Tree of Savior Forum

About Pyro + Agny + Elementalist

Hi, Folks

I was thinking about this build totally focused in fire skills improved by the angy necklace. So… to this purpose, I believe that it would be nice to put at least one point in all skills of pyromancer and in proemi and meteor. The problem is… I didnt found any references about which skills are good in game today and in which I should put more points. I hope to have some help with this.

Just a few more questions:

1. This build would be really functional in the late game?

2. What the elementalist’s atribute to pyromancer exactly does?

3. There is any other good equipament to improve fire skills?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1. Gives you 30% chance for 80% dmg explosion when using Fire Property Skills. For me the chance is too low, and using auto-attack with Fire Enchant on is ‘Fire Property Skills’ too and I find myself exploding Crystal Roots more than enemies…
1 Like

To answer point 1:

I think it depends on your overall build but even then, supposing that you are not merely resetting a high level character, you should not forget that getting to end game involves the levelling process.

Supposing you go W>Pyr2>Ele3, you will lose two important skills at the outset: Surespell and Quickcast. Quickcast is doable without. Surespell on the other hand is another story entirely. Back during the reset event, I reset my linker into a Pyro-Ele (still rank 5 at the time) the main problem I experienced was monsters kept attacking me while I charged my spells. Every time I got attacked, I got prevented from casting. GIven that in our server (Telsiai) not many people queue 120dg, you can imagine the pain I went through going solo just trying to land either hail or eletrocute. In the end I had to rely mostly on Pryo skills to carry the day.

Given that, however, the build is possible. In the upcoming WIzard patch Runecaster’s Rune of Protection will function like a more powerful Surespell+Pain Barrier so the following builds are possible

• Classic Elememe with a twist: W3>Ele3>Pyr3

• Pyro into Shadowmnancer: W>Pyr2>Ele3> RC>Shadowmancer2

the reason the Elememe reamins a classic is that it works. W3 covers all ele’s weaknesses (casting time mostly) without gimping its power. Replacing Wlk3 with Pyr3 is simply a case of substitution. Your power will be less and, should you have tested the skills, you would have found that the Pyro is a bit… how shall we say… “static”. But supposing you want to be consistent with your theme, there are a lot of future updates to pyromancer skills the best being the 5x Meteor hit lines while using flame ground, I should think. Oh and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HTIIQ-NHA8&t=132s

Buyer beware: Take note of the person’s M.Atk at the beginning of the vid.

If we are to consider future Elementalist possibilities (including new classes) we have:

• W>Pyr2>Ele3>RC>Onmy2

or

• W>Pyr3>Ele3>Omny

to include your idea or a “flame master” archetype (which I was going for with my own build :slight_smile: ). You can replace (RC>Omny) with Warlock or Shadowmancer for now then reset to Omny when able. I am guessing you want to be a Dealer than a Support so either of the above are good choices. If you go Shadowmancer you’ll want to go 2 circles at least as most of the good attributes are locked behind Shadowmancer 2.

To answer point 3: (given that 2 was answered above)

Similar items like Agny? No, I have not heard or read of any. But if you want to go down the rabbit hole, then: https://tos.neet.tv/items.

2 Likes

I suppose going staff for the 15% fire damage?

1 Like

I just realized that my answer to your question at the time was rather unsatisfactory. Now that we have the updates to the Wizard tree, I’m a bit more confident suggesting skill builds. If you still happen to be interested, I can link a few. Some of these builds have points unallocated so feel free to put them where you wish:

If you’re interested in support builds, you may want to consider the following:

Between the two, the first is a straight-up buffer that supplies some of the most important and/or valuable buffs in the game currently. Thaum will always be welcome whatever the party composition, while Chrono helps physical DPS massively aside from generally making instanced content proceed far more smoothly.

PyroKino is a build closer to my heart as I personally enjoy playing Crowd Control and Debuff builds in RPGs. Psychokino provides all the control while your Pyro and Shadow levels bring in the pain.

And, finally, there’s this oddball build that I’ve been meaning to try:

These are just suggestions. For more professional advice, you can’t go wrong with the old stalwarts. I suggest you leaf through some of the builds on TosBase. Some of them have played much more than I have and have better insight into builds. Some of them even frequent these forums so if you’re in luck, you might have them lend you an ear.

The one thing this forum lacks is a build repository. Although we have the popularity rank ledger, the builds featured do not impart the advice a proper guide would. Some of the class subfora have dedicated guide threads (which I’m assuming you’ve visited?) with some threads being more detailed and/or specialized than others. Another way to get a feel for the Meta is to follow the KTest threads since the newest updates and trends take shape there.

In all, have fun. Even oddball builds work given enough effort. Fortunately we have an entire week of resets so go nuts!

1 Like

I saw this video and I remembered this thread (and all people trying out different builds)

The video shows with and without necklace the difference of damage. My impression is the 50% mentioned in the necklace description is not over the overall damage , but (as shown in the video the little difference) it might just sum into skill factor .

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

Yes.

“New” Agny is known to only add 50 to the skillfactor for a long time.

1 Like

I didn’t know. I had a wizardwhen it released but that character was ignored until now

1 Like

That is why Agny is good for low skillfactor skills, like that ‘PlagueDoc fire’, but does not add much to higher skillfactor skills

1 Like

I wonder how it affects meteor when cast on top of flame ground (5 hits). Does it add 250% SF or still only 50%?

1 Like

It should be possible to determine if Agny does add 50% since the meteor multiplier is rather large so miniscule chages such as adding 50% to 3000% and then comparing skills with a multiplier that’s around ~100% such as lv.1 Flame Ground would make the difference be more “visible”, that is, there would barely be any change noticeable in the larger value (Meteor) and a much higher change in the lower value (Flame Ground).

It would have been great, though, if the demonstrator had revealed his M.Atk and the Skill Factor% so we can solve for K in (S%+K)xM = Dmg using the following equations

(S+K)% x (M.Atk) = 94000 (Agny)
 S%    x (M.Atk) = 87000 (M.Peta)

By substitution, we should be able to get the following equation,

K = (SF% + 7000)/M.Atk

All we need now is to know is the person’s SF% and M.Atk, plug it into that and we’ll know for sure.

Should anyone be interested in testing, we may have to re-derive the equation for K. If anyone is curious to try it, can you give me

1. The damage before and after equipping Agny

2. The SFactor% of skill used

3. Your character’s M.Atk

Of the three only damage should vary. The others must be kept the same. If you can try with multiple skills so much the better. I’ll see if I can reset to do some tests but right now that’s somewhat impossible so I’ll get to it later…maybe :no_mouth:

1 Like

Wouldn’t be better to invest in flare and fireball instead of flame ground and fire pillar? I know that ground and pillar now have a great aoe, but they seems to gain so little in damage with the lvls investments (overall the benefit of agny in low factor skills could compensate the low investment). I thought in use the aoe of ground/pillar with the good skill factor of flare… or this isn’t that functional?

i dunno about fireball but flare can be maxed since it hits twice if there is a fireball and the enemy is burning and the damge is based on flare because the damage is identical
Like Fireball > flame ground > flare 3x or Pillar > Fireball > Flare 3x

1 Like

You can if you want, but the overall DPS of Flame Ground and Fire Pillar is much better since their AoE damage persists. Compare the following for damage:

• Fireball 15: 676% x 5 OverHeat = 3380%

• Fire Pillar 10: 200%/0.5 x 10 = 4000%

• Flame Ground: 196%/0.5 x 8 = 3136%

• Flare 15: 963% x3 = 2889%

Between, Flame ground, Fire Pillar and Flare, Getting the former two is much better since they do not depend on applying a prior effect in order to deal damage. The likelihood of you using Flare is dependent on whether or not you can inflict burn with Fireball or have caught an enemy with Ground and Pillar. As such, you may want to invest in the more powerful skill, treating Flare as ‘bonus damage’. It may have a lower cooldown, yes, but if you’re already going to use Flame Ground, for example, to trigger Flare, you may as well go all in.

Fireball is a different story. Because it has such a low cooldown, you can turn it into your main source of damage or simply filler. Personally, I would use Fireball as filler since its effects are not as far-reaching as the other two options. Not only that, but in order to arrive at a decision, there are other considerations that come into play.

For Fire Pillar

• Fire Pillar can multihit and perma-stun. This allows you to take on groups of stronger oponents by having sufficient CC and taking them down with superior damage. To be fair, the same can be said of Fireball due to its 8s cooldown but because Pillar’s throughput is based on its multihit it doubly benefits from M.Atk and bonus Addt’l Damage, say, from an Enchanter or a Priest.

• The amount of dmage over time will be much more efficient in terms of Damage per SP. Consider that Fireball 15 costs 93 SP. Using all 5 overheats will cost you 465 SP–almost an R9 skill! This fact alone will make the skill difficult to use in the short run, although, to be fair, 3k+ every 8s gives the same Skill Factor% as a single cast of Shadow Thorn (3.1k for 450 SP for a single use) but with less power (Shadow Thorn has 4 OverHeats)

• That, and it is by far a better way of dealing with bosses due to Fire Pillar’s not having the animation delay of fireball.

For Flame ground

• Most of the better arguments for Pillar hold (multihit, more efficient) with the exception of permastun and FG having a much larger radius.

• The only thing that works against this skill is the fact that it only works on ground-type enemies so you won’t be hitting that Harpeia any time soon. Fortunately, there are classes with tricks to help get around this such as Psychokino, Hunter, etc.

• Lastly, and this is more of a special mention, it’s a really good farming skill especially if you’re farming lower level areas for materials. This is one reason why I find the PyroChemist build very interesting. With Swell Body and Flame Ground, you will be farming at double the rate one normally would.

Alternatively, you can keep it at lvl 1 for the side bonuses I’ve mentioned and focus on other skills such as Enchant Fire for an AA build if that tickles your fancy in the future. As @BlackCat said, even levelling Flare is viable since a single cast can account for multiple skills. However, as for verifying this fact, it’s rather hard as I can’t separate the Flare damage line from the Pillar and Ground damage lines. Believe me, I just tried.

If this doesn’t satisfy you. you can join our discussion on this thread. Lots of people with experience using Pyromancer (I’m pretty sure there are Elementalists there, too) so you may be interested.

The wording is somewhat misleading but I get what you’re saying. In general, though, the burn buff is counted as an individual ‘instance’ that triggers flare’s damage apart from other Pyromancer skills. It does not create additional instances as the number of Fireballs increase. Proof with Fireball 15 and Flare 7:

As to whether you should or should not you should level Flare is personal preference. I like leaving it at 1 if I could.

1 Like

that test is wrong. You should have done the combo I listed. Infact in your test the dummy did not burn.

1 Like

Yes, but, as I said in my post, the burning counts as an individual ‘instance’ of damage so it will work as if I casted Flame Pillar on it. I am not disagreeing with you. I was just clarifying that multiple instances of Fireball do not stack on their own against Flare.

It’s actually rather the same mechanic as the FirePressure combo. You can have multiple casts of FIreball then use Psychic Pressure and you will observe that multiple animations proc at the same time. In reality only one ‘spark’ actually hits despite the number of Fireballs.

1 Like

"multiple instances of Fireball do not stack on their own against Flare. is not my argument. My argument is that

1. If the target is burning it deal flare damage.
  2. If there is a fireball around deal another damage.
    And this makes up the “2 hit” Flare.
    The second interaction is added in the wizard update that flare explodes nearby fireballs
    This is the same concept as old Frost Pillar + Ice Blast where Ice Blast deal 2 hits because Ice Pillar deals AOE damage around it when using Ice Blast then Ice Blast damages frozen enemies.
    Come on, I’m doing the exact combo I listed to farm on my Pyro3. I deal 2 instances of damage for flare.
1 Like

If you insist,

I honestly don’t see why we disagree. If you have Flame Ground and Fireball, you will have two hits of Flare. If you have Fireball and the target burns, you will have two hits of flare. If you have Flame ground, Fireball and the target is burning, you will have 2 hits of Flare. I honestly can’t tell how many hits you will get after Flame Ground, Fire Pillar and then Flare (or any other combination of Fire Pillar and Flame Ground together for that matter).

But, speak as you wish. I was asked for my opinion and gave an answer. For verification I have two videos. I’ll let the inquirer determine who is right (assuming there’s actually a difference that matters). Adieu!

3 Likes

I’ve tested it last night, the maximum flare hit is 2 - one from flare itself(must be burnt state) and other from fireball explosion, no matter how many fireballs u place around…sadly I expect to get 6 hits from 5 fireballs with one flare overheat

flame ground and then flame pillar(or vice versa) also give only 1 flare hit though

1 Like