Tree of Savior Forum

About Rune Caster build :<

I was wondering which of these builds would be better for a RC.

Wiz C3 > Ele C3 > RC
Wiz C3 > Cryo > Psychokino C2 > RC
Wiz C3 > Cryo C2 > Psychokino > RC
Wiz > Cryo C2 > Psychokino C3 > RC

• I have read in few posts that RC is not worth with Ele3, but Ele3 has Hail, Frost Cloud and Freezing Sphere skills, which are all ice type. So because of this i wonder if would be a ■■■■■■■ bread and butter character with all those skills damage + 300% from rune of ice. On the other hand i think about if Cryo2 could be better because of the less cooldowns time, what do you think?

• I have read too that Wiz 3 is a MUST for RC because of the time you spend casting + getting interrupted. But apart from that, what would you think about the last build? I have been told that apart from that “Ice Wall + PP” combo, the class sucks.

Thanks in advance!

Rune of Ice doesnt affect hail or frost cloud, theyre deployment skills.

It only affects cryo skills.

Lol true, forgot deployment skills.

So what about:

Wiz C3 > Cryo > Psychokino C2 > RC
Wiz C3 > Cryo C2 > Psychokino > RC
Wiz > Cryo C2 > Psychokino C3 > RC

Specially the 1st and the 2nd.

I’m Wiz > Cryo 1 > Psycho 1 right now and can tell you that going Wiz2/3 feels very important. I’d suggest Wiz3, Cryo2, Psycho1, RC if you want to go that route.

Reason being 50% more dmg, 50% less cast time and less interrupts from Wiz3, also more synergy with Cryo2 than Psycho2. A higher level of PP wont add to your ice wall combo damage, a higher level of IW on the other hand does. Also Cryo benefits from RC way more than Psy2 does. The stun on Psy2 looks pretty cool though.

1 Like

You convinced me.

Thanks <3

You don’t need stun when you have Surespell.

Wiz 3 > Cryo > Kino > RC > Warlock

WIz 3 > Cryo 3 > RC

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Kino 2 > RC

Wiz > Cryo 2 > Kino 3 > RC

Wiz 3 > Cryo > Pyro > Kino > RC

These are currently the best RC builds.

A friend of mine told me Wiz 3 > Cryo > Kino > RC > Warlock is one of the current endgame wizards. Anyway i’m not sure about the utility you can get from only lvl 5 cryo skills.

I think WIz 3 > Cryo 3 > RC could be a very nice option too. You have no wall + pp combo but well, it can be nerfed in the future or whatever. Also you can use cryo circle 3 skills + rune of ice and their damage gonna be awesome.

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Kino 2 > RC would be an option too, but i keep thinking about not having Quickcast. It would probably be a pain in the ass in the future.

Why didn’t you metion Wiz 3 > Cryo 2 > Kino > RC. Do you think it’s worthless?

Thanks for your reply!

Audra gives you level 7 Ice Wall.

Wiz 3 > Cryo 2 > Kino 2 > RC has 8 ranks.

Oops, sorry, wanted to say only Kino C1. Post edited.

What do you think about Wiz 3 > Ele 3 > RC over Cryo 3?

Rune of Ice do not work at elementalist skills.

(This is a reply for your other forum thread as well)

Frost Pillar doesn’t do damage.

One cast of Snow Rolling with Rune of Ice could potentially get close to one cast of Frost Cloud, but Frost Cloud has a bit less than half the cooldown, isn’t channeling, and isn’t affected by AoE Ratio.

Two casts of Frost Spike with Rune of Ice isn’t going to outdamage Electrocute on mobs and it surely isn’t going to outdamage Hail on bosses.

Icewall (the wall itself) is a land deployment afaik.

If you really really want to make Rune Caster useful, I think you need to get Cryo+Kino (or like… Cryo+Linker+Power Staff?). Otherwise, it’s just as useful on any random build as the other, mostly depending on if that build has Wiz3 or not.

You may want to try this build:

I had a question for high burst with magic:

Thanks for the input!

I was asking about damage comparison between ele3 or cryo3+rc anyway. And if @tampon is right, i will definitely go ele3 D:

I would get Wiz 3 > Cryo > Kino > RC. But i find its gameplay so boring. I mean, you depend A LOT on the ice wall + pp combo, as your cryo skills are going to hit not too much because of lvl 5 (even using Rune of Ice). So you will have to be waiting for it all day long.

PP was nerfed when combined with ice wall, and bosses can hit through ice wall, and ice wall has a limited amount of hits before it breaks (And PP hits ice wall) The “Shards,” that come out aren’t big enough and don’t hit enough times for it to be useful.

Haha, then i don’t know why am i asking. I will go Ele 3 then ._.

Am going Cryo -> Psy 3 -> RC. Surepesll is a nice-to-have but definitely not a must have.

This is just a small thing but Rune of Ice actually affects Freezing Sphere from Elementalist, so keep that in mind.

Also Frost Cloud actually does have attack ratio now:

Elementalist
Frost Cloud
AoE attack ratio for Frost Cloud changed to be base 10 + skill lv
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/tree-of-savior-initial-patch-notes/154512

Unless they changed it back recently! Correct me if I’m wrong. It’s still an amazing skill regardless and shouldn’t be counted out despite this.

I’m currently a Lv256 Wiz3/Ele3/Rune and I enjoy it a lot so far! The thing I like the most about it is I have so many options for bursty AoE damage:

• Frost Cloud
  • Rune of Destruction
  • Meteor
  • Electrocute (+ Rain)
  • Hail (+ Electrocute)
  • Magic Missile
  • Rune of Justice

Ontop of that, Quickcast exponentially increases your damage time with lengthy spells like Destruction and Meteor since not only are you adding +50% DMG, but because of the halved cast time, you’re actually doing a lot more DPS by spending less time casting!

Also *Surecast makes your life a hell of a lot easier. The fact you can guarantee your spell won’t get interrupted is a huge boon (especially with something like Rune Caster & Elementalist under your class belt).

*Tip: If you know you’re gonna get flinched or thrown back by an attack while under Surecast, you can actually hold the cast button and wait until you get back up and continue casting the spell as normal! It’s a trick I’ve done a few times, and it can be a bit weird to get used to, but the option is there!

Personally, although the burst of Rune Caster + Cryomancer is definitely insane, I couldn’t really find myself getting into it. Plus:

Like to me, that seems a littleee too ridiculous? Even if it does require a certain set up, to be able to do that much damage in such a short amount of time seems a bit too overpowered. Plus, it just feels a bit gimmicky? But that could just be me, haha.

I would not be surprised if that tactic gets nerfed in the future, so that’s another reason to be a bit wary of the Cryo + Rune Caster combination (if that’s what you’re SOLELY going for)!

I hope that that helps!

2 Likes

Hey man!

I really appreciate your post.

Well i’m not sure if level Rune of Ice only for 1 skill would be worth. Rune of Justice may be a better option instead (i’m not sure about this).

I will definitely take Ele 3 path!

Thanks.

My experience with Rune of Justice is that it’s a bit situational:

Unlike Destruction, it’s a bit troublesome to aim with since it only goes in 8 cardinal directions and is somewhat narrow in AoE wdith, so if you don’t position yourself right you might potentially miss a group of mobs / good chunk of them.

However, the damage can be pretty decent! And if you consider the alternatives, Destruction/Justice/Ice are the only abilities that have any sort of DPS value (Giants disabling 99% of skills is a big turn off for me and Protection is purely defensive).

Personally, I’m probably going to go Lv5 Destruction/Lv5 Justice/Lv5 Ice, but you could probably replace Justice with Protection if you wanted something more PVP oriented (even though Plague Doctor essentially does Protection Rune, but better and is a very popular Cleric class choice).

I would suggest if you do go the Wiz3 > Ele3 > Rune route to max Destruction first, as it does great damage in EXP parties when Frost Cloud is down, whereas Justice / Ice can be maxed a bit later due to their situational-ness.

Just my 2 cents!

2 Likes