Tree of Savior Forum

A3 Vs Ro1 / Faint + Barrage Combo vs Ms Lv 15

i have both tried an A3, and feint+barrage so heres my take,

I know i’ve been suggesting to you for a while now and here I go again

what you get w/ A3 is twin shot and a stronger MS upto lv15, while having twin shot as single target filler is very good, charging up MS to lv15 is quite the ordeal and also it takes some time to do it and you can be interrupted and you are glued to your position. Feint+barrage is way easier to execute. just feint the targets, you dont even have to instantaneously cast barrage since the debuff will last for a while, when you decide to hit barrage, the only thing you need to consider is to be at close proximity with your target so barrage arrows will all pass to the same target.

with MS, you have to make sure the target wont move so youre arrows can hit. and its a waste of time and dps if your target did change location after you release MS

in the end though, it would still boil down to your playstyle and skill rotation. while feint+barrage is a good combo, it doesnt fit to most build since you will have to be in melee range to do feint+barrage making MS lv15 the safer option

ps.

if you plan to take rogue c1 to do feint+barrage combo, dont take vendatta, and get max capture instead

I don’t agree with you.

Please care about the action time too.

With MS15, you have 14 sec CD + charging time + action time. Let’s assume you need 3 secs for charging and 3 more secs for 1 use so you need a total of 26 secs per 32 hits

While feint+barrage you have 25 sec cd, you can assume it has 25 CD per combo since barrage has no charging time and action time is so low that you can use all 3 overheat in time. So it’s 30 hits in 25 sec

I have ar2ran1sc1ro1fal3(it’s not my main)
If you compare ar3 to sc1 you should care about hit/sec(low level classes damage is come from item so just calculate hit/sec(i don’t calculate mine since it’s not necessary)

the complete question is: steadyaim+feint+barrage vs multishot15+twin arrow
Assuming i crit at 10k
with steady aim+feint+barrage it become 10k30hit+10%=330k
with multishot15 it is 10k
30hit +5xtwinarrowlv5

For this is choose MS 15 + Twin is simply better on my play style and i know on paper with good skill manage can deal more or less same amount of dmg.

3 Sec for charge is for lvl 15 without speed charge attribute. With attribute is 1.5 Sec cast time for 1.5 Sec Execution time.

Different time for use skill, same resoult, considering also the CD even if barrage is faster and MS slower in the end we’re bound to the CD’s.

This is a nice point.

My key ranks are A2 R3 Falc 1 Mergen. Leaving Place for 1 filler only.

Case A: A3 R3 Falc Mergen

Option B is A2 R3 Ro Falc Mergen

So in the end is:

Faint + barrage combo + Capture (Additional 15 Hit on Barrage And Arrow Sprinkle Capture)

Vs Twin Arrow and + 5 Hit to MS.

Or total different build:

A3 R1 Sc1 Ro Falc Mergen

Personally i prefer Ranger for more single target dmg? and the +20% dmg on burst.

I realized for write from telephone i writed wrong things in the post before. I’ve edited with more clear explanation

if you really like this build, you only really have space for utility, either choose scout or rogue from my perspective.

i hope i am not confusing you more, just trying to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rogue is the only sensed because provide a real boost in terms of dmg while scout is only good for cloaking(travel and pvp) and pass easy some ET floor. (scout also flare but is for stationary fight)

So for sure i will choose Rogue if the choice is Sc1 or Ro1

But i will say one more time i love A3, i love ms lv 15 i play much time with it bugged and always managed it, also love Twin Arrow.

The thing i would like to ear is simply:

Relax A3 or Ro1 in your build don’t matter so much b/c are filler rank so you can choose wich one you like more.

Other hand if is not like that i would like some one tell me "hey man you will regreat about this choice in long term view so trust me don’t pick a3) difference is not marginal but is HUGE difference.

If difference is really minimal for preference and play style i would go A3.

but i don’t want regreat that choice maybe at end game build r10 re roll b/c i skipped rogue.

Btw thx for help much appriciated

in other hand would be good if someone can provide me an idea of difference / pro cons between:

A2 R3 Ro1 Fal Mergen

And

A3 R1 Sc1 Ro Falc Megen

A2R3Ro1FalMergen:
+steadyaim lv 15 but it is actually only 10% increase from steadyaim lv 5 with the cost of 2 rank, while R1 give 10% increase with the cost of 1 rank
+coolest R3 costume

A3RaScRoFalMergen:
+cloaking +5movespeed
+fluflu for aggroing (fluflu+cloaking will make enemies attack their friend)
+camouflage for mini safetyzone
+flareshot DoT infinite AoE
+double flareshot+rain arrow

1 Like

IMO, you should go for ar2ran3ro1fal1mer. It takes too long time for lv15 MS to use in like 3 or 4 sec left after circling + triple arrow + homing arrow combo

This make sense to me and is good pro for Rogue +1 here.

About paragon of build :

Would like to ask to @myself what is the difference in barrage lvl 5-15. also forgot to metion as filler spiral arrow that is 12 shoot in a very short time.

For the rest, since both build have capture scout in terms of dmg provide only flare and x2 with capture in combo with arrow sprinkle (good AoE burst)

But at this point a build A2SAP2R1Ro1FalcMergen

lose a3 that we sayd can be easy replaced by more usefull stuff, and change the scout 1 with sapper 2.

Lose Flare to capture and Cloaking for trave/pvp/easy et floors

for Gain pujistake + circling combo + claymore (c2 new attribute is good and hit fly too + synergy with circling) and broom trap to also capture wich i think potential is better than flare?

flare as ground skill don’t hit fly type right?

Here’s from my master:

flareshot can still hit flying boss

1 Like

much appriciated.

Hit flying boss mean normal monster too right?

mm Flare shoot and broom trap are both t4 skill. Same up time 15 Sec both CD almost same 40 - 42 can you tell me if is a difference in number of hits of the skills?

Broom trap require 1 more useless circle to be gained and is not even able to hit fly. even if have a nice wide range. for mergen flying with 2hand bow for sure not are problem. and have 42 attack power more^^

Focus on other benefit from A2 Sap 2 and A3 Sc1

A2 everyone knows his benefit. Sap 2 we talk about broom trap that is same as flare for the exception that can’t hit flying mob but have bigger range.
Claymore have good synergy with circling and have new circle 2 attribute that make this skill one of most powerfull in the entire archer tree.
Also puji stake + circling combo (i admit is hard to use so better don’t count too much on it. but maybe with a team can always be usefull so i include it because is also very much powerfull vs ground monster)
Collar Bombo is just a filler and lvl 5 is meh.

On side of A3Sc1 we have more 5 lvl to MS, 5 Lvl to Twin Arrow new filler, and 5 That usualy i set 4 in heavy shoot (to make it lvl 9) and 1 on full draw (i save point from circle so have my skill are 15 ms 15 ss 5 twin 9 heavy 1 full draw)

So in the end of the fight is:

Punji stake + circling combo
broom trap + capture
Claymore + circling synergy
and a “lvl 5 collar bomb” i don’t know if it have any sinergy.

For sapper is all

A3SC1

+5 Lv MS
New Skill filler twin arrow lv 5
+5 Heavy Shoot
+5 SS (saved from r2)

Scout: Cloaking lv 5 + attribute (Trave/Pvp Utility, ET some floor easy clear) no dmg and in pve fight is not much usefull.
Flare Lv 5 Same as broom trap with 42 phys dmg less and smaller range. But with the ability to hit fly as well.
Flu Flu Lv1 CC restricted to number of targets
Barrel Lv4 Protective skill not worth outside pvp or for survival situation

Considering all those data.

A2R3Ro1Falc
A3R1Sc1RoFalc
A2SAP2R1RoFalc1

wich build is better for a AoE burst mergen build? (i prefer high aoe and less single target) and mergen is burst type just like SW but is just c1 i want concentrate on a burst build with good dmg even if this mean no pvp why no scout or no world boss because your single target is too low.

i want improve mergen burst nature long cd with of usefull aoe filler.

Already both scout path and sapper path only for the long 40 sec cool down sound dangerous. And Capture 3 Min CD. (From this tought i made A3R3Falc. You know still good dmg no faint dependent no capture dependent and no long cd filler. Just lot of insane filler AoE and Sinlge.

Englight me on wich is the most performing setup for Mergen.

and for me is not fletcher^^ maybe i will regreat and re roll to supreme 6 rank in a row fletchermergen but not yet. maybe when mergen will be more indipendent can be possible but if will be AOE ratio dependent falconer become almost a must making useless anyother build for AoE mergen.

also i don’t like fletcher for stationary i’ve got 2 fletcher already i want something different. just hope to have right in long time view

Englight me please on wich build i should follow and start play this game!!!

Correction: Flareshot only hit normal ground monster and ground+flying boss.
What i like about flareshot is it only need SP. Sapper’s broom trap need SP+ashwood

A3 SC1
or
A2SAP2 ?

For dps sapper is not better? even if lose utility ofc

do you know if is a difference in number of hit between broom and flare?

IIRC, many sapperfalconer3 said that scout cloaking really help them setting up trap and scout fluflu help them aggro the mob to the trap

let’s pel3 pull mob instead

i think u forgot sneak hit, rogue not just about feint and capture @@

i care more about team play than solo.

In that scenario may be saper better dmg than a3 sc1?

agree or any tank so i rely on teamplay

sneak hit is useless for high dex build and i will not use WW cards.

u don’t even need a full team unless you going end game raid
get a duo then u will be fine

my plague doctor have same issue as falcon
unlimited aoe doesn’t matter if u can’t aggro mob
let’s pel pull 30+ mob and stack no another group
then kill 30-40mob at once

different class are born different way
some need time to setup, some faster
ex. linker party tend to kill group by group/pelt, cryo, falcon tend to stack more

everything is fine if u enjoy
but in harder content
u need hugh invest to be good or being meta or both