Tree of Savior Forum

About Highlander C3

yeeeep, it used to give u 60% crit CHANCE now it does what u said =/

dafuq
No wonder i almost never crit
only have 9 crit rate :joy:

Does skull swing also boost additional line damage same as attaque coquille ?? (sacrament ,carfrisun)

Well people donā€™t AA much anyway just for information haha.

it reduces defense to 0, so it boosts any phyisical dmg

thanks, i saw the damage guide before but i havenā€™t read the simplified formula.

And after reading the simplified version. to understand the def factor iā€™ll just to add crit factor and T modifiers to understand the 1k increase damage from a debuffed 290 monster, but im too lazy to calculate and il just stick with screenshot than imagine the damage.

I read some time ago on this forum about test results mentioning that Attaque does not really reduce armor def to 0 against pierce attacks, but instead adds the same amount the enemy has as defense to your attack stat when using pierce attacks, effectively canceling out the armor def from the enemy.
So if you have 1000 atk and the enemy has 500 def then your attack internally becomes 1500 atk when using a pierce attack, which then gets reduced by the enemies armor def to 1000, making it look like a 0 def enemy.

Thatā€™s why Skull swing and Attaque donā€™t ā€œstackā€:
Skull swing reduces armor def to 0, thatā€™s why Attaque canā€™t internally add any bonus to your atk stat (1000 atk + 0 bonus atk from Attaque = 1000 atk).

That being said, i wonder :
Skull swing + Attaque has no advantages other than Skull swings 0 def. We established that. However, does it do something different when using it the other way around?
Like :
Use Attaque first and then Skill swing.
If what i read (Attaque not really being an armor break effect, but just adding attack) is correct and if maybe, just maybe, the bonus atk is stored in the Attaque debuff and determined when Attaque is used then using Attaque first to get ā€˜enemies armor valueā€™ bonus atk and then using Skull Swing to reduce enemies armor to 0 might result in doubling the effect.

1000 atk - 500 def = 500 dmg without any debuffs
1000 atk - 0 def = 1000 dmg with skull swing
1000 atk - 500 def + 500 bonus atk = 1000 dmg with Attaque
1000 atk - 0 def + 0 bonus atk = 1000 dmg with Skull swing first + Attaque second
1000 atk - 0 def + 500 bonus atk = 1500 dmg with Attaque first + Skull swing second?

Maybe it doesnā€™t work, but i think itā€™s worth checking out.

no it would have no effect and cause detriment. Coquille will ADD 0 damage because enemy has 0 defence but hereā€™s the thing, Coquille also adds that defence to your sacrament buff (any fencer can test this) so coquille will ADD 0 damage to you sacrament buff.

this info i think is in the thread Fencer PVE. it has picture of it.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/e/b/ebb78bafdea17dac7f81c283c281ad56a036b47e_1_649x500.jpg

This is Skull Swing + Attaque + Lunge

There you go. Regardless of order used, Attaque will place a buff to boost all Pierce attack therefore whether Skull Swing was used before or after would not matter at all

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t say a lot. Cross Cut can be at 1 point, just for the bleed which I believe only scales with Str and only 5 points in Moulinet. My build would have only 1 point in Cross Guard but iā€™ll have about 480 Str at 280.

@Lenny Didnā€™t realise they needed Moulinetā€™s attribute like that.

@hienng1991 :
Thank you very much for testing. :slight_smile:

Sorry but that was not me. Please credit @Kascly instead. I forgot to tag him. Sorry again

high c3, corsair1, doppel 3ā€¦im majestic as ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦ :3 can solo most of the timeā€¦can even solo 190 dgā€¦

fvck the metaā€¦do what u want to do and enjoy the game :slight_smile:

1 Like

So heres a showcase of my Sw1/HL3/Barb1/Dop2 I hope it gives some insight to people looking at this path.

Just showcasing my build SwordsmanC1/HighlanderC3/BarbarianC1/DoppelsƶldnerC2

Gears:
Magi Two-Handed Sword +11 Lv5 Green Gem ~ LV6 Green Gem
Full Plate Roxona
Desert Chupacabra Ears : AoE Defense Ratio 1 Physical Attack 24 Critical Attack 54
Goggles: Physical Attack 26, Critical Attack 32
Maple Leaf: Physical Attack 42

Attributes:
Doppelsƶldner : Cyclone Lv60, Punish Lv45, Redel Lv31 Zucken Lv30, Zonhau Lv25

Highlander : Cartar Stroke Lv50, Cross Guard Lv50, Moulinet Lv50
Skull Swing Lv50, Two Handed Sword Mastery: Critical Attack Lv5
Skyliner Lv50 Crosscut Lv50 Vertical Slash Lv40

Barbarian: Helm Chopper Lv50 Cleave Lv50

Swordsman: Bash Lv60, Gung Ho Lv50, Concentrate Lv50,

Note: Sorry for the low damage on the Cyclone skill from doppelsƶldner tree. Iā€™ve been having problems with it if I drop too many frames hitting too many monsters at the same time and the skill level will revert down to skill level 1.

3 Likes

yeah, sometimes my cyclone bugged too, it revert to lv1. :joy:

Iā€™ll try later my Vslash to compare with tomorrows patch

(skill lvl 4)

just try to combo ur skills better xD

Yeah, xD Iā€™m pretty bad when it comes to cycling skills right.

corscut>skyliner
crown/zornau>cleave>zucken>redel (this is going to be extremely powerful with doppel c3)
cleave>cyclone
croscut>cleave>skyliner x3
skull swing> any of these above
bash>any of these above, if the mob hits hard

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually playing a HighlanderC3 and Iā€™m really enjoying it. Lots of skills that combo together and to spam :smiley: And the C3 costume is also pretty cool. Skyline makes a bling noise and looks flashier. You also hold your sword in front of you instead of on the side normally.

2 Likes