from the house to the satellite, the rest you can figure out.

east FOREVER! I am from Brazil and I loved the game and my ping to the game - 200 ms( Game server location - check your ping) … doing everything… if they move to west coast… my ping go to 300… and its gonna be a big problem =/

1 Like

No i am just saying on the survey of the ICBT south Americas population was second highest under North Americas. And yes i know Europe is pretty well off, wellllll not so much greece.

I live in the bay area dude wooohoo

You can’t get faster than speed of light (what fiber uses) whether you straighten it or not (which is what a laser is), the rest is loss due to latency between the nodes. I don’t even see how lasers would help, they will bounce against the walls of the fiber just like normal light.

What i meant is the whole system, not only one or two areas, my example, its supposed to be fiber, but its only a small part like less than a meter of fiber cable that come from a signal converter pinned on the wall when they install, before this converter is a cable that come from the light pole and then from there it goes to the ISP on a coaxial cable, thats no fiber for me, it would be if the whole thing was fiber from my house to the ISP.

Now about what i meant, if the whole world internet was under fiber you can be sure that we wouldnt have lag, at least not if it wasnt for bottlenecks or defective equipament.

But that is just a dream tho, we have to face with reality and deal with cables with old technology, since fiber is really fragile, if it was like i said before here, we would be more times offline due to wind and accidents with retards entering with high trucks on the wrong streets than online lol.

That’s pretty much what I meant by fiber. Maybe if we get some light based tech going and our routers end up being fiber based instead of copper based, then it will get another boost as well. But to be honest, that won’t happen in our lifetime, even the full fiber internet won’t. Not as long as supposedly 1st world countries continue to try and squeeze out the last drops of speed out of copper instead of investing in fiber.

Ah yeah, but to tell you the truth, 1st world countries have pretty much a decent internet, Brazil on the other hand is the worst one that comes to my mind, which is where i live, during the night the bandwidth on the whole system get bottlenecked and the speed drop for around 30%-40% of its full potencial, not counting that on my ISP (Vivo) the link to outside of the country go first to their main base in Spain then it goes to US, so my latency is aways around 140-250ms, never get under that no matter what.

If you want to check where your connection goes on the globe to the places you most use try Open Visual Traceroute software, i used 2 months ago to troubleshooting my internet with packet loss.

Germany still has places where no cable based internet is possible - only wireless/satellite, which costs a bunch and has a small bandwidth limit (about 1-3GB, 29,99€ per month for 3G/LTE, throttled to GPRS after that) or very high latency and loss of link during a storm (sat). My internet is only 5Mbps down, 0.5Mbps up, and I’m not even far away from the city. This is simply pathetic for a first world country, especially when some countries like Latvia (definitely not 1st world) have unmetered 100Mbit up/down fiber for about 10€ per month and decently sized bandwidth limits (10GB for 12€/mo) for 3G/LTE.

As for the signal, mine travels to the US first, then goes to Asia for say, JP/KR servers, so it’s a huge latency as well. My usual latency to US servers is about 200-300ms, Asian servers are 200-400ms, depending on the day.

Our 3G/LTE goes to GPRS too and dont cover all areas, and the bandwitdh is 100-200MB per month, after that it work only at 5%-10% of the actual speed, and they have the nerve of say its unlimited internet lol.

Maybe they got lucky and were given the beta keys. I am from the EU and only got my key on the second give away but i had alot of friends here that did not get a key and also alot of other players from the EU that I know from the net that also did not get a key.

So you cannot really judge if only taken from the people who got into the ICBT in my honest opinion.

But if the giveway was random chance and people from South America and North America got more keys is because they amount to a greater share of the registered people for the ICBT

1 Like

Yes i can. Everyone had a equal chance this is what is called a random sample and whether you got your key at the start of the week or the end you were allowed to participate in the survey.

1 Like

This ^, and i got an extra key before the end of the beta and gave to a friend from Canada, she only played on last day with me since she was busy with work, but she answered the survey.

Hopefully, They set up SEA server.
Which server open first. I will go to that one.
I need to play it alot.

1 Like

I had 250+ ping with my OP ethernet (which gives me less than 10 ping in any other games in SEA).
I believe it’s because iCBT is in NA that’s why. We are directly connecting to the NA one.