Tree of Savior Forum

About Challenge Mode and Bernice dungeon

While it certainly is nice for some Classes how damage is calculated in said dungeons, it is sadly very much biased towards two-handed Classes.

This is because with every level you advance into the content, the defence of the monsters becomes multiplied by a certain modifier, thus crippling the overall damage if the player doesn’t have sufficient attack.

It can be easily tested by bringing a Thaumaturge with you and buff you with 2-3k attack.
You will realize that monsters of said stages will suddenly take doubled damage if compared to running without said attack increase buffs.

This, however, results in people utilizing two-handed weaponry with adequate investment dealing several times the damage since their base attack is already very high.
An extreme example would be Musketeer, who can buff his minimum patk to be equal to his maximum patk, resulting in the ability to deal several times the damage of a regular player of a one-handed Class in said modes once the defence increased enough.

I think this approach is very unfair in nature, as it benefits only those who have access to the weaponry with the highest attack values & skill boosts for said values (also including critical attack) while making the Classes who don’t have access to high attack values via weaponry suffer extremely[i.e. they are crippled much faster and much more severe due to the way damage is calculated as log of atk/def].

In my opinion, it would be better/more fair if instead of a defence increase, the overall damage monsters take would be reduced each stage you advance by a certain percentage, so that all people suffer equally regardless of weapon type/Class.